Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tigershark87

Question on Santa Crates (10 boxes = 3 ships) ~ [new player] - Is this normal?

17 comments in this topic

[TWE]
Members
101 posts
1,224 battles

Hi Guys, 

A good friend of mine gifted me 10 Santa Crates for Christmas (5 medium and 5 large). I started playing in late Sept 2017, and all my friends raved about Santa Crates last year, but this year it sounded like things have changed. I wasn't sure if the stuff I received was "normal" or less than what it was like last year. Here is what I got: 

Note: Trying to enter this in from memory   :-/ 

5 medium crates:

• Tier 7 Leningrad
  • 30x Frosty Fir Tree camo
  • 30x dragon flags

5 large crates:

• Tier 7 Sims
  • Tier 8 Alabama
  • 15x  type 59 camo
  • 15x dragon flags

I guess there is a higher chance to get camos and flags? Not that I'm complaining because I use camos + flags in every random battle I do. 

For those out there who have purchased crates this year, is it better to buy the $3 or $5 ones? 

Thanks,

- T

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,233 battles
4 minutes ago, Tigershark87 said:

Hi Guys, 

A good friend of mine gifted me 10 Santa Crates for Christmas (5 medium and 5 large). I started playing in late Sept 2017, and all my friends raved about Santa Crates last year, but this year it sounded like things have changed. I wasn't sure if the stuff I received was "normal" or less than what it was like last year. Here is what I got: 

5 medium crates:

• Tier 7 Leningrad
  • 30x dragon flags

5 large crates:

• Tier 7 Sims
  • Tier 8 Alabama
  • 15x  type 59 camo
  • 15x dragon flags

I guess there is a higher chance to get camos and flags? Not that I'm complaining because I use camos + flags in every random battle I do. 

For those out there who have purchased crates this year, is it better to buy the $3 or $5 ones? 

Thanks,

- T

yeh pretty much.... in 75 i got Okhotnik, Gremy, Lo Yang, Saipan, Enterprise, Arizona, Perth

Ships:

USN = Erie, Chester, Sampson, Smith, St. Louis, Wickes, South Carolina, Phoenix, Clemson, Wyoming, Langley, Omaha, Nicholas, New York, Bouge, Cleveland, Farragut, New Mexico, Arizona, Independance, Pensacola, Atlanta, Colorado, Mahan, Sims, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Benson, Kidd, Enterprise, Baltimore, Iowa, Missouri, Fletcher, Des Moines, Montana, Gearing

IJN = Hashidate, Chikuma, Umikaze, Mikasa, Tenryu, Katori, Wakatake, Kawachi, Kuma, Isokaze, Myogi, Ishizuchi, Hoso, Furutaka, Minekaze, Mutuski, Kongo, Zuiho, Aoba, Fubuki, Shinome, Fuso, Ryuijo, Myoko, Akatsuki, Nagato, Ashitaka, Hiryu, Kaga, Harekaze, Amagi, Shokaku, Taiho, Hakakryu.

Russian = Orlan, Novik, Storozhevoi, Bogatyr, Derski, Sveitlana, Izyaslav,  Kirov, Podvoisky, Gremaschy, Okhotnik, Budyonny, Gnevy, Schcors, Kutuzov.

Germany = Hermelin, Dresden, V-25, Kolberg, G-101, Nassau, Karlsruhe, V-170, Kaiser, Konigsberg, T-22, Konig, Nurnberg, HSF Graf Spee, Gaede, Maass, Z-23, Bismarck, Z-46

Royal Navy = Black Swan, Weymouth, Caledon, Bellerophon, Danae, Orion, Emerald, Iron Duke, Leander, Queen Elizabeth, Fiji, Belfast, King George V, Edinburgh, Monarch, Neptune, Lion, Minotaur, Conqueror.

France = Bougainville, Jurien, Fraint, Dugay Trouin.

Pan Asia = Chenyang, Loingyaing, Phra Ruang, Shenyang, Jianwei, Fushun, Gadjah Mada, Lo Yang.

Commonwealth = Vampire, Perth.

Poland = Blyskawica.

Italian = Giulio Cesare

http://na.warshipstoday.com/signature/1023488858/dark.png

[HINON]
Supertester
19,232 posts
12,759 battles

So you got $80 worth of premium ships in $35 worth of boxes and you're sounding like you're disappointed?

I think you got very good return on (someone else's) investment here. Better than average, I'd say - yes, compared to last year too.

