You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Viper101

Atlanta in the Store

42 comments in this topic

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,030 battles

I know this is asked every time X ship shows up, but every time the answer seems to be different. 

How long will the Atlanta be in the store? And the 'Bama and Lo Yang? 

I want to pick up the Atlanta for sure, but have to wait. Pay periods are my best friend and worst enemy. 

Anybody know? 

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,469 battles

I don't know.

But I do know that it is on sale with some discount and you should grab it. Last time it was on sale with some [edited] bundle you don't need/want with a higher price.

• Cool 1

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,364 battles

Atlanta was removed from the store this year.  they brought it out for Xmas, GRAB it because it will be gone for a long time I'm sure.

I Grabbed mine as soon as I seen it..  FINALLY  Shes mine !

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,359 posts
12,148 battles

I got mine last year with dubs from Santa crates. She was also 35% off in the tech tree. Great deal! Loads of fun.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
667 posts
12,354 battles

....Maybe if you have some T-X ship buy that 5000doublons camo:D its more worth then atlanta :D

You will earn more, you will enjoy better game :D

Edited by Gandariel

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,156 battles

Too bad it is not in the tech tree more than enough Doubloons left to get it. Debating Kii

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,503 battles

There are better prems at tier VIII than Kii @LancerUlysses. For me, those guns are just too inconsistent to be viable. If you have the doubloons and really want to spend them there are better ships to spend it on. GL HF

Seems like you have most prems though lol

Edited by smf117

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,156 battles

Yeah, got lots of premiums

Atlanta is the only US I don't have outside of Arky B, Flint and Black

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,156 battles
10 hours ago, smf117 said:

There are better prems at tier VIII than Kii @LancerUlysses. For me, those guns are just too inconsistent to be viable. If you have the doubloons and really want to spend them there are better ships to spend it on. GL HF

Seems like you have most prems though lol

And of course I pull Kii from a box!

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,156 battles
Just now, smf117 said:

lol Well, solves that ehh @LancerUlysses

Next box I open, Atlanta, lol. I have to scrape up enough to get the Imperator Nikolai and Kamikaze. Pretty solid boxes. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,850 posts
1,332 battles
1 hour ago, TigerAce65 said:

Don’t get the Atlanta, it’s a shell of its former self

You don't get Atlanta for min/max reasons.  You get it because the guns are hilarious, and their effect on opposing captions is even more hilarious.  Short answer is Atlanta is more fun than a barrel of monkeys, even if it is no more sturdy than an aluminum beer can....

Of course, if you're the type of player where min/max and stats are much more important than sheer fun, or fun is not allowed in your playstyle, move along.  Buy something else than the garbage that you think Atlanta is. Have a nice day gloating over your stats!

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 2

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles
On 22 December 2017 at 3:16 PM, Viper101 said:

I know this is asked every time X ship shows up, but every time the answer seems to be different. 

How long will the Atlanta be in the store? And the 'Bama and Lo Yang? 

I want to pick up the Atlanta for sure, but have to wait. Pay periods are my best friend and worst enemy. 

Anybody know? 

I am grinding for the free version of the Atlanta, the Flint. 

Ranked out two seasons in a row, and just need to rank out one more time...

[FAILD]
[FAILD]
Members
45 posts
3,509 battles
3 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

You don't get Atlanta for min/max reasons.  You get it because the guns are hilarious, and their effect on opposing captions is even more hilarious.  Short answer is Atlanta is more fun than a barrel of monkeys, even if it is no more sturdy than an aluminum beer can....

Of course, if you're the type of player where min/max and stats are much more important than sheer fun, or fun is not allowed in your playstyle, move along.  Buy something else than the garbage that you think Atlanta is. Have a nice day gloating over your stats!

I have the Atlanta the guns have horrible range, they have such a high arc that it’s only hilarious when you hit bbs because everything else can move out of the way, base fire chance is 5%. It used to be my favorite ship then WG tweaked and now it’s a shell of its former self. 

Edited by TigerAce65

[4HIM]
Members
1,805 posts
4,086 battles

I agree with Tiger that it's really not a great ship performance wise.  But the ROF on that thing makes it a pure giggle-fest when you play it.  In game performance - 5.  Giggle factor - 9.5.

I love the video Yuro did on it. 

[FAILD]
[FAILD]
Members
45 posts
3,509 battles
1 minute ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

I agree with Tiger that it's really not a great ship performance wise.  But the ROF on that thing makes it a pure giggle-fest when you play it.  In game performance - 5.  Giggle factor - 9.5.

I love the video Yuro did on it. 

It is fun when you can hide and still do massive amounts of his, it just doesn’t see that many CVs and it’s so underpowered. if they would up the fire chance or give it better range that would be great but I don’t see the point of getting it when you can get the flint.

[4HIM]
Members
1,805 posts
4,086 battles
5 minutes ago, TigerAce65 said:

It is fun when you can hide and still do massive amounts of his, it just doesn’t see that many CVs and it’s so underpowered. if they would up the fire chance or give it better range that would be great but I don’t see the point of getting it when you can get the flint.

But I can't get the Flint.  Or at least I don't know how.

But the Atlanta is fun.  Spot an enemy cruiser, line up on them, and hold down the mouse button and pew pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew.

One of those challenges was to get 3 citadels.  Load up AP in the Atlanta and pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew and you're done.

[4HIM]
Members
1,805 posts
4,086 battles
3 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Be sure to buy the special Atlanta camo that puts a huge bright red target on each side.

It is kind of squishy, yes.  I pretty much vaporized one while I was playing my Molotov Cocktail (speaking of squishy ships) last night.  It's okay at hunting DD's as you can put out so many rounds that all but the grand masters of WASD cannot dodge them.  I have snuck up on enemy cruisers who were looking the other way.  You can take out some cruisers before they can rotate their guns.  But if they're waiting on you, you're pretty much dead. 

[FAILD]
[FAILD]
Members
45 posts