You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Kaga

People in ranked are abominable

112 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
3,373 posts
4,008 battles

I'm neither a unicum nor a potato, but my God do I hate even grinding out to rank 10 every few months for the flag. And the experience is wholesale ruined by other human beings. Tonight, for example, I was in my Kii, involved in a very close match, which we wound up losing. Near the end, one of my teammates starts crying over /all about how bad his teammates were, and how if we had all just listened to his plan, we would have won. Of course, he died 2 minutes into the game, managed barely 10k damage, and has a 49% WR overall. But, hey - he was the fount of all wisdom, and if we had just carried a little harder on his behalf, all would have been well.

Next game, an Edinburgh less then 10 km away from me decided to Tokyo drift broadside to my BB. I took him out with one two-citadel salvo and... well, seconds later I'm accused of aimbotting. Then, barring that, I'm "just ****ing lucky" - as if any competent battleship couldn't have hit that shot from close range.

I'm starting to think that there is no need for inter-team communication, particularly in ranked. For some reason, folks seem to be even more salty than usual in these matches, and why they require the platform to spew [edited] at each other is beyond me. Let's take away the hot mic and just allow teams to fight without grousing at each other.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
5,695 posts
18,273 battles

I have played four matches so far, all loses yet zero complaints this season. Everyone seems pretty chill this time out compared to the earlier ones. Maybe I was just lucky, who knows. 

Members
38 posts
3,481 battles

See people are normally toxic in randoms but now that there's an 'official' e-peen, I mean number, in game people are going to be even saltier...  However that's possible.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles

This thread appears every season. It's the effect that Ranked has on the average player's behavior, and not much can change it.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
9 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

I'm neither a unicum nor a potato, but my God do I hate even grinding out to rank 10 every few months for the flag. And the experience is wholesale ruined by other human beings. Tonight, for example, I was in my Kii, involved in a very close match, which we wound up losing. Near the end, one of my teammates starts crying over /all about how bad his teammates were, and how if we had all just listened to his plan, we would have won. Of course, he died 2 minutes into the game, managed barely 10k damage, and has a 49% WR overall. But, hey - he was the fount of all wisdom, and if we had just carried a little harder on his behalf, all would have been well.

Next game, an Edinburgh less then 10 km away from me decided to Tokyo drift broadside to my BB. I took him out with one two-citadel salvo and... well, seconds later I'm accused of aimbotting. Then, barring that, I'm "just ****ing lucky" - as if any competent battleship couldn't have hit that shot from close range.

I'm starting to think that there is no need for inter-team communication, particularly in ranked. For some reason, folks seem to be even more salty than usual in these matches, and why they require the platform to spew [edited] at each other is beyond me. Let's take away the hot mic and just allow teams to fight without grousing at each other.

Say... you DO know some folks are good at strategy, just bad in pulling it off, right? :fish_glass: I do wish they'd spend some of their budget so we could completely, totally remove the chat screen from the display with the touch of a Ctrl F key. 

I'm just wondering how a bunch of Tirpitz will work out in ranked... might be interesting. Will see soon enough. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
2 minutes ago, monkfish47 said:

Wait a couple of weeks to play in earnest.  Things will chill a bit by then

I tried that last season - bad advice. It was like the worst ranked I have ever played. 

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Members
1,793 posts
8,159 battles

I started playing when season 4 was going on and not much has changed.  WG cannot control the players and their feelings.  Some get salty, some stay chill.  Just gotta roll with it and ignore those that are excessively rude and salty.

That said, the win a star lose a star yoyoing can affect even the nicest people, turning them into raging idiots.  Not much you can do.

I wish you, and everyone playing ranked, the best of luck out there.

B

Members
829 posts
2,638 battles

I played 3 matches across today at various times. All 3 were one sided easy wins for the other team with the second match being "rigged" by a clan having sync dropped to place players on both teams. 2 on red team with one on my team. The one on my team suicide rushed his Tirpitz to their 4 BBs to die fast.

Members
4,841 posts
5,599 battles

I think it gets worse(quality of teammates) as the night goes on. I started playing fairly early in the afternoon, EST, and I'm sitting at a 75% WR right now in Akizuki with 12 ranked games this season so far. I was able to basically run up from R17 to R13 with one loss total on the way. Only when I hit R13 did I start to yo-yo a bit and called it a night after regaining the one star I had at R13. All the matches I played past R15 were much later than when I started(I took a small break after getting to R15 to get something to eat).

Basically, my play sessions ended up like this: Early 3-1, later 6-2 with the yo-yo-like losses being at the end of my play session rather than the beginning.

