Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
n00bot

Rock, Paper, Rock

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

287
[PLPT]
Members
642 posts
6,913 battles

My Maas just got one-shotted from full health by a Julio Caesare's AP (no det).  So unfun.

Rock, Scissors, Paper, WoWS style:
BB beats CA
CA beats DD
DD loses to both :(

  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,098 posts
3,075 battles

Before all of the BB apologists brigade this, BBs have always been the most powerful and easy to use ship class. Don't play DDs unless you're confident in your ability to use them, because other ships have the advantage to always being able to squish you if you're within ~13km. Gotta know when to lay low, and when you break stealth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,752
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Gonna need a little more details on what happened. What were you doing when he sunk you? Were you over 17km away constantly turning and changing course while engaging another ship? Did you yolo charge him within 6km and barely turn whiling facing directly at him? Were you broadside on to him and not turning at all, sailing in a straight line at a constant speed? Were you hidden in a smoke screen and undetected and he just got a lucky shot?

 

Seriously, tell us how it happened. Show us a replay if you have them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,384
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles

Oh boy, I get to watch the exact same crew of battleship mains come in and defend the right for Rock to crush Paper almost as hard as it crushes Scissors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,106
[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,755 battles
20 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

Before all of the BB apologists brigade this, BBs have always been the most powerful and easy to use ship class. Don't play DDs unless you're confident in your ability to use them, 

1

Unless you bought the Leningrad )))))))

Nothing can hit you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,672 battles

yeah its pretty [edited] I know easy mode BB not even have 2 change ammo lool cause being prepared beforehand to shoot a DD that you know is aroung but don't see with HE actually requires braincells and that is jut not wut most BB captains have between their ears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,672 battles
9 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Oh boy, I get to watch the exact same crew of battleship mains come in and defend the right for Rock to crush Paper almost as hard as it crushes Scissors.

yep they will be here soon telling us how hard it is to hit DD 13 km away its not when I play BB lool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,672 battles
2 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

Unless you bought the Leningrad )))))))

Nothing can hit you.

Sims is gud 4 that as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,799
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,507 battles
38 minutes ago, n00bot said:

My Maas just got one-shotted from full health by a Julio Caesare's AP (no det).  So unfun.

Rock, Scissors, Paper, WoWS style:
BB beats CA
CA beats DD
DD loses to both :(

My Lo Yang in ranked says otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,761
Members
18,363 posts
5,241 battles
52 minutes ago, n00bot said:

My Maas just got one-shotted from full health by a Julio Caesare's AP (no det).  So unfun.

Rock, Scissors, Paper, WoWS style:
BB beats CA
CA beats DD
DD loses to both :(

I bet the Gadja I smoked from almost full health with HE in my Shchors today wasn't happy either lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
473 posts
12,505 battles

I look at everything this game has done to nerf DDs (especially IJN)

1 Speed, range and detection on torps

2 Spotter planes everywhere (sometimes 2 per ship)

3. Radar

4 Improved hydro and hydro on gunboat DDs

5 Everyone gets free situational Awareness

6 RPF

etc...

And you wonder why DD's are a targeted species? The skill level to succeed in a DD (or a squishy cruiser) gets higher with every new gimmick introduced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
772
[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,266 posts
1,876 battles
1 hour ago, n00bot said:

My Maas just got one-shotted from full health by a Julio Caesare's AP (no det).  So unfun.

Rock, Scissors, Paper, WoWS style:
BB beats CA
CA beats DD
DD loses to both :(

I've one shot CA/CLs with DDs too.  I bet you have as well.  While rarer, CA/CLs can one shot BBs and BBs can one shot DDs.

Unless the game is set so that BBs literally cannot damage DDs, CA/CLs literally cannot damage BBs and DDs literally cannot damage CA/CLs it is not really rock, paper, scissors.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,384
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles
18 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

I've one shot CA/CLs with DDs too.  I bet you have as well.  While rarer, CA/CLs can one shot BBs and BBs can one shot DDs.

Unless the game is set so that BBs literally cannot damage DDs, CA/CLs literally cannot damage BBs and DDs literally cannot damage CA/CLs it is not really rock, paper, scissors.

Yes it is. You're splitting hairs. RPS in literally every game with this balance model is about advantages, not guarantees.

 

You have an advantage against something you counter. 

* But if they are better than you, or you are bad enough, or you make a mistake, you can still lose.

