You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Filthy_Pelican

Today it Begins

35 comments in this topic

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
438 posts
18,701 battles

The Pain, The Glory, I will be ignoring my family, I will not be Christmas Shopping, The Anger, The Frustration, Today I will begin Ranked play again!

Good Luck to you all and this year play as a damn team! No YOLOs!

• Funny 3

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
8 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

The Pain, The Glory, I will be ignoring my family, I will not be Christmas Shopping, The Anger, The Frustration, Today I will begin Ranked play again!

**writes down your name** wouldnt say no yolo's C: jkjk

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,104 battles

Good luck to you this season, Pelican.

With the continually diminishing rewards for Ranked play though, I doubt I will be giving it much of a go this year.  The time invested simply isn't worth what is gained in return for me.

If they had made it T9, I'd have some interest for it being something different.  But T8 Ranked is basically just a re-hash of past seasons with some new ships mixed in.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,288 posts
8,963 battles
9 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

With the continually diminishing rewards for Ranked play though, I doubt I will be giving it much of a go this year.  The time invested simply isn't worth what is gained in return for me.

If they had made it T9, I'd have some interest for it being something different.  But T8 Ranked is basically just a re-hash of past seasons with some new ships mixed in.

I kinda feel the same. T9 would have been a blast and T8 feels like a replay of Benson.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles

Was waiting for it to start also. Watched the clock tick down. Ended last season at 12 and started this one at 17. I thought you were supposed to gather all the rewards from 22 to your starting rank.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles

I shall get into the Holiday spirit by hating all human beings after 2-3 ranked matches.

• Funny 2

[-GPS-]
Members
2,536 posts
25,018 battles

To the DD who won’t cap

To the cruiser hiding behind a rock and typing angry commands to the rest of his team

To the BB sailing off alone to “snipe” while ignoring any and all objectives

And to the CV who keeps all of his fighters with his bombers while providing zero scouting and ignoring enemy DDs because they don’t boost damage count, then shrieking at his team of “losers” after they are all dead 

Merry Christmas!? 

• Funny 3

Members
636 posts
741 battles
37 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Let's hope it doesn't end up like your avatar.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,373 battles
12 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Was waiting for it to start also. Watched the clock tick down. Ended last season at 12 and started this one at 17. I thought you were supposed to gather all the rewards from 22 to your starting rank.

Play a ranked battle, afterwards all the rewards between the lowest rank and where you start will be credited.

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
43 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

33 minutes ago, legozer said:

I kinda feel the same. T9 would have been a blast and T8 feels like a replay of Benson.

Are you guys nuts?  T9 would have sucked BIG TIME!!!  Too many T9's stink and only the most hardcore, never sell a single ship player is going to keep more than 1-2 of them (not counting those who have the Missouri).  At least at tier 8, a lot of players probably have some premium ships in their ports to work with that they wouldn't have sold.  I have very few regular tier 8's left.  Some, but not many, and those I do have don't have particularly good captains because their original CO's got "promoted" into higher tier ships.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
438 posts
18,701 battles
28 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Are you guys nuts?  T9 would have sucked BIG TIME!!!  Too many T9's stink and only the most hardcore, never sell a single ship player is going to keep more than 1-2 of them (not counting those who have the Missouri).  At least at tier 8, a lot of players probably have some premium ships in their ports to work with that they wouldn't have sold.  I have very few regular tier 8's left.  Some, but not many, and those I do have don't have particularly good captains because their original CO's got "promoted" into higher tier ships.

I have 1 T9 Which happens to be the USS Missouri. Other than that I have several T10s and a whole lot of T8, T7, and T6. oh and 1 T5 my little Italian BB.  

[WGA]
Administrator
691 posts
251 battles

Good luck to everyone and remember to not neglect the holiday season unless you really want to.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
12 minutes ago, legozer said:

I have 4 T9s in port...

Not counting the Missouri, which I just picked up... I don't know exactly how many I have, but it's damned few.  Possibly even only 1, the Fletcher.  I still have the Iowa, but I'll likely be  selling it soon (if I haven't already) because I do have the Missouri and would like to free up the credits and the port slot.

In truth, there are very, very few tier 9's that I think are worth keeping.  Were it not for the Missouri, I'd have kept the Iowa, I suppose.  And the Fletcher will be hard to every part with.  But I think that's it.  There are some decent ships at tier 9, but also a number of paywall stinkers.  At least at tier 8, there are (a) a lot of useful premiums that you can move your well trained captains into, and (b) the cost to rebuy regular, non-premium tier 8 ships isn't as costly.  Heck, arguably, there are fewer stinkers at tier 8 than tier 9.  And in Ranked Battles where all ships are tier 8, there's obviously no risk of ending up as bottom tier in a tier 10 battle.

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
10 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Good luck to everyone and remember to not neglect the holiday season unless you really want to.

You funny!  :cap_cool:

[SF-3]
Beta Testers
227 posts
12,953 battles
49 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I have 1 t9 boat in port, the black. Wish it was t9 rank season then i could use my rank reward ship in rank. 

[RCB4]
Members
25 posts
2,506 battles

And for those of us who have never played in Ranked games, doing it for T8 is fine thank you very much.  I started in August, and Ranked Play was over with when I got to Rank 14 (the minimum rank to start playing Ranked).  

[PT8TO]
Members
277 posts
11,725 battles
2 hours ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Another satisfied customers:Smile_glasses:

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,156 posts
10,144 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Missouri, Fletcher, Lion, Roon and Baltimore would like a word with you. :)

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
6 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Missouri, Fletcher, Lion, Roon and Baltimore would like a word with you. :)

Can't speak for the Lion, but I played the Roon and Baltimore.  And while they were both good ships, I had exactly zero desire to keep them, knowing that it's a relatively rare thing for them to be top tier.  As for the Missouri and Fletcher, read on and you'll see that those are the only 2 tier 9's I have kept (well, of course I'm gonna keep the Missouri!).

Members
416 posts

If there is a bright side to Ranked being Tier 8 - and there aren't many considering the paltry rewards and unending pain of the grind - it's that you can simultaneously work on your Yamamoto Isoroku and Honorable Service campaigns. They require T8-T10 ships.

Edit: turns out that you can only get campaign stars from Random battles. So there's that.

Edited by guns_at_last_light

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles
2 hours ago, PelicanHazard said:

Play a ranked battle, afterwards all the rewards between the lowest rank and where you start will be credited.

Okay haven't had a chance to play yet. Been wrapping and cooking. Thanks.

[IN3PT]
Members
222 posts
11,516 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

Free captain respects and module removals... Wake up

Complain before even looking 

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,156 posts
10,144 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Can't speak for the Lion, but I played the Roon and Baltimore.  And while they were both good ships, I had exactly zero desire to keep them, knowing that it's a relatively rare thing for them to be top tier.  As for the Missouri and Fletcher, read on and you'll see that those are the only 2 tier 9's I have kept (well, of course I'm gonna keep the Missouri!).

Iowa doesn't suck either, BTW. Since we were discussing T9 ranked battles Roon and Balty are both fine in Tier 9.