You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MAJ_Radmo

Losing silver !

50 comments in this topic

[335TH]
[335TH]
Members
15 posts
5,329 battles

Have they change the game with earning silver coins ? Want to make a notice to world of warships, if I run out of silver coins I will not buy them and I will not play the game any longer !  This is happening to non-premium ships ! I can't believe that world of Warships would be this cheap to try to gouge us out of more money ! There comes a point in time when you have to draw a line in the sand ! I  had 2 people from my clan quit the game because of this ! This is not good business commonsense ! So you newcomers that are playing the game once you get to the higher tiers of ships they will start gouging you of your silver coins ! World of Warships again you need to change this and stop nickel and Diming us to death ..  ! Sincerely yours all ...

Edited by MAJ_Radmo
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

Beta Testers
1,168 posts
8,150 battles

I think it's pretty much the same as it has been!  I don't have any problem making silver!  I have a few ships that are dedicated money makers, such as the Missouri!  Also a premium account helps!

• Funny 1

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
11,041 battles

Earnings and after battle costs vary based on game mode and tier. If you aren’t using premium time and playing PVE, it’s very hard to earn silver at Tier VIII and above. Playing PVP will net more coins, but even then you need to be near the top of your team to make significant amounts for those higher tiers. Some premium ships at that level earn a ton of silver (like the Missouri).

The game economy itself hasn’t changed in quite a while. In fact the original economic model was worse.

[PVE]
Members
5,700 posts
18,273 battles

Using premium consumables uses lots of silver. I would not use them unless it is an important match (like ranked) until you build a nice nest egg. This goes for the "one use" camouflages as well.  

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 2

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,564 posts
3,539 battles

Your losing silver because you only have 300 battles and your at T9 and you're still bad at the game. T9 ships are hard to make money off of even for a good player with a non-premium account. Pretty much your still a noob player playing at a level where any mistake is instantly punished and you probably still haven't learned the basic mechanics of the game.

You really should consider coming back down to T4 and spend some time learning the basics and progress back up the tree at a slower rate so you can better accumate the higher and higher skill levels

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[335TH]
[335TH]
Members
15 posts
5,329 battles

Thank you for your comments .. I obtain the Montana and went to co-op battles to try it out and I lost 160,000 silver coins unbelievable ! This doesn't make the game fun the play anymore ! So now it's just gonna sit in the harbor and do nothing ! Or I will probably get rid of my high nonpremium ships and trade them in for silver ... The game had become very fun to play but as I got to the higher tier ships I become very disappointed !  I hope this changes, When you start price gouging your customers that shows how much the organization really cares about its players .. I understand that they have to make money and you're providing a service but you've got 11,000 people playing this game ! You can't possibly tell me that they're not making money here ! Sincerely yours all thank you ...

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,047 posts
8,082 battles

You need to play the lower tiers to pay for your play time in the higher tiers, that's just how it is.

Even in a good tier X game in PVE with 200K+ damage and premium time and flags etc etc, don't make much more than 100k credits at best, and it's all but guaranteed a loss of silver if you finish lower on the score board.

sucks, but that's how it is.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
5,700 posts
18,273 battles
2 minutes ago, MAJ_Radmo said:

Thank you for your comments .. I obtain the Montana and went to co-op battles to try it out and I lost 160,000 silver coins unbelievable ! This doesn't make the game fun the play anymore ! So now it's just gonna sit in the harbor and do nothing ! Or I will probably get rid of my high nonpremium ships and trade them in for silver ... The game had become very fun to play but as I got to the higher tier ships I become very disappointed !  I hope this changes, When you start price gouging your customers that shows how much the organization really cares about its players .. I understand that they have to make money and you're providing a service but you've got 11,000 people playing this game ! You can't possibly tell me that they're not making money here ! Sincerely yours all thank you ...

Yeah high tier play in co-op does not pay and isn't supposed to. The big problem at high tier is xp and credits is damage dependent. With only 9 targets to farm damage on you are boned. PvP play has 12 targets so the damage pool is higher thus your earning potential is better. The upper tiers are tough, good players can struggle to stay in the black, average or below average players will almost always lose silver.

