Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Browncoat_

Language issues

6 comments in this topic

[DENY2]
[DENY2]
Members
64 posts
1,767 battles

So is there any way or gaming can put in place in chat some type of translator, because I know we've all seen it during random battles people typing in different languages for the most part in random battles you can pretty much ignore it. But in ranked battles it tends to make things a little difficult when you don't understand what other players are typing in chat, so to be honest I don't know for gaming already has some type of translation program that I just need to turn on. Or if this is something war gaming is even able to do. 

I just believe that this would make communication and teamwork a little more effective in ranked battles, I know for the most part most people don't understand what communication and teamwork is anyway but it would be nice to actually have the opportunity to work as a team.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,397 battles
1 hour ago, _Browncoat_ said:

So is there any way or gaming can put in place in chat some type of translator, because I know we've all seen it during random battles people typing in different languages for the most part in random battles you can pretty much ignore it. But in ranked battles it tends to make things a little difficult when you don't understand what other players are typing in chat, so to be honest I don't know for gaming already has some type of translation program that I just need to turn on. Or if this is something war gaming is even able to do. 

I just believe that this would make communication and teamwork a little more effective in ranked battles, I know for the most part most people don't understand what communication and teamwork is anyway but it would be nice to actually have the opportunity to work as a team.

Yea we had a guy last on our side that was chatting in Cyrillic. Guy was pretty good. Just by watching the mini map I was able to help his cruiser out.

Beta Testers
1,305 posts
6,546 battles

Wait what server are you on, because I've pretty much never seen this happen in NA, with the occasional exception of Spanish.
If you're feeling like you're missing something you can just use the built in commands and ping more than usual.  My experience with non-English speakers on NA is that generally realize that they're in the minority, and they'll try to use the same commands back.  They just need to be reminded sometimes.

[DENY2]
[DENY2]
Members
64 posts
1,767 battles
11 minutes ago, Kenjister said:

Wait what server are you on, because I've pretty much never seen this happen in NA, with the occasional exception of Spanish.
If you're feeling like you're missing something you can just use the built in commands and ping more than usual.  My experience with non-English speakers on NA is that generally realize that they're in the minority, and they'll try to use the same commands back.  They just need to be reminded sometimes.

I play a North American server, and I kind of see it all the time this morning alone I played 6 games in ranked and in two of those games we had two Spanish-speaking players. In one of the games had two players communicating with each other and with each other only. And any other one it was one Spanish-speaking player who was in The destroyer who is abusing the requesting support key. And from what I can tell ranting in Spanish that nobody was helping him. But as we all know it's hard to support someone when they're in a DD and on the other side of map for some ungodly reason, when the rest of the team all went to the other side. So it was a minimap fail as well as a language fail

[4HIM]
Members
1,805 posts
4,072 battles
1 hour ago, Kenjister said:

Couple times I've seen players typing in Cyrillic.  I only play NA server.  Don't see it often, but I do see it from time to time.

Sign in to follow this