Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AtlanticRim

Crazy Shell Switching Strategy (Could it work?)

8 comments in this topic

[VVV]
Members
358 posts
2,271 battles

So I had this crazy shower thought: Take Expert Loader and keep switching shell types on the reload so that you perpetually halve your reload.

Example:

I'm in a Wyoming, and I want to fire at this cruiser a bit away. So I have AP loaded and all guns ready, and I queue up the HE to load after I fire. Fire AP, then get 15 second reload to HE. Queue AP to load and fire HE. Rinse and repeat.

It wouldn't exactly double your damage, but it would provide more damage overall. All you would have to do is remember to keep queuing the next shell type and make sure all guns fire at the same time or not at all.

But would it work? Or is it just a crazy thought?

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,927 battles
1 minute ago, AtlanticRim said:

So I had this crazy shower thought: Take Expert Loader and keep switching shell types on the reload so that you perpetually halve your reload.

Example:

I'm in a Wyoming, and I want to fire at this cruiser a bit away. So I have AP loaded and all guns ready, and I queue up the HE to load after I fire. Fire AP, then get 15 second reload to HE. Queue AP to load and fire HE. Rinse and repeat.

It wouldn't exactly double your damage, but it would provide more damage overall. All you would have to do is remember to keep queuing the next shell type and make sure all guns fire at the same time or not at all.

But would it work? Or is it just a crazy thought?

That skill does not work that way . How it works is if you are fully loaded ; let us say AP for the example ; then if BEFORE you fire you switch to HE by double tapping #1 ammo it will halve  (or better for some Legendary commanders)  the reload time .    i.e.  if you have a 30 second reload normally it would only take 15 seconds to switch ammo type .

:Smile_honoring:

[VVV]
Members
358 posts
2,271 battles
Just now, warpath_33 said:

Wait... but doesn't the skill only kick in if you don't fire the guns?

Only if all guns are loaded. Which in terms of the example means that I would have all guns loaded and ready to fire with AP then fire them all at the same time so they come off reload at the same time with the new ammo, ready to fire, rinse, and repeat.

2 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

That skill does not work that way . How it works is if you are fully loaded ; let us say AP for the example ; then if BEFORE you fire you switch to HE by double tapping #1 ammo it will halve  (or better for some Legendary commanders)  the reload time .    i.e.  if you have a 30 second reload normally it would only take 15 seconds to switch ammo type .

No, I'm saying that because you can queue up ammo to be loaded after you fire (Like I tap the 1 key once to bring the little yellow box around it but not actually switch ammo, so after you fire it would switch), wouldn't it also trigger the skill

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles

Commander respecs are free because holidays. Test it out in a training room.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
3,981 posts
9,927 battles
4 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

Only if all guns are loaded. Which in terms of the example means that I would have all guns loaded and ready to fire with AP then fire them all at the same time so they come off reload at the same time with the new ammo, ready to fire, rinse, and repeat.

No, I'm saying that because you can queue up ammo to be loaded after you fire (Like I tap the 1 key once to bring the little yellow box around it but not actually switch ammo, so after you fire it would switch), wouldn't it also trigger the skill

Nope . Like I said before it only works the one way and that is before you fire . Believe me I have had the Mighty Mo for a while now and have the Seagull commanding it with EL skill the whole time and definitely would have noticed if it worked that way .

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
358 posts
2,271 battles

Alright. Just tried it out in my Kaiser. @Chien_Lu_Anderman, you were right. I thought that the skill would activate when you queued up, which it didn't. I guess Wargaming already covered this.

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

I guess the plan was shot down. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
3,981 posts
9,927 battles
1 minute ago, AtlanticRim said:

Alright. Just tried it out in my Kaiser. @Chien_Lu_Anderman, you were right. I thought that the skill would activate when you queued up, which it didn't. I guess Wargaming already covered this.

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

I guess the plan was shot down. :cap_rambo:

You are welcome . Believe me all sorts of people would have noticed me firing HE then AP then HE over and over again every 4.5 seconds with my Mighty Mo if had worked that way and so would have been the cause of angry mob action in the forum and game to change it .  Lol just thinking about how that would have gone over is making me chortle .

:cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this