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,047 posts
8,082 battles
6 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

Your losing silver because you only have 300 battles and your at T9 and you're still bad at the game. T9 ships are hard to make money off of even for a good player with a non-premium account. Pretty much your still a noob player playing at a level where any mistake is instantly punished and you probably still haven't learned the basic mechanics of the game.

You really should consider coming back down to T4 and spend some time learning the basics and progress back up the tree at a slower rate so you can better accumate the higher and higher skill levels

That's actually some solid advice right there.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,424 posts
9,614 battles
5 minutes ago, MAJ_Radmo said:

I have a Montana too.

You likely used money to free-XP there.

You need additional money to buy Premium Camo for it.  ($25 US) ..  Yes..  I paid it.

This ship is not profitable in PVE, even with great battles and premium accounts.

After that, they make decent credits.

[PSP]
Members
6,359 posts
8,982 battles
  1. Join a clan as being in a clan gives you certain benefits. One of these is a decrease to ships' service costs once the proper facilities are built.
  2. Run economic signals that decrease service costs.
  3. Play Ranked and reach level 10, there you will get a flag that decreases service costs for the duration of the season.
  4. Purchase premium camo and premium time.
  5. Alternate between high and low-tier play. I have to play two or three tier VI games to pay for an outing in my Fletcher.
  6. Be judicious in your use of expensive premium consumables.
  7. Don a permanent camo if there is one available. Otherwise, use camo that you've obtained so that you won't have to buy it.
  8. Get better -- the better you are the more credits you will earn.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

Members
211 posts
5,120 battles

Teir 9 and 10 are not designed to earn money unless you have a premium account or their permanent camo. Also, co op will only lose you money after teir 6 or 7, so play randoms. If you still have trouble making money, play lower teirs, they cost less to run and will earn you moderate amounts of silver over time. The best way to earn silver is premium ships, ESPECIALLY the Missouri. 

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

PVE was never intended to be a primary mode of play. The pay out of XP and Silver in PVE is paltry compared to what you would receive in a comparable PVP game

Progress slowly up through the tiers and learn the fine points of the game. Playing games in Tiers above your ability level is painful.

[SALVO]
Members
17,156 posts
17,832 battles

MAJ, you have a number of problems.

1.  You're playing high tier ships in coop.  That's a near guaranteed loser even for very good players.  When a player is (I'm sorry to say) as bad as you, you're going to lose a TON of credits.  Even if you have a premium account and are playing random battles in a tier 10 ship, you need to play fairly well to break even.  Also, they are NOT price gouging!  The economy is set up this way so that the mid tiers are populated with players.  It's the same in all WG's World of .... games.  

2. You need to stick to the mid tiers and build up a good bank account and quite honestly start transitioning over to random battles, where you can make more credits (and earn more XP).

3. You need to get better as a player.  You need to do more damage, get more kills, grab more caps, and win more battles.  A 46% win rate in randoms is far from good, but honestly I've seem worse, much worse.  But you've got to do better all around if you want to make more credits.  This game isn't all that hard, and it's not that hard to make credits, particularly in the mid tiers.  But it definitely more difficult to make credits in the high tiers.  This is the way the game's economics are set up.

[SALVO]
Members
17,156 posts
17,832 battles
1 minute ago, jager_geist said:

Stop playing the tutorial and play the game. You will have a better chance to make silver. :Smile_Default:

This is more than a little harsh.  Plenty of people enjoy playing PvE.  That said, IMO, it's pretty crazy to play any tech tree ship above tier 7 in coop unless you fully expect to lose a lot or credits.

[SALVO]
Members
17,156 posts
17,832 battles
29 minutes ago, MAJ_Radmo said:

Dude, I just looked at your stats, and noticed that you've hardly played any games at all in the ships in the USN BB line.  Only 1 battle in the North Carolina and you already have the Iowa?  The only way you could do this is to earn enough convertible XP to convert it to Free XP to skip over the NC to the Iowa.  Are you allowed to do it?  Sure, it's not against the rules.  But if you do this, as it appears you fully skipped the Colorado, you'll never learn the lessons that will make you a  better player.  The only players who really should skip ships as much as you have are veteran players who already have the mechanics down rock solid, which certainly can't describe you (no insult intended) given your small number of battles.

