Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

Ranked suggestion: allow Ranked matches to count toward Campaign tasks

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
416 posts

 

Missions for the Science of Victory, Honorable Service, and Yamamoto Isoroku Campaigns only allow players to complete tasks in Random battles. Honorable Service and Yamamoto Isoroku also require Tier 8 - Tier 10 ships. It would be awesome if WG updated the requirements for these Campaigns to include Ranked battles as well, since the new season of Ranked requires Tier 8 ships. The two new Campaigns, Battle of the North Cape and New Year Raid, allow tasks to be completed in Ranked battles.

This would do a solid to players about to embark on a 100+ game spree during Ranked season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,710
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

The difference is, those campaigns are limited time, and happening during Ranked. So with everyone playing ranked, they had to make them available for that mode, otherwise either the campaign, or ranked would have failed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
416 posts
8 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

The difference is, those campaigns are limited time, and happening during Ranked. So with everyone playing ranked, they had to make them available for that mode, otherwise either the campaign, or ranked would have failed.

It took me a couple of battles to get through Mission 1 of Battle of the North Cape the day it came out, and the next Mission isn't going to be available until tomorrow. Lots of players are going to be in the same position: of finishing Battle of the North Cape tasks quickly. It seems like really low hanging fruit to allow Ranked games to count toward Science of Victory, Honorable Service, and Yamamoto Isoroku Campaigns, especially when Battle of the North Cape Missions are being released on a staggered schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,364
[SYN]
Members
4,545 posts
11,437 battles
25 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

 

Missions for the Science of Victory, Honorable Service, and Yamamoto Isoroku Campaigns only allow players to complete tasks in Random battles. Honorable Service and Yamamoto Isoroku also require Tier 8 - Tier 10 ships. It would be awesome if WG updated the requirements for these Campaigns to include Ranked battles as well, since the new season of Ranked requires Tier 8 ships. The two new Campaigns, Battle of the North Cape and New Year Raid, allow tasks to be completed in Ranked battles.

This would do a solid to players about to embark on a 100+ game spree during Ranked season.

 

Those three campaigns are permanent.  They aren't going anywhere.  Rank  to your heart's content and when that's finished, continue the campaigns.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
416 posts
17 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

 

Those three campaigns are permanent.  They aren't going anywhere.  Rank  to your heart's content and when that's finished, continue the campaigns.

 

So, because these three Campaigns are permanent, WG should not allow thousands of players competing in Ranked to have any of their battles count toward the Mission tasks? Who cares that they are permanent? It's clear that WG understands that Ranked should count toward Campaigns since the two new ones allow Ranked, so they either didn't realize that older Campaigns didn't include Ranked, or did realize but decided not to make a change on purpose.

As I said earlier, this is low hanging fruit in terms of development work. They are taking a shellacking over poor Ranked rewards and players are already fretting about the awful grind ahead, and this seems like a really simple way to throw a bone to Ranked players and earn back some goodwill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,510
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,096 posts
12,650 battles

Those campaigns also require you to play in some very questionable ways to complete the objectives. I'd rather not have teammates yoloing into the cap to be the first one to spot an enemy destroyer in Ranked, thank you very much.

Edited by Edgecase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,364
[SYN]
Members
4,545 posts
11,437 battles
56 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

So, because these three Campaigns are permanent, WG should not allow thousands of players competing in Ranked to have any of their battles count toward the Mission tasks? Who cares that they are permanent? It's clear that WG understands that Ranked should count toward Campaigns since the two new ones allow Ranked, so they either didn't realize that older Campaigns didn't include Ranked, or did realize but decided not to make a change on purpose.

As I said earlier, this is low hanging fruit in terms of development work. They are taking a shellacking over poor Ranked rewards and players are already fretting about the awful grind ahead, and this seems like a really simple way to throw a bone to Ranked players and earn back some goodwill. 

 

Still doesn't stop you from playing them whenever you do have the time.  They'll still be there.  Other campaigns are temporary, so it obviously makes sense to include them in other modes.

There really is no need for drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
416 posts
9 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

 

Still doesn't stop you from playing them whenever you do have the time.  They'll still be there.  Other campaigns are temporary, so it obviously makes sense to include them in other modes.

There really is no need for drama.

I'm not trying to create drama. I provided a suggestion about improving things for players during Ranked, and did not find the temporary/permanent explanation a good enough reason to not update the permanent Campaign requirements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×