Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rabbitt81

So, I just logged on, and there's a shiney new nothing in my port!

19 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
384 posts
8,664 battles

That's rite folks!

No new ship or premium time. No 12 million credits, nothing!

WOW!!! I'm so excited!

(sarcasm off)

Additional info: WOWS is giving away the tier 5 BB Giulio Cesare and lots of other free stuff(A ridiculous amount of stuff) to players who haven't played for a while.

I wouldn't have a problem if it was a tier 3 Vampire and maybe a week of premium.

But it's not.

It's a tier 5 BB that I and many of us paid full price out the nose for.

Plus: the lucky player that gets the free stuff has no strings attached. They don't have to grind anything!

While us regular players get absolutely nothing. The official response so far from WG on this Oprah-style give-away(You get a ship, you get a ship, everyone except regular players get a ship!) is that it benefits everyone, so let's look into that.

first off: Said lottery winning player hasn't played for a whatever amount of time. This is due to reasons such as they don't care for the game or are too busy. How does that benefit everybody if said player is still too busy or disinterested to play?

second: This move doesn't do anything for regular players other than to come across as, "stop playing and get rewarded for it."

Rewarding regular players would go further to improve word-of-mouth about the game than rewarding dead accounts and a few people too busy for gaming.

-and I don't mean give away this much stuff, it's a bit excessive.

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,867 posts
11,579 battles

That's what you get for being a regular player! Next year you will know to stop playing for a few months, maybe go play the competitors games until WG gives you something free.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,063 battles

I didn't know that there was a chance of that stuff showing up. They just didn't want to clutter up your port.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,157 battles

As a regular player, I remember how I got 4 super containers for WoWs 2nd anniversary, one for each of my (then), 4 Tier 10 ships. I don't think many of the non-regular players got any of that action...

• Cool 4

[DACO]
Members
174 posts
9,615 battles

I added up how much I have paid to WG this last year and it totaled over $2,300.  This was for premium time, doubloons, camo, flags and premium ships.  WG gave me (2)  free gift boxes which translated to 100 +50 XP flags.....a bit disappointed.  No matter how many lies I tell my wife, I will continue to play and dump money into this free game.  #addictedtoWoWS

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,872 posts
4,752 battles

I'm just bothered I dump so much into this game, grind for the big stuff, and they throw the bennies onto the plebs who took off.

It really stings tbh. 

Alpha Tester
1,965 posts
1 hour ago, Rabbitt81 said:

That's rite folks!

WOW!!! I'm so excited!

(sarcasm off)

485.jpg

30 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

As a regular player, I remember how I got 4 super containers for WoWs 2nd anniversary, one for each of my (then), 4 Tier 10 ships. I don't think many of the non-regular players got any of that action...

SCs does not guarantee something 'super' will come of it. I've earned about a dozen or so SCs this year, of which only three were 1k doubloons and two were premium ships. Most were special upgrades that are useless to me because I don't have a ship that can equip them. I guess if returning players received a SC instead and it contained a spotter plane module, no big deal then right?

[PT8TO]
Members
277 posts
11,725 battles
2 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

That's rite folks!

WOW!!! I'm so excited!

(sarcasm off)

Have you tried Alt+F4 ?

Spoiler

LiveLeak-dot-com-fc5_1511106725-9_1511106733.jpg.resized.jpg.572d23812ec2ad16e4ec0b380f6a4ea1.jpg

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,157 battles
14 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

485.jpg

SCs does not guarantee something 'super' will come of it. I've earned about a dozen or so SCs this year, of which only three were 1k doubloons and two were premium ships. Most were special upgrades that are useless to me because I don't have a ship that can equip them. I guess if returning players received a SC instead and it contained a spotter plane module, no big deal then right?

SCs that I did not have to do more than play a single battle to get, so yeah. :)

Alpha Tester
1,965 posts
13 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

SCs that I did not have to do more than play a single battle to get, so yeah. :)

You still had to grind for your T10 ships.

Members
9,984 posts
2 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

That's what you get for being a regular player! Next year you will know to stop playing for a few months, maybe go play the competitors games until WG gives you something free.

Except I never really left, just haven't played much...:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF3]
Members
6,478 posts
2,422 battles
2 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

That's what you get for being a regular player!

Nah.  That's what you get for having no employed friends.

[BNKR]
Members
1,307 posts
681 battles
2 hours ago, LancerUlysses said:

Yeah, I got jack squat for that.  Maybe I should grab my pitchfork and torch.

[SALVO]
Members
189 posts
12,060 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

You will receive nothing and you will enjoy it!

yeah Spalding!!!

[FAILD]
[FAILD]
Members
45 posts
3,509 battles
14 hours ago, Wolcott said:

485.jpg

I got maybe 4 SCs and didn’t get anything good just some flags I don’t use

Sign in to follow this