You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rolkatsuki

Tier X French BB, France, sighted

29 comments in this topic

[SPTR]
Members
25,791 posts
11,083 battles

(s)he's a gorgous looking ship if you can get pass the Graff Spee inspired gun arrangment... /;^_\\

shot-17.12.23_00.01.10-0312.jpg?width=12

shot-17.12.23_00.00.25-0464.jpg?width=12

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,269 posts
9,104 battles

Seen one in battle last night too, but she was on the other side of the map.

Still trying to wrap my head around how they are going to balance this as a T10 when it only has 8 guns and a 30s reload.

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,410 battles
29 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Seen one in battle last night too, but she was on the other side of the map.

Still trying to wrap my head around how they are going to balance this as a T10 when it only has 8 guns and a 30s reload.

*Looks at 457mm Conqueror*

Obviously they're going to give it a stupid main armament "choice" that it never should have had that makes the ship a pain to play against, and then nerf it in a way that didn't fix the actual problem and made the ship less fun. 

[-K-]
Members
5,269 posts
9,104 battles
20 minutes ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

I can' wait personally, if it has great dispersion u won't need more guns

Maybe a slight reduction in reload as well to compensate lack of DPM?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles

I saw @Lert in France on Tears of the Player base map last night. I wasn't specifically gunning for him, but I did citadel hit him and get the kill with my Bismarck.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles
2 hours ago, 901234 said:

It can overmatch 30mm armor I think - so cruiser killer?

All Battleships are Cruiser Killers.

The gun angles look bad, i.e. that aft turret, to top off only having 8 guns.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles
On 12/22/2017 at 5:00 PM, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

My guess is that the dispersion will be better to compensate for the lack of guns. Like @Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said, lower # of guns usually means better dispersion to compensate.

Graf Spee, Tirpitz, Gneisenau, Bismarck, FDG beg to differ.  Even 8-gun Conqueror in 457mm configuration isn't accurate enough.  That is the reason why I don't play the 457s, inaccurate for too few guns, and RN BBs live and die based on their guns, Conqueror doesn't have great secondaries to make up for the inaccurate 8-gun 457mm configuration.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

Only 8 guns in two turrets for and aft, 30 second reload, and incapable of overmatching like Yamato? Very obviously underpowered in the same way 8 gun Conqueror is and that no one ever uses. Even with France's great muzzle velocity and penetration.

Only one of three things can save this ship:

- Either raise the calibre so that it can overmatch 32mm, which will never happen as WG have explicitly stated on numerous occasions that that's a gimmick only Yamato will ever have.

- Boost the rate of fire to every 25 seconds or better. 

- Put both turrets up front Richelieu style so she will have the strongest bow on firepower of any BB in the game. I'd play the hell out of that if they did.

Of course, knowing Wargaming, they'll probably just find a way to give her 12 lower calibre guns like most of the other BBs and make her very boring to play. Right now, the Tier 9 Alsace has significantly better broadside firepower, and Tier 8 Richelieu will probably be the most fun to play. So simply grind to one of those two, give it a premium camo, and stop there.

Edited by KaptainKaybe

[WTFB]
Beta Testers
2 posts
1,634 battles

ST, French Battleship France, tier X

Hit points - 92400, plating - 32 mm, belt - 350 - 400 mm. Main battery - 2x4 431 mm. Firing range - 26.1 km. HE damage - 6300, AP damage - 14500. Reload time 30 s., 180 degree turn time - 36 s., maximum dispersion - 322 m. HE initial velocity - 840 m/s. AP initial velocity - 840 m/s. Sigma count - 2.0. Maximum speed - 30 kt. Turning circle radius - 980 m., rudder shift time - 18.3 s. Surface detectability - 18.0 km, air detectability - 16.8 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke - 18.3 km. Anti-torpedo defense damage reduction - 36%.

Available consumables:
Slot 1 - Damage Control Party
Slot 2 - Repair Party
Slot 3 - Engine Boost

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers.

Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor and water

[STORM]
Alpha Tester
1,018 posts
2,678 battles

I think her secondaries could potentially be quite lethal. Three center-line turrets, can't tell if quad barrels or triple barrels. Plus ten barrels on each side. 

[BANT]
Beta Testers
120 posts
4,540 battles
On 12/29/2017 at 5:59 AM, 1An0maly1 said:

I think her secondaries could potentially be quite lethal. Three center-line turrets, can't tell if quad barrels or triple barrels. Plus ten barrels on each side. 

3x triple 6" for the centreline, and currently both sets of secondaries have a base range of 7km, so a secondary build is definitely on the cards - slightly less range than the Germans with 7.7km, but more damage and higher fire chance (at the time of posting anyway)

Also, per the devblog her main guns have been dropped to 25s reload, still subject to further revision.

[STORM]
Alpha Tester
1,018 posts
2,678 battles
13 hours ago, NTRabbit said:

3x triple 6" for the centreline, and currently both sets of secondaries have a base range of 7km, so a secondary build is definitely on the cards - slightly less range than the Germans with 7.7km, but more damage and higher fire chance (at the time of posting anyway)

Also, per the devblog her main guns have been dropped to 25s reload, still subject to further revision.

Could be interesting. I definitely think they need to give her some meatier accuracy. What caliber are the side secondaries?

[-TNT-]
Members
225 posts
4,838 battles

Move over GroBer Kurfurst Cause Vive La France bested you on secondary builds!!  Go to timer 3:46 for stats  

[BANT]
Beta Testers
120 posts
4,540 battles
12 hours ago, 1An0maly1 said:

Could be interesting. I definitely think they need to give her some meatier accuracy. What caliber are the side secondaries?

The centreline triples are unique 152mm guns (Alsace, Richelieu, and Gascogne have a different 152mm gun), and the side secondaries are exactly the same as the 127mm secondaries on HIV, except with the boosted range. They're actually at 8km in the current client, but all subject to change, ie the main battery reload hasn't been dropped to 24s on the live server yet.

Beta Testers
341 posts
2,096 battles

They should of made her a 3x3 431mm gun ship rather than 2x4 so she wouldn't lose half her fire power is a single turret was knocked out. And it would look prettier imo.

On a historical note France would of never developed of 4 gun turret for this gun, that development ended with the 381mm gun. Every gun designed after was designed to be put in 3 gun turrets in a AB-X arrangement. France simply had no intention of putting a gun larger than 381mm into a 4 gun setup.

Edited by Phaere

[BANT]
Beta Testers
120 posts
4,540 battles

Yeah but quad turrets are the French flavour and cool af, I would have written a sternly worded letter to Wargaming if they had inflicted upon us yet another t9/10 3x3 snorefest.

Alpha Tester
588 posts
4,261 battles
On 12/23/2017 at 7:45 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Graf Spee, Tirpitz, Gneisenau, Bismarck, FDG beg to differ.  Even 8-gun Conqueror in 457mm configuration isn't accurate enough.  That is the reason why I don't play the 457s, inaccurate for too few guns, and RN BBs live and die based on their guns, Conqueror doesn't have great secondaries to make up for the inaccurate 8-gun 457mm configuration.

Accuracy on the 457s is fine, honestly. The problem is that you don't have a high enough broadside or DPM compared to your peers.

German battleships are not balanced around highly accurate guns. Yamato and Nagato are good examples of ships balanced around accuracy to compensate for fewer guns.