You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FrenziedClam

Inertia Fuse For HE Shells (IFHE) Skill

11 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
872 battles

I am looking at adding the T8 Japanese Kii for upcoming RANKED play.  I have questions about possibly running the Inertia Fuse Skill on the Captain.

I love the AA firepower of the thing, but am concerned about the Akizuki guns being the secondary anti-ship armament.  I have the Aki, and it is nearly useless without IFHE.  

Would adding IFHE to the Kii Captain give it a reasonable secondary punch?  Capable of at least fending off some noob DD players with the sheer volume of fire?

And would it affect the 410mm HE shells negatively?   Would I get overpen with the HE shells?

7a1cd258-7ce2-11e7-91b7-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

[-BMV-]
Members
1,196 posts
5,640 battles

I wouldn't bother with IFHE on a BB, the secondaries are never going to do much to enemy ships in the first place and there are better places to spend those captain perks that will help the performance of that ship.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,186 posts
12,684 battles

Spending 4 points on trying to buff the secondaries of a ship with such mediocre secondaries is a very hefty investment of points that could be use elsewhere.

It would give the 100mm secondaries the same pen boost as on your Akizuki, namely from max 16mm pen to max 20mm pen. That's going to allow your HE to pen most high tier DDs

The 140s only fire AP, so it's useless for those.

Would it be worth lowering the fire chance, though? Personally I don't think it worth it, but hey, you do you.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

It would give the 140mm secondaries a pen boost from 23mm max to 29mm max. This would allow them to pen the bows and plating of low tier battleships and most cruisers in your MM spread.

The 140s only fire AP on Kii. 

[SUCIT]
Members
824 posts
3,592 battles
9 minutes ago, FrenziedClam said:

-snip

First off, I wouldn't waste 4 captain points buffing mediocre secondaries on a mediocre ship.  I believe about half of IJN secondaries fire AP as well, meaning IFHE wouldn't affect them at all.  Those 4 points would be far better served being used for Concealment Expert or Fire prevention.  

Second, please, please, please don't shoot HE out of 410mm guns.  Learn target selection and where to aim at a bow on battleship.  I can honestly count on one hand the number of times I've ever loaded HE into a BB tier 8+.  

[HINON]
Supertester
19,186 posts
12,684 battles
3 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

The 140s only fire AP on Kii. 

Oh, right. Sorry 'bout that. Good of you to correct me.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,492 battles

Waste of time. Even on something like the Bismarck or Tirpitz.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,012 posts
8,229 battles

IFHE has limited value on secondary builds since it only benefits vs. certain armor thickness, even for Bis/Tirp/Freddy/Kurfurst.

I'd just stick to AFT.

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,858 posts
6,855 battles
40 minutes ago, AquaSquirrel said:

I wouldn't bother with IFHE on a BB, the secondaries are never going to do much to enemy ships in the first place and there are better places to spend those captain perks that will help the performance of that ship.

only possible exceptions being the kurfurst and geni.

Edited by Shadeylark

Members
16,042 posts
14,423 battles

Kii is not a good candidate for IFHE use, especially for secondaries.  It is the last BB in Tier VIII that should be trying to get in secondaries range.  If a DD is stalking you, you had best turn away and make use of that fast speed.  Trying to play with roughly 7km-ish secondaries range against the DDs of this tier is playing with fire.  Or Flood Waters to be exact.

Unless you already got CE, it's a better tier 4 candidate than IFHE for Kii.  Past that, AFT and / or Manual AA to bring out the AA ferocity of Kii.

Members
2,368 posts
7,649 battles

Just dont, CE, fire prevention,  and manual AA are all better skills than IFHE.