Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BotherRed

Ships Horn

18 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
17,079 posts
17,744 battles

I think that only other ships within a certain distance (6 km?) can hear your horn.  As for the recharge rate, I think that the slow recharge rate is used to prevent people from spamming the horn and becoming obnoxious.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,865 posts
1,338 battles
36 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Very few read anything involving a/the game, let alone anything as mundane as patchnotes.

It's pretty annoying to those of us who do read this information.

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,503 battles

Should have longer reload. Like maybe 20 min and one charge. A very short charge. Like maybe .0001 sec.

• Cool 1

[RUST]
Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

I'd prefer if they just got rid of the stupid things, but I'd be happy if they would at least fix the enable/disable box.

Had the horns disabled since day 1, but sometimes it doesn't work and I still hear them.

Members
4,561 posts
6,492 battles

I have not seen it being abused.  I like the horn. I give a short toot often when it's time to head out.

• Cool 1

Members
3,470 posts
6,176 battles

I have had it spammed in Ranked last night.  The recharge is fine - if you are waiting for it to recharged because you ran out - then you are spamming it.

[SALVO]
Members
17,079 posts
17,744 battles
5 hours ago, dmckay said:

I have not seen it being abused.  I like the horn. I give a short toot often when it's time to head out.

Same here.

I don't know if I like or dislike the horn, per se.  I just know that I haven't seen it being abused (yet?).

5 hours ago, CylonRed said:

I have had it spammed in Ranked last night.  The recharge is fine - if you are waiting for it to recharged because you ran out - then you are spamming it.

This is so, so true.

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
266 posts
3,480 battles

I have used the horn to help avoid a collision on at least 2 occasions.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,465 posts
2,405 battles

I played Monarch on the PTS.  The ship is okay though the up-tiering is abysmal.  But the most outstanding thing about Monarch is the HORN.  Pure power.  Sounding it makes me feel like a real man .. er .. duck.

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
370 posts
9,057 battles

I like the sound of the horns and usually (not always) the spam ends after the first minute of floating to the combat zone.  I've seen people use it as a means of warning another friendly that there may be collision or the voicing of displeasure after collision and that's just fine with me.

Aoba had a fantastic sounding horn but I sold that ship because its Aoba. :cap_tea:

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,176 battles

There's a hidden feature. 

Sometimes, you don't press anything, and you still hear the horn right next to your ear. The best part is that you can't turn it off and it just rings all match! What a great feature, 13/10 feature.

[WOLF4]
Members
132 posts
3,212 battles

I think the horn feature is broken. I disable horns yet I still hear them. Very annoying when you have a horny player or two on your side.

[SYN]
Members
4,548 posts
11,437 battles

Forum necrophilia has become a thing, hasn't it?

Sign in to follow this