None of what I've seen here as a thing to do with WG not caring about the players or them being greedy or anything like that.  What I see here is a player that's skipping over all the tiers to get to high tier ships, hasn't learned how to play even the lesser ships yet, and frankly isn't good enough to break even, let alone make a profit.  You need to go back and stay in the mid tiers for a couple thousand battles to learn the game and its mechanics so that you can (a) build up your skills at the game and (b) build up a decent credit balance , so that when you progress into the higher tiers, you're better able to have a chance to do reasonably well and maybe break even.

• Cool 2

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

You said the game had become very fun to play but as you got to the higher tiers you became disappointed.  My advice is go back to the point where the game was fun for you and don't worry about running up the ship trees.  For many players (including me) this game has a challenging learning curve.  It's completely okay, even encouraged, to take your time and let your personal skills build up before moving to high tier.  You get your enjoyment back and your teammates will enjoy your presence on the team much more.  Better for you, better for them, more fun all around.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

T8 is the highest you want to be in Co-op without losing credits. T9 and T10 are very hard to break even with in co-op due to the smaller rewards, and if you run premium consumables at the same time, just forget making any credits. 

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,285 battles
1 hour ago, MAJ_Radmo said:

It... will never change

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,285 battles
8 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

T8 is the highest you want to be in Co-op without losing credits. T9 and T10 are very hard to break even with in co-op due to the smaller rewards, and if you run premium consumables at the same time, just forget making any credits. 

Oh play missouri in coop during the 300% credit gain mission and easyly get 1 mil credits a game from coop lul

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,877 posts
5,259 battles
2 hours ago, MAJ_Radmo said:

Have they change the game with earning silver coins ? Want to make a notice to world of warships, if I run out of silver coins I will not buy them and I will not play the game any longer !  This is happening to non-premium ships ! I can't believe that world of Warships would be this cheap to try to gouge us out of more money ! There comes a point in time when you have to draw a line in the sand ! I  had 2 people from my clan quit the game because of this ! This is not good business commonsense ! So you newcomers that are playing the game once you get to the higher tiers of ships they will start gouging you of your silver coins ! World of Warships again you need to change this and stop nickel and Diming us to death ..  ! Sincerely yours all ...

I haven't checked, but from the comments of others in the thread, looks like you bought your way up the tree.  Which is fine, if that's what you want to spend your money on.  But keep in mind you're now playing at a level far above your skill level.  This isn't a game where going up the tree is just about new and cooler ships.  There's a LOT to learn.

As mentioned, earning silver at high tiers is very difficult.  The first thing you need to do is get yourself a premium account.  It's not that expensive, especially if you buy it for long stretches at a time.

Make sure you are using all the external signals that increase your credit earnings and reduce your expense.

Above all, I'd recommend playing a bunch of games at lower tiers (4-7) and learn the skills you need for Tier 10.

As a side note. . . Tier 10 isn't the most fun tier anyway.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,507 battles
1 hour ago, MAJ_Radmo said:

Buy the Montana camo for doubloons which once you buy you have it forever. Cuts repairs by half, gives a bonus to credits received. Never lose credits again as long as you play well.

Bit expensive but worth it. I have the expensive camo on all 3 of my tier 10s. Absolutely worth it. I could play all my tier 10s and never run out of credits. Invest my friend.

[PVE]
Members
5,700 posts
18,273 battles
6 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Buy the Montana camo for doubloons which once you buy you have it forever. Cuts repairs by half, gives a bonus to credits received. Never lose credits again as long as you play well.

Bit expensive but worth it. I have the expensive camo on all 3 of my tier 10s. Absolutely worth it. I could play all my tier 10s and never run out of credits. Invest my friend.

He is playing in co-op, not sure that will help all that much. Too few ships to farm damage from, especially if you team is halfway decent at bot killing. He needs to get into PvP play or play low tier co-op to bank credits and then play his high tier ones knowing he may break even or lose a bit of money. 

• Cool 1