You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
atPrick__

Remember when everyone was worried about Tirp being too strong

21 comments in this topic

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

Well...

its now, boat is stupid in ranked...

Edited by atPrick__
  • Bad 2

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

I have struggled with DDs, Yo Lang.

first day for me, but. I have played a couple seasons of ranked.

Tirp is waaaaay strong. Slap a Nurn captain in her, spam HE and call for fire. Shoot at stuff thats burning and push, use torps and secondaries.  Boat is built for ranked.

• Bad 1

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
Just now, UltimateNewbie said:

The AA is still weak - when the semi-pro carrier drivers are out in force from Ranks 5-2, you'll be crying for buffs. 

And Destroyers.

Yes, bout it.

You sail around broadside with little issue, a DD pops up you close and click. CVs are the weakness....

• Bad 1

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

Started at 15 flat.

At 12 with some major, major losing.

• Bad 1

[DKM]
Members
115 posts
14,554 battles
1 hour ago, atPrick__ said:

Well...

its now, boat is stupid in ranked...

against braindead players, who never heard of kiting, the armor also gets punished heavily from bbs

advise from a guy who played tirp too much in ranked and randoms

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

I ranked out with Tirp.

Played Kiev, OG Kiev(before any change, she was really good). Up till r5, t7-8 she couldn't hang, or I couldn't. Nothing but Fubuki then.

Tirp is hard to hit, you can play her and not worry about getting destroyed. You can set her up to run and shoot, you have to pay attention to the damage in front of you. But you can stack with HE, her AP is an option. But...

Team damage, if I set a fire and a BB puts it out. He gets lit again.... Well thats the point. I won't see it but it's still damage.

• Bad 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,449 posts
8,103 battles

In the hands of a decent player, with a team that can get them in closer, against those unfamiliar with the ship - it wrecks.

Otherwise players in it, like most German BB's are left enraged by literally being burned to death.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
Just now, WanderingGhost said:

In the hands of a decent player, with a team that can get them in closer, against those unfamiliar with the ship - it wrecks.

Otherwise players in it, like most German BB's are left enraged by literally being burned to death.

My point I guess is survivability, at 8 nothing.

Nothing is close.

Stay alive push, set fires, torp. Push. Push. Push. Keep DDs alive.

• Bad 1

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

I need to follow this up.

I don't play a lot of T10 BB but.

I have learned, staying alive is King. Setting a Battleship up for survivability is ABSOLUTELY everything. 

Destroyers you set up, imo, to do absolute damage. Cruisers are dependant on what they do.

Battleships... Keep them alive, the more shots and secondaries the better.

• Bad 1

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
8 minutes ago, JToney3449 said:

Wouldnt AP bomb carriers be a good counter if you start seeing a bunch of Tirpz.

Germanz CV?

I guess. Inside r10 I'm guessing CVs would be an issue. I'm not seeing them, unless I play Atago. But I'm at 12.

But yeah, I would guess they would be the counter. Not even AP bombs, any CV murders Tirp. You can't set her up for AA, not even a little. She is like Atago.

Edited by atPrick__
  • Bad 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,893 posts
5,694 battles

Have we not learned this? This guy is a troll, and one with minimal skill at that. Please stop taking the bait and just report him so he eventually gets banned.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
1 minute ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Have we not learned this? This guy is a troll, and one with minimal skill at that. Please stop taking the bait and just report him so he eventually gets banned.

[edited] off

• Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
9,688 posts
7,466 battles
25 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

I was interested in the conversation, so I don't have a problem if he is an allegedly a troll. No troll dung here I can see.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
2 minutes ago, yashma said:

JwICINvo_400x400.jpg

I'm on my phone...

Otherwise I would put up a cool gif/meme/pic.

But like most images on the internet, I have no clue what you mean. But I appreciate the effort.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,840 posts
4,733 battles

I honestly considered Tirpitz for an amazing contender for ranked but after last night I'm a little suspect. Main reason being is EVERYONE -ELSE-IS-RUNNING-ONE and you can get focused with secondaries quickly.

Oddly enough I may move to a destroyer or my Atago....cause BB's hate the fire precious...they hates it.

If I had a GZ I'd be melting these guys with a cloud of stukas.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

I honestly considered Tirpitz for an amazing contender for ranked but after last night I'm a little suspect. Main reason being is EVERYONE -ELSE-IS-RUNNING-ONE and you can get focused with secondaries quickly.

Oddly enough I may move to a destroyer or my Atago....cause BB's hate the fire precious...they hates it.

If I had a GZ I'd be melting these guys with a cloud of stukas.

Just like Yo Lang.

It's stock car racing, all about the set up and player.

My Yo Lang set up will never be shared;) she is set up for ranked. Tirp is fun. Tirp is a Destroyer if played right.

[INTEL]
Members
8,581 posts
25,696 battles
20 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

The AA is still weak - when the semi-pro carrier drivers are out in force from Ranks 5-2, you'll be crying for buffs. 

Just exit the queue. AA doesn't matter then. You shouldn't put your game at the mercy of the CV, it's too much of a gamble. I have only seen 1 CV, when I was distracted and didn't exit the queue in time.

I've been alternating Tirp and Z-23. Tirp is very strong, especially at the ranges Ranked is fought at. Flamu liked North Carolina, but I feel it doesnt brawl well and once you are on a course, you can't turn off. They become very static and of course, easy prey for torps.