You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Peregrinas

Why does Lo Yang get German hydro but Z-23 doesn't?

54 comments in this topic

Members
638 posts

The Loyang has hydro - and exists at all - because WG wanted to release a premium ship for the Asian market. That's the simplest explanation. It is annoying to be a German DD player and realize that you kind of got hosed, but there's a lot in this game that doesn't make a ton of sense. Think of the Pan Asian DDs: they have DWT with low detection, while IJN DD players have pleaded for reduced torpedo detection for ages only to be ignored.

[H_]
Members
742 posts
11,513 battles
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:26 PM, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I've seen 1 Mogami, and it got wrecked. Atago hasn't done well in my rounds, either, nor have radar cruisers. Cruisers in my rounds haven't done well, period.

hmm.. wonder if that Mogami was me? LOL  Well honestly I did do something stupid so I deserved what I got, which was focus fire from 3 BB's.. oops..  Having said that I've tried all my tier 8 cruisers, Mog, Atago, Eddie, NO.. The only one I've had any real success in has been the Atago and really I can attribute that to being able to heal, actually had one game that was stellar 4 kills 86k damage..  Usually though cruiser in general, including me tend not to last till the end. Usually it's a couple DD's and BB's left.  I've lost some of the closest games in Ranked.

I've also taken out the Benson & Z-23  Neither of which I've had any game I'd call outstanding.  I may try the Z with the 150's and change the specs around some.. see what happens.  Loyang,  Kagero  and Bensons is what I'm seeing the most of.  Strangely enough last night in several games folks were saying "kill the z-23" first  "I won't cap if the z-23 is there"..  which I found strange. 

I do have the Tirpitz, but I don't feel I'm sufficiently up to speed with it to take it into Ranked yet.  Had 5 of them in one game last night.

So far it's been win 2 loose 3, win 4 loose 3 kind of progression.. i'll plink away see where I can get to, doubt it will be much past 15..  only went to 14 last ranked before I felt I hit a wall.

[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,424 battles

I'm now 9-1 in Z-23, so it looks like I'm just going to run her until I either potato myself into an early grave, or she files for divorce. She's also, oddly, the only DD I'm landing appreciable torpedo hits with. I have her reload at 81-ish seconds(Don't have the game open, don't know the exact), and using the 150's gives a much higher fire chance, plus a massive raw damage increase, I've cit'd a Chappy and an Eddie. Add to that her huge HP pool, and she's hard to find, hard to surprise, hard to fight, hard to sink, and hits hard with all her weapons systems.

She is, however, a DD where just because one is a good DD driver doesn't mean one can drive her well. She's a different type of DD animal, and that probably explains why the server average for Z-23 in Ranked this season is pretty much 0 win %.

Oddly, Ognevoi has been outperforming Kagero in my rounds this season, so I guess WG's plan to completely ruin any IJN DD used in competitive play has worked out perfectly.

[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,424 battles
37 minutes ago, S16_Hunter said:

hmm.. wonder if that Mogami was me? LOL  Well honestly I did do something stupid so I deserved what I got, which was focus fire from 3 BB's.. oops.. 

I don't know if it was you, but that's exactly what the Mog I'm talking about did...:Smile_hiding: