You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

10 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
4,841 posts
13,808 battles

Inside C cap on Hotspot hiding from from a Hydro running Z-23 when a wild Atago appears. 

mNYzefI.gif

7bFpYZG.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Nice RSB! :Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLFB]
Members
1,725 posts
8,256 battles

You should hava waited a bit then devastating strike him with your first torp volley.

It was amusing though 

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,050 battles

This is obviously a response to the earlier thread where Benson was pronounced no good for Ranked. Nice one.

• Funny 1

[R-F]
Members
764 posts
6,390 battles

And that's why you don't cruise right up to a destroyer.  You can see him trying to slow as he realizes the horrible mistake he's about to make, but it's too late.

18 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

This is obviously a response to the earlier thread where Benson was pronounced no good for Ranked. Nice one.

Benson beats Lo Yang in a battleship killing contest, sure.  But when it's 3 dds on a side and 2 of them are Lo Yangs... Benson gets a hurt put on it.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,841 posts
13,808 battles
19 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I have only played enough rank to go from R13.1 to R12.1 but I can tell you the Benson is still strong. Hydro loliboats are a pain and you need to avoid them. However, I think the heal on the Kidd is going to make some captains over confident. I sank 3 of them with my Benson because they over extended. 

1 minute ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Benson beats Lo Yang in a battleship killing contest, sure.  But when it's 3 dds on a side and 2 of them are Lo Yangs... Benson gets a hurt put on it.

It is very tempting to get the LoYang out of the tech tree, pop in one of my Pan Asia Captains and go hunting all the Destroyers. 

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles

Wow a Z-23 that's a rarity. Got to rank 10 in 12 games today and can count the number of non USN DDs on one hand. Bensons, Lo Yangs galore, a few Kidds and Hsien Yangs mixed in. Saw like 1 Kagero, 1 Harakaze, 2 Akizukis and a Kiev.

[SF-3]
Members
1,531 posts
8,120 battles

Who pronounced Bensons dead for ranked? More guns than Lo Yang, more torps than Kidd. Its still a competitive ship. People just have to realize you can't yolo into caps. If you get too close to Lo Yang then you will lose because smoke / hydro. Radar CLs are too fragile, unless you know what you are doing so its only the hydro you should have issues with.

[INTEL]
Members
8,584 posts
25,696 battles

I've been playing Z23. Nothing like having torps up every minute or so. It's a good compromise between different strengths, hydro, guns, torps.