You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Uberhub

Reporting AFK's in Ranked...

19 comments in this topic

[HMCS_]
Beta Testers
52 posts
5,284 battles

Hey Pigeon,

Does WG do anything about, or plan on doing anything about people who are reported AFK? Especially in ranked battles? Or is that reporting option there just to placate players and let them think they have actually done something about the issue?  Thanks for your time.

Members
3,490 posts
6,189 battles

Problem is - most of the time, I would say vast majority of the time,  a person says a player is AFK - the guns of the 'AFK player' are in the neutral position and not moving.  If they were truly AFK - their guns would move forward.  Most of the time the player is late in loading.

[SOFW]
Members
332 posts

Sometimes I don't have lead lines on the reticle when I zoom on target.  When that happens I logout of the game since it is very difficult to engage ships with out lead lines.  My ship is AFK sometimes I point it toward the border before I leave the battle.  WG needs to check this problem out and fix it.

Beta Testers
29 posts
7,996 battles
On 12/22/2017 at 3:35 PM, Uberhub said:

Hey Pigeon,

Does WG do anything about, or plan on doing anything about people who are reported AFK? Especially in ranked battles? Or is that reporting option there just to placate players and let them think they have actually done something about the issue?  Thanks for your time.

You have already answered your own question. Wargames put the auto-report system in place to deal with the masses of scrubs shouting "Wahhhhh, my game play does not meet my percepted expectations, I blame that person, crucify them." From a business stand point, it is not worth the cost of devoting more resources to be the issue.

RNGesus people, welcome to the modern age of the Internet of Internet Things. Some people get disconnections, others have bad internet or older machines, or have their Internet run through heavy trafficked data center. Give it a rest when it happens, deal with it, and put down the pitch forks.

[NNC]
Members
1,136 posts
13,610 battles

One time I was in que for 59 minutes and fell asleep while in que.

[HMCS_]
Beta Testers
52 posts
5,284 battles
On 4/29/2018 at 8:16 PM, Fusilier01 said:

You have already answered your own question. Wargames put the auto-report system in place to deal with the masses of scrubs shouting "Wahhhhh, my game play does not meet my percepted expectations, I blame that person, crucify them." From a business stand point, it is not worth the cost of devoting more resources to be the issue.

RNGesus people, welcome to the modern age of the Internet of Internet Things. Some people get disconnections, others have bad internet or older machines, or have their Internet run through heavy trafficked data center. Give it a rest when it happens, deal with it, and put down the pitch forks.

CyclonRed nailed it. I've no issue when people don't connect, it happens. It's when you see those guns forward and they haven't moved, that is frustrating.

[B_O_W]
Members
247 posts
5,513 battles

There have been times when my client crashes for no reason (Mac client), or what ever.  That is very frustrating.  Sometimes reboot the computer, launch the WoW app, authenticate, load the game, back into the game, and you are dead.  Sucks, but it happens.

On 4/29/2018 at 4:16 PM, Fusilier01 said:

This is a very different issue altogether.  Many players in WoW and more so in WoT get very upset how the games appear to punish them when it is not the machine (tank or ship), but our tactics, our decisions.  Sometimes, we need to sit back and look at our self, at our actions, and not blame someone else for our problems.  So for them, I recommend:

• Watch youtube videos of your ship/tank and listen to the logic for the decisions/actions taken.
  • Record your matches, and watch them, all of them to see what you did good and what you did not do good.
  • Do not advance in tiers fast, because a higher tier ship will not improve your game play.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

With the vast majority of games played by the average Player an occasional AFK happens and the team has to make up the loss of a ship.

The guys who get the saltiest are the few that make the Game a Job instead of enjoying the thrills of overcoming the odds.

AFK is a known factor in the game and there is no "reasonable "solution to this.

Get over it!  

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles
On 6/12/2018 at 6:03 PM, CLUCH_CARGO said:

With the vast majority of games played by the average Player an occasional AFK happens and the team has to make up the loss of a ship.

The guys who get the saltiest are the few that make the Game a Job instead of enjoying the thrills of overcoming the odds.

AFK is a known factor in the game and there is no "reasonable "solution to this.

