You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

I was Wrong. These Santa Crates are just as good as Last Year

22 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,474 posts
4,768 battles

A quick mea culpa.  I was wrong.  I think RNG and the ships you own might affect the ships you might get.  At any rate, these are the same crates as last year.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
9,800 posts
7,485 battles
3 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

A quick mea culpa.  I was wrong.  I think RNG and the ships you own might affect the ships you might get.  At any rate, these are the same crates as last year.

I think that they are better in that you get any ship you don't have before getting repeats. The flags and camo are great for me since I play mostly PvE and don't get many flags.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,191 posts
18,924 battles

I want to buy some more. But then I checked the list and found out I have all of the ships...-

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles

Ehh, I bought 5 megacrates, 3 camos boxes, 1 flag box, and a doubloons box.  No ships.  Still, was able to use the doubloons to finance a Giulio Cesare.

[SIM]
Members
2,542 posts
4,186 battles

They certainly weren’t as generous to me this year as they were last year. Not even close. Last year I seemed to open one ship in every three pack of boxes. This year I bought a five pack of each type, and didn’t get a single ship.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester
5,820 posts
5,519 battles

I think what people are missing is the value of the economic flags.  the special flags are extremely powerful and underrated by a lot of people IMO.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles
1 minute ago, Tedster_ said:

I think what people are missing is the value of the economic flags.  the special flags are extremely powerful and underrated by a lot of people IMO.

Yes they are.

[T8ERS]
Members
40 posts
8,717 battles

I wanted a Kidd and kamikaze, bought mega crates, got all ships on the list i didnt already own. Tier 5 ships came first, then the tier 6s. Finally got the tier 8s and my last ship received, when i had all others was the kamikaze. Exactly what happened last year except this year i didnt get any duplicates. I bought the 20 pack of mega crates and got about 4 ships per 20 pack.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,876 posts
1,338 battles
2 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Yes they are.

From what I observed, the small boxes dropped 50 packs of regular flags, and 5-packs of Fir camo.  I got no ships from those at all.  But the mid and biggest boxes dropped the high-end pennants and Fir camo in 15 or 30 packs depending on box size, and did not drop the regular flags at all.  Type 59 was in 15s in the big boxes.  Doubloon packs were in 300/1000/2000 by size.  Premium time was 90 or 180 in the medium and big boxes.  Unknown in the small.  I did see some 10K fxp in the small boxes, but I didn't see any in the bigger sizes.  Mid and big boxes were pretty equal on ship drops.  

I've got 400-600 each of the 5 pennant types.  That will help my grinding of things considerably.

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
262 posts
3,996 battles
43 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I've documented my luck this year: 

Edited by brym7

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,061 posts
9,395 battles

10 1.00 boxes, nothing much, but 4x10k freexp was nice.  10 med crates, okay as well until number 9/10 then I got Mutsu and Ohotnick, both ships I didn't have so for 30.00 I got some nice stuff all together.  Went out and had a 60k damage battle w Mutsu, and considered that pretty good, not sure how to play the Oho, very unusual ship...went out and had like an 80k damage game...I think this ship is lots of FUN!

[KNMSU]
Members
3,371 posts
4,003 battles

I bought another 20 pack of the $3 variety today - very happy. 90 days premium, 8000 more doubloons, Kii and Loyang. That's it for me, but it was totally, totally worth it.

• Cool 1

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,003 battles

WoWP had better santa gifts than tanks or ships. they even removed the ships i would have wanted from the loot table, shame.

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,138 battles
1 hour ago, Tedster_ said:

Value for some maybe. Not for me though.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,069 posts
9,515 battles

Bought 5 more of the $3 crates and scored a blys, Prinz and mutsu and 30 red dragon flags. Not bad for $13

Members
1,344 posts
1,343 battles
19 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

WoWP had better santa gifts than tanks or ships. they even removed the ships i would have wanted from the loot table, shame.

They did? Who did they remove? I'm pretty sure almost everyone can be collected in the boxes... well not sure about Kitakami...