Edited by GhostSwordsman
I can't maths

[OSG]
Beta Testers
1,354 posts
14,793 battles
6 minutes ago, DeathLord1969 said:

I played 3 matches across today at various times. All 3 were one sided easy wins for the other team with the second match being "rigged" by a clan having sync dropped to place players on both teams. 2 on red team with one on my team. The one on my team suicide rushed his Tirpitz to their 4 BBs to die fast.

That seems to me like worth reporting for "cheating" or something like that.

[SALVO]
Members
17,155 posts
17,832 battles

I had one battle where there was this player on the enemy team that had he been on my team, I'd have gone ballistic.  The guy was in a New Orleans on the Neighbors map.  This team (N spawn) went B, but he went towards A on a slightly oblique course, right out in the open.  I was in a Kidd and spotted him rather early and kept him spotted,  and even my team of crapper BBs was able to take him down pretty quickly.  We lost anyways because our teams BBs got owned by the other team's BB's, despite my best efforts at spotting, smoking, occasional torping, and smoke shooting the heck out of them.  (Had 3 solid battles in a row in my Kidd that were no-star-lost losses.  Very frustrating.)

[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,170 posts
18,208 battles

I tried waiting last season that didn't go well.  This season I started today, but didn't go crazy , played 2 matches , won both called it for now.  I got a couple ships from Santa Boxes Leningrad and Perth and enough doubloons to buy Okhotnik and Giulio Cesare as they were quite cheaply priced on sale in the tech tree.  Perth is ok the other 3 fun.  

I know I get irritable playing ranked so I'm trying to progress slowly but steadily.  

[INTEL]
Members
812 posts
8,362 battles

Its been pretty decent for me so far. 5-2 in the Kidd. the losses were close, most of the wins were steamrolls. Even had a green Bismarck apologize for running into two of my torps... and he was SERIOUS. Dude even gave me a comp after the match.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,742 posts
8,337 battles

I was hopping T8 ranked would be more enjoyable than T7. Well it is enjoyable because we don't have such OP premium but team are just....

In all my game I was always top score so I didn't lose any star but when you see you're the only one who manage to earn 1k base xp + in a defeat, it's really frustrating and not encouraging. 

[P2W]
Members
720 posts

My blacklist is getting a workout early on , hopefully it gets better. They really need to rename this game to World of WaahShips.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,309 posts
17,365 battles
40 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

That said, the win a star lose a star yoyoing can affect even the nicest people, turning them into raging idiots.  Not much you can do.

I wish you, and everyone playing ranked, the best of luck out there.

Same Bat Time; same Bat Channel, every season. Ranked for me is grinding through to 15 for the flag, then out.  Mostly because my strategic sense and patience both suck; just don't have the disposition to do well in Ranked.

6 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I was hopping T8 ranked would be more enjoyable than T7. Well it is enjoyable because we don't have such OP premium but team are just....

Last T8 it was world of Tirpitz and Kutuzov... Mostly because we still had smoke firing and didn't have Eddy's yet.

Screw this high-tier garbage. I wan't a T5 season; a lot more ships people might decide to use, instead of it coming down to the same few ships every game.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
1,742 posts
8,337 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Last T8 it was world of Tirpitz and Kutuzov... Mostly because we still had smoke firing and didn't have Eddy's yet.

I don't see much Edin in ranked, so far i've seen many Chapayev and New Orleans. It still more BB and DD focused (with sometime 1 CV), cruiser are pretty rare 

[WOLF4]
Members
122 posts
5,852 battles

Have to admit, I've not seen salty in the season so far, which is a refreshing change (and not the norm, I am aware)... however, having been potatoed to death repeatedly today I think I'm going to go back to random battles and save the frustration.  Been steamrolled again and again and again.

[-SD-]
Members
37 posts
2,271 battles

Ranked battles are a joke, it has nothing to do with your abilities.  It's all luck of the draw as to whether or not you get dots or players.  I played 5 battles today and lost every single one of them because of dolts

[POP]
Beta Testers
291 posts
10,534 battles

My first 6 battles were back & forth, in a Varity of cruisers. Win-Loss. I went to the Charles Martel, and at the beginning of every match, starting calling the shots. Told every 1 what to do, explained how usually each team attacks to the left and so go that way, but if the enemy surprises us, total hard right rudder to the other cap and with me in a kitting cruiser I would harass the enemy. Damn if it didn't work and I jumped 4 spots to 15. Looking forward to 15-10 and a repeat of the strategy above. People wanna win, so spell it out 4 them. Everyone is harping BB's & DD's, but I think cruisers will win it for ya. Set the BB's on fire and shred then DD's that get 2 cocky. In a small force battle the speed of Charles is golden.

• Cool 1