Get over it!  

Yeah really tired of the AFK reports when I am just walking back into my room from grabbing a coke while the match begins. I don’t like to move until I see what the team is doing.

[INSNE]
[INSNE]
Beta Testers
7 posts
2,496 battles

I generally don't report people for AFK till the last possible minute, usually more he plays badly than afk.....I try to keep the karma load light as possible

Members
12 posts
269 battles

Same issue in WoT. Afk is different from playing really safe. To me afk is

not doing anything during the match.  

Moving to one spot and not doing anything. This was s new technique is wot to try and beat the reporting

disconnects and crashes happen. I am sure WG can tell. Plus I am also sure they do not look at a player until the name shows up a bunch. 

[VW]
Members
1,949 posts
12,499 battles
Just now, Impala7 said:

People need to stop crying over AFKs and just play the game. there is more to life than one AFK.

in randoms yes. not in ranked.

[AMISH]
Beta Testers
98 posts
6,006 battles

In Random, we need every player to pull together and having one player AFK really screws the rest of the team.  I played a game last night where a player appeared to be AFK but was only slow loading.  Took him 90 seconds to load which is a long time.  But it happens and it's not really his fault and so, people were saying he was AFK and they could have reported him.  He joined the team and did his part.  I think people here are complaining (and rightly so) about true AFK players and I do think the punishment for them should be so huge that they either stop playing Ranked or play like they're supposed to.

[RST]
Members
78 posts
10,463 battles

I had a slow load today in Ranked. I just sat there watching the icon spin knowing I'm late for battle... Finally got in 4.5 mins late and apologized profusely. I had a good group. Most I heard was "No worries it happens mate" 

as a footnote.... We won

[PT]
Members
8 posts
11,196 battles

Here's the problem it is not always AFKs I have complained to wargaming about taking 45 seconds to 5 minutes to load. I get kicked out at end of game and have lagging issues. The last several updates seem to have made it worse. I contacted WG and did what they suggested and it worked for about a week now it is worse.

[-SF-]
Members
130 posts
2,399 battles

You can tell if someone is truly afk as their turrents would move after the loading screen but I prefer to give a few minutes before reporting, seeing as I used to be plagued with long loading times before I built a new pc. What I do loathe is those who go afk mid match. 

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
808 battles

I won't play rank anymore .. when almost 10% of the time, someone is afk during rank, (and btw, it's not just during rank) it really makes the event lop sided. It really takes the fun out of the game. In any business, where there is something that causes a negative 10%, that problem is fixed. In fact, the problem is usually looked into when it reaches 3%. Now I understand, there will be certain players who will propose afk's are not an issue, frankly, most of these players are the ones that are catered to by WG. (if you want to know if you are catered to, play tier 8, see how many times you are -2 tiered. You should be -2 when playing a tier 8 ship, between, 85 & 90% of the time. If not, you are catered to) Regardless, WarGaming refuses to fix the afk problem and instead, pacify the players with new ships, discounts, new scenarios, etc etc. hoping that the player will forget. AFK players are a major issue and should be fixed. 

• Bad 1

[-K-]
Members
1,082 posts
7,349 battles
16 hours ago, Ricky_Racer said:

I won't play rank anymore .. when almost 10% of the time, someone is afk during rank, (and btw, it's not just during rank) it really makes the event lop sided. It really takes the fun out of the game. In any business, where there is something that causes a negative 10%, that problem is fixed. In fact, the problem is usually looked into when it reaches 3%. Now I understand, there will be certain players who will propose afk's are not an issue, frankly, most of these players are the ones that are catered to by WG. (if you want to know if you are catered to, play tier 8, see how many times you are -2 tiered. You should be -2 when playing a tier 8 ship, between, 85 & 90% of the time. If not, you are catered to) Regardless, WarGaming refuses to fix the afk problem and instead, pacify the players with new ships, discounts, new scenarios, etc etc. hoping that the player will forget. AFK players are a major issue and should be fixed. 

So what do you propose as the solution?  Chain someone to their PC chair and move their hands around on the mouse and keyboard?  Somehow magically repair their internet connection or boot their PC faster?  There are penalties for being AFK already in place.