You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AyanoMidori

The models of Fubuki, Hatsuharu and Kagero

5 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
Members
426 posts
3,849 battles

Is there a chance WG will be updating the models of these old Japanese destroyers? They have been in the game for a long time and their models look hideous compared to the other destroyers of the line.

I would also like to point out that the turrets on Fubuki and Kagero are incorrect. According to NavWeaps.com, the Fubuki class (at least the modernised verson we have in WoWS) should have the same gun mounts as Akatsuki and Hatsuharu.

2R4VBHR.png

(Shinonome is the only ship in the game that looks closer to the original Fubuki than our current Fubuki, because it mounts the original non-DP Type A)

EWY29Tb.jpg

eYDxITM.jpg

This is the Ayanami subclass, every class after this mounted DP guns, and as you can see the WoWS version got the gun wrong. I cannot find any references to the strange mount found in the game. Kagero in game uses the same model as the Fubuki's gun.

Also according to NavWeaps.com Shiratsuyu and Asashio mount the same guns as Kagero. Their newer models got it right, but the old Kagero has it wrong.

75kQAgW.jpg

54SI1Lz.jpg

Here is Yukikaze, of the Kagero class, one of the more famous IJN destroyers (seriously why do we have Asashio instead of this :cap_book: )

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,419 battles

Yeah a lot of the old models are much worse now (ex. My Amagi with its hexagon gun barrels) but as far as I know WG is redoing/improving older models. I noticed that the Des Moines looks a lot nicer and more detailed now, they definitely improved the model/fine details of it. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,822 posts
10,379 battles
7 hours ago, AyanoMidori said:

I would also like to point out that the turrets on Fubuki and Kagero are incorrect. According to NavWeaps.com, the Fubuki class (at least the modernised verson we have in WoWS) should have the same gun mounts as Akatsuki and Hatsuharu.

If you mean the mounts, then I think you're correct -

1943 - 1944, all survived: new turrets were mounted with maximal elevation angle 75°. - 1 x 2 - 127/50 (No 2), 1 x 2 - 25/60; + 4 x 3 - 25/60 96-shiki, 4 x 1 - 13.2/76

However Fubuki's did lose a turret later in the war if that's what you're getting at. Shinonome is in her as-sunk December 1941 configuration. Why Fubuki doesn't get some DP AA if she did get 75' turrets is beyond me. WG's decisions on AA are some of the more questionable.

[-ARP-]
Members
426 posts
3,849 battles
1 hour ago, mofton said:

If you mean the mounts, then I think you're correct -

1943 - 1944, all survived: new turrets were mounted with maximal elevation angle 75°. - 1 x 2 - 127/50 (No 2), 1 x 2 - 25/60; + 4 x 3 - 25/60 96-shiki, 4 x 1 - 13.2/76

However Fubuki's did lose a turret later in the war if that's what you're getting at. Shinonome is in her as-sunk December 1941 configuration. Why Fubuki doesn't get some DP AA if she did get 75' turrets is beyond me. WG's decisions on AA are some of the more questionable.

The DP mounts on IJN destroyers (excluding Akizuki) turned and fired so slow they weren't viable. So they would barely even be noticeable in game.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,822 posts
10,379 battles
6 minutes ago, AyanoMidori said:

The DP mounts on IJN destroyers (excluding Akizuki) turned and fired so slow they weren't viable. So they would barely even be noticeable in game.

Shima gets 10 DPS per turret, as does Yugumo. awful turret traverse on those ones too. 10 DPS is pretty solid for a DP gun.