People hype of last year's christmas event and it's easy to believe that "omg omg omg we got free tier 8 ships out the wazoo with every single crate!" but that's not what happened - far from. People remember the ships they opened, not that in the majority of boxes there wasn't one.

• Cool 1

Members
82 posts
1,305 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

People hype of last year's christmas event and it's easy to believe that "omg omg omg we got free tier 8 ships out the wazoo with every single crate!" but that's not what happened - far from. People remember the ships they opened, not that in the majority of boxes there wasn't one.

Too true!  My friends were talking about how great last year was...then I opened up a $20 5-pack of mega crates.  3 ships!  The Atlanta is so fun from that with a 10 pt commander (not so much for the other team :cap_like:)

[TWE]
Members
101 posts
1,224 battles
58 minutes ago, Lert said:

So you got $80 worth of premium ships in $35 worth of boxes and you're sounding like you're disappointed?

I think you got very good return on (someone else's) investment here. Better than average, I'd say - yes, compared to last year too.

Wait what? How did you get disappointed from my post? I'm not disappointed at ALL .. I'm very happy .. All I was asking was IF what I got was NORMAL . since this is my 1st time opening ANY santa crates (just started playing few months ago). 

Thanks for responding. 

[TWE]
Members
101 posts
1,224 battles
39 minutes ago, Fuyukaze said:

You don't question a good harvest, you make a smile and take it as it is! 

Right .. The reason I asked if it was normal or not is because I want to buy more santa crates this weekend.. and I was trying to figure out that IF what I got was normal, than I will know what to buy ($3 vs $5 for example). 

Thanks for responding 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,232 posts
12,759 battles
6 minutes ago, Tigershark87 said:

Wait what? How did you get disappointed from my post? I'm not disappointed at ALL .. I'm very happy .. All I was asking was IF what I got was NORMAL . since this is my 1st time opening ANY santa crates (just started playing few months ago). 

Thanks for responding. 

Misinterpretation of your post then.

Anyways, yeah, I'd be happy with that haul too. :) As for normal - I'd say your haul is a bit above even.

[SANK]
Members
127 posts
4,803 battles

I got 1 ship, 90 days premium, and 12K doubloons and bunches of flags and camo from 40 medium boxes. So roughly what I put in is what I got, maybe a little better.

To be honest, I don't really count the camo and flags against cost, as they are really a consumable. One use, I they are gone. The Premium, ships, and doubloons can give me something I get a day to day return on.

Edited by Billy2Hawks

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,864 posts
1,332 battles
1 hour ago, Tigershark87 said:

Hi Guys, 

5 medium crates:

• Tier 7 Leningrad
  • 30x dragon flags

5 large crates:

• Tier 7 Sims
  • Tier 8 Alabama
  • 15x  type 59 camo
  • 15x dragon flags

Thanks,

- T

3 ships, 10 crates, I'd call that a really good haul of ships.  I got 14 ships, but in quite a bit more boxes.

Keep in mind, I did have one set of 20 midsize boxes that gave me no ships, but tons of doubloons, and the small boxes gave me no ships at all.   So, it can be very random.   Don't be unhappy if you get 10 more, and get no ships.  3 ships is still pretty good for 20 boxes.  

I still made out like a bandit in value, even on the small boxes, where I got no ships.

Edited by mavfin87

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,139 posts
14,547 battles
1 hour ago, Tigershark87 said:

Hi Guys, 

5 medium crates:

• Tier 7 Leningrad
  • 30x dragon flags

5 large crates:

• Tier 7 Sims
  • Tier 8 Alabama
  • 15x  type 59 camo
  • 15x dragon flags

Thanks,

- T

It's a good pull for 10.  Tier VIII Premium Ship like Alabama isn't exactly cheap and that alone breaks even the cost of those crates.  It also helps that 'Bama is a really good Premium.

Members
54 posts
3,453 battles

Congrats!!!  What a haul?. I am praying for the Alabama.  So far I have been more than satisfied with the goodies I have received for the money spent.  Only $30.00 so far but will throw more cash in attempt to catch the tier 8 BB.  Good luck everyone and have a happy Xmas

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,797 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

I think he is getting at that he doesn't know if it's a good deal @Lert at least that's what I read from it. If you didn't read his other reply I could see where trolling him would be fun. However he said he wasn't sure if what he got was good and he is a very new player Sept of this year.

Sign in to follow this