Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Arthur_Dayne

AA upgrades. not worth it. need seperate slot

8 comments in this topic

[JEEP]
[JEEP]
Beta Testers
430 posts
6,429 battles

I think that the upgrades are ok.. but maybe we need  like to re work them into things like.. CREW GUNNERY SECONDARIES AA MECHANICALS  DAMAGE CONTROL and OBSERVATION ..... a crew upgrade might make you reload faster.. gunnery same as we have pplotting room and such....secondaries..same AA is you pick an AA mount... but in this case it doesn't take away ....if u build aa 3/4 of your battles are no carriers...so its a huge penalty....id rather have a separate slot.....mechanicals would be your acceleration turning....damage control....as we have and observation which is as we have it with the decreased visibility or target acquisition.

I really think ALL ships tier IV on need 7 upgrade slots.... 

My main concern is the AA tho.. people r going into battles with aa upgrades that have no planes...so why would u pick it....make an AA ONLY slot

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,072 posts
17,737 battles

Arthur, are you incapable of properly punctuating a post?  Seriously.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,449 posts
8,107 battles

Hell. The :etc_swear:. NO. Not unless wargaming is going to nerf AA to some reasonable levels because at this point the only saving grace playing a CV is what few ships you don't run into AA spec and all. I just had a match in Taiho where, I feel bad the guy was apologizing after the fact because I lost my cool, I couldn't give my team proper fighter cover because of a Minotaur invisible till I hear "were under attack" and by the time I can recall or change course most or all the planes are dead, and a couple times, I never even saw smoke and he was apparently unspotted shredding my planes as they tried to defend a BB. I've lost almost as many planes to a Kidd, I can't tell you how many times I target the lone BB and if I'm luck half my planes drop ordnance at all, plenty of times they are wiped out before even dropping anything.

Wargaming sufficiently nerfs AA, sure, I'd back the plan, hell, I suggest as part of rebalancing the joke that is CV balance currently actually making AA and Secondary mod 2 a single mod again. But until such a time Wargaming reverse that and many other folly's they have had the last 2 years "trying" and I use that term loosely, to fix CV's -see my original statement.

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,003 battles

No i really enjoy people building for AA cause they are a detriment to their team. and as an everything but BB player i like when BBs are bad. Easier stat padding.

If anything they need to remove manual secondaries. If i wanted to play against the AI i would play in CO-OP or those weird operations.

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,003 battles
50 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Hell. The :etc_swear:. NO. Not unless wargaming is going to nerf AA to some reasonable levels because at this point the only saving grace playing a CV is what few ships you don't run into AA spec and all. I just had a match in Taiho where, I feel bad the guy was apologizing after the fact because I lost my cool, I couldn't give my team proper fighter cover because of a Minotaur invisible till I hear "were under attack" and by the time I can recall or change course most or all the planes are dead, and a couple times, I never even saw smoke and he was apparently unspotted shredding my planes as they tried to defend a BB. I've lost almost as many planes to a Kidd, I can't tell you how many times I target the lone BB and if I'm luck half my planes drop ordnance at all, plenty of times they are wiped out before even dropping anything.

Wargaming sufficiently nerfs AA, sure, I'd back the plan, hell, I suggest as part of rebalancing the joke that is CV balance currently actually making AA and Secondary mod 2 a single mod again. But until such a time Wargaming reverse that and many other folly's they have had the last 2 years "trying" and I use that term loosely, to fix CV's -see my original statement.

^^^^

AA is already wildly out of hand. needs the nerf hammer

Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles

I say buff all planes (my idea) & (Fem's idea not mine) count their HP as actual battle HP(her example is very detailed but I can't remember the name of it...her philosophy is ships should get experience for killing what can hurt them...sounds reasonable).

I say give everybody w/DFAA a separate slot for it (standard buff if you upgrade the mod) but buff plane HP so that DFAA only kills a single plane (or 2 at very most on heavy for their tier AA ships) so people have to group up to shoot down full squadrons. Increase the torpedo bulge reduction bonus on all ships with them so they can survive a lot more torp plane hits to balance it out...I don't have exact numbers in my mind just the basic idea but the idea is to allow CV planes to survive through the battle & ships to not be taken out so easily from a double squadron of them.

When you use hydro/radar/smoke/boost/torp reload booster/spotter or fighter plane/ you still have to do some work to kill whatever it is you are using them against...DFAA shouldn't be an instant squad annihilation tool for only 1 ship & a ship sailing solo should definitely need to do some maneuvering to avoid a full squadron of planes coming at them instead of just spamming a key and know they are safe.

This doesn't have to effect the current meta of DD torp damage against ships...just balance the torp plane damage in relationship to bulges around the existing meta...& maybe an overall reduction in TB damage...he balancers can figure out all that math.

If I recall correctly Fem's idea had a 100 HP/plane XP so that a CV w/say 40 planes has 40k more HP pool...an idea I just came up w/based on that idea is any planes on ship at time of sinking go towards the HP total of the ship that gets the final kill...so there's a benefit for hunting down a CV early but of course CVs would have torpedo bulges greatly increased against instant annihilation from a torpedo plane only attack & their citadels would have to be lowered so it's not so easy for anybody to be able to citadel them.

I don't mind a DD getting close enough to torp out a CV but let's stop acting like a solo  DD can shoot down a full life CV before he even gets into torpedo range...CVs shouldn't be totally defenseless against a single DD attack because their only "ready" squadrons of planes are out on the other side of the map & all the ones in the hanger have to wait until the ones that are out get shot down or come back & reload to be able to defend themselves...I'm saying make it worthwhile to sink a CV fast but let's not keep it so easy as it is for a single DD (or any other ship) to delete them...but make it where a CV can advance w/their team & get their planes to reload quicker by being farther forward w/out getting immediately annihilated...keep their HP the same but reduce the damage taken in relationship to how hard/easy it is to shoot down other ships.

I don't run CVs so this is all conjecture from others complaints about CVs...weather they run them themselves or are just the CVs instant targets of annihilation.

& don't take this as a "it's not how it is IRL" rant...I'm just trying to come up w/an idea to balance the game meta so CVs aren't either OP or easily annihilated(or their planes easily annihilated).

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,905 battles
15 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

Hey W'Ghost, God bless CV players (and Dixie). You drivers make a game.

Sign in to follow this