Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
eldeejay

New Year gifts missing?

16 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
66 battles

Hello,

I checked my email this morning and found this in my inbox: http://link-na.wargaming.net/u/gm.php?prm=ayobMw4ALL_272760712_1040775_102382

Apparently I get an Ishizuchi premium battleship, premium time, and a large amount of Free XP and Credits. The condition is that I must log in to WOWS before January 3, 2018.

I played some WOT and WOWP, then logged in to WOWS, and did not find any of the promised items. Am I doing something wrong? What should I do?

Thanks,
- elledeejay

Beta Testers
3,585 posts
4,261 battles

I aint get crap.

Because the only way to get free crapin this game (without be a CC or Supertester) is to NEVER PLAY PVP AND NEVER SPEND ANY MONEY.

Edited by aether_tech

Members
9 posts
66 battles
5 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Thank you! I suppose I should have looked for something like that. It doesn't clear much up, but it does mean all I can do is wait.

I did some more research, and must ask, does this mean I get an Italian Tier 5 instead of the Japanese Tier 4? While I wouldn't object to the Italian BB, I'd prefer the Ishizuchi, because (a) I'm more of a Japan player and (b) the higher the free premium, the more unfair to regulars.

Thanks,
- elledeejay

Edited by eldeejay

[TBW]
Members
6,399 posts
12,011 battles
34 minutes ago, eldeejay said:

Thank you! I suppose I should have looked for something like that. It doesn't clear much up, but it does mean all I can do is wait.

I did some more research, and must ask, does this mean I get an Italian Tier 5 instead of the Japanese Tier 4? While I wouldn't object to the Italian BB, I'd prefer the Ishizuchi, because (a) I'm more of a Japan player and (b) the higher the free premium, the more unfair to regulars.

Thanks,
- elledeejay

the Italian BB is a great ship and I don't care if they give you a tier 8 if it gets you playing more and that is what this is about. So good luck sir.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
6 posts
318 battles

I received the same email, and had the same problem, but I did not see Pigeon of War's post, so thanks for linking that. I will just wait a day or two!

13 hours ago, eldeejay said:

I did some more research, and must ask, does this mean I get an Italian Tier 5 instead of the Japanese Tier 4?

May I ask why you think we will now get the Italian tier 5 BB instead of the Ishizuchi? 

Members
9 posts
66 battles
1 hour ago, Spiderkeegan said:

I received the same email, and had the same problem, but I did not see Pigeon of War's post, so thanks for linking that. I will just wait a day or two!

May I ask why you think we will now get the Italian tier 5 BB instead of the Ishizuchi? 

There were a lot of different emails sent out. Some people ended up with the T5 IT BB, some people got that and a T6 IT Cruiser. Various promises were made and some were kept. It’s a bit of a mess. 

Thanks,
- elledeejay

Edited by eldeejay

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
325 posts
4,656 battles

I'm not going to worry about it. I have PLENTY of ships and other stuff to play with, so even if this doesn't work out well, WG will fix it for next time, rather than weather another Murmanskgate. Hmm. I guess this would be called NewYearsGate? #givememuhship

I kill myself sometimes with hash tags.

Members
9 posts
66 battles

I logged in this morning and Ishizuchi was sitting there, ready to go. Thank you for your help!

Thanks again,
- elledeejay

Members
9,961 posts
3 hours ago, Spiderkeegan said:

Because of this?

GXzWpJN.png

They are giving out various packages based on total amount of play or something....

2 Premiums. 3-10 point commanders, 150k free xp, 12 mil credits and 10 days premium. 

Edited by awiggin

Members
9,961 posts
23 minutes ago, largeelvis said:

pk9a1ei.jpg

That was the email I received. So clicking on the link doesn't work at this point, just give it a couple days?

Give it time. For some reason they got some packages out early, then sent the emails....people are starting to receive them now.

[MVKS]
Members
21 posts
3,918 battles

So regular casual players, who actually spend money on the game, don't get anything?!? Strange marketing plan, makes me feel like maybe it's time to spend money elsewhere... Steam has been calling in other directions.

Beta Testers
1 post
89 battles
4 hours ago, Khrael said:

So regular casual players, who actually spend money on the game, don't get anything?!? Strange marketing plan, makes me feel like maybe it's time to spend money elsewhere... Steam has been calling in other directions.

They said that they sent it out early on accident so they were probably going to send it fairly close to the deadline of Jan 3. That would mean that players that weren't playing would have a short amount of time(instead of a whole week) before they could redeem the offer. I'm not going to  say that they will give regulars anything but they might have done it at the same time. Beside, if you wanted to bring people back wouldnt you give them a fairly decent offer or something trash like they give in WoT every year(which is kind of ironic)?

Sign in to follow this