You are at a disadvantage against your counter.

* But if you are good enough, or they are bad enough, or they make a mistake, you can still win.

 

The issue is that Rock can make a mistake against Paper and still win. Despite Paper having the advantage, it is unable to adequately counter Rock.

The issue is that Paper can make no mistakes and still lose against Rock. Despite Paper supposedly having an advantage, it is unable to adequately counter Rock.

 

Which leads to Rock running roughshod over the entire game.

 

EDIT: And the usual trolls vote 'Bad' and 'Boring' because they can't come up with anything meaningful to say but still can't handle the simple true facts of how this game was designed.

Edited by AraAragami
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
772
[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,266 posts
1,876 battles
1 minute ago, AraAragami said:

Yes it is. You're splitting hairs. RPS in literally every game with this balance model is about advantages, not guarantees.

 

You have an advantage against something you counter. 

* But if they are better than you, or you are bad enough, or you make a mistake, you can still lose.

You are at a disadvantage against your counter.

* But if you are good enough, or they are bad enough, or they make a mistake, you can still win.

 

The issue is that Rock can make a mistake against Paper and still win. Despite Paper having the advantage, it is unable to adequately counter Rock.

The issue is that Paper can make no mistakes and still lose against Rock. Despite Paper supposedly having an advantage, it is unable to adequately counter Rock.

 

Which leads to Rock running roughshod over the entire game.

Yes, and DDs have the advantage against BBs.  The fact that the OP got unlucky against an over powered BB does not change that fact.  DDs have more effect on the outcome of a match than CA/CLs or BBs.

DDs are even better at killing other DDs than CA/CLs are until radar cruisers show up, something DD players are constantly asking to be removed.  I'd be very cautious about complaining that a counter class doesn't counter well enough if I were a DD player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,937
[-K-]
Supertester
3,099 posts
6,832 battles

There is no such thing as rock, paper scissors.  As soon as you realize this and accept this, your gaming experience will improve.  Continue to try and fit giant square pegs through tiny small holes and you will continue to be frustrated.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,384
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles
6 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Yes, and DDs have the advantage against BBs.  The fact that the OP got unlucky against an over powered BB does not change that fact.  DDs have more effect on the outcome of a match than CA/CLs or BBs.

DDs are even better at killing other DDs than CA/CLs are until radar cruisers show up, something DD players are constantly asking to be removed.  I'd be very cautious about complaining that a counter class doesn't counter well enough if I were a DD player.

Radar is a different matter of a powerful all-in mechanic where the only counterplay is to stay out of weapons range of anything that could feasibly have it. This is not the same situation as battleships freely farming kills and damage with no fear of the thing that's supposed to counter them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
772
[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,266 posts
1,876 battles
1 minute ago, AraAragami said:

Radar is a different matter of a powerful all-in mechanic where the only counterplay is to stay out of weapons range of anything that could feasibly have it. This is not the same situation as battleships freely farming kills and damage with no fear of the thing that's supposed to counter them.

Yup.  Same ol same ol as in every game.  You don't like it when your harder opponent is actually harder.  You seem to want BBs to be free kills for you, and for CA/CLs to struggle against you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,384
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles
2 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Yup.  Same ol same ol as in every game.  You don't like it when your harder opponent is actually harder.  You seem to want BBs to be free kills for you, and for CA/CLs to struggle against you.

Nice strawman. That's not at all what I said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
772
[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,266 posts
1,876 battles
1 minute ago, AraAragami said:

Nice strawman. That's not at all what I said.

You're at the forefront of any thread about BBs hurting DDs and you openly stated that radar is different for "reasons" when radar is the only thing that allows cruisers to pose a greater threat to a DD than another DD does.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,557
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,877 posts
5,259 battles
3 hours ago, n00bot said:

My Maas just got one-shotted from full health by a Julio Caesare's AP (no det).  So unfun.

Rock, Scissors, Paper, WoWS style:
BB beats CA
CA beats DD
DD loses to both :(

That's not a WoWS problem.   That's a GC problem.   Ceasare is going to wind up like Nikolai.   I love it!  Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,384
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles
5 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

You're at the forefront of any thread about BBs hurting DDs and you openly stated that radar is different for "reasons" when radar is the only thing that allows cruisers to pose a greater threat to a DD than another DD does.

It's still not what I said. It's still a strawman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×