You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gear_Jamer

comander skills

5 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

It means you need 2 free commander points to purchase that skill. The WOWS wiki is great for these sort of questions.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships

Edit here's the commander section of it

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles

Not sure how you have 1200 battles without knowing this, but here goes.

As you play battles with a commander, he gains XP. At certain XP levels, he gets a skill point. The first one is at 1500, and then 2500 XP more (I think) you get the next point. You can get up to 19 skill points on a commander (the last one takes 300,000 XP).

These skill points allow you to take captain skills. The first level cost one point, the next level costs 2 points, then 3 and 4 (the highest). To take a skill point, you have to have one from all the lower levels. Once you get to tier 4, then you can go back and get whichever ones you have the points for in any order.

The indicator you see tells you that you need 2 more skill points to get that skill.

The captain skills improve the performance of the ship. Better AA range, more consumables, faster cooldowns, better concealment, better HE penetration, etc.

Example. My Steven Seagal captain. For USN BBs, so first skill was Priority target (how many people want to kill you). Next two went to expert marksman (faster turret rotation). Next three went to superintendent (1 extra consumable). Next 4 were on Advanced firing training (+20% to AA and secondary range). Then another 3 for Basic firing training (+20% to AA and secondary ROF), and 4 more for Concealment expert (-12% to detection). Just got the 18th point which went to preventative maintenance (+30% module survivability), and I'm 100K XP away from the 19th point which will go for expert loader (-75% to reload when switching ammo type).

Hope this helps. the wiki, as Rip posted, is also a great place to learn.

• Cool 1

[PC]
[PC]
Members
89 posts
3,245 battles

thanks so much i do like the New Mexico now that i have learned how to set her up so now i can see what is best to use on ships that i get this game is not bad i just need to play more to get better just one thing else im trying to kinda stay with one or three different classes i like battle ships and cruiser and i am sure cause i iam not the best at this game yet my playing still is not to get sunk lol.  But i have problem staying in zoom mode way to long cause like to see where shells are going to land so i can adjust hope this make since 

[PC]
[PC]
Members
89 posts
3,245 battles

The reason is that I don't know this is I don't play it that much and did not read up on it when I started playing sorry mybad AJTP89 but thank you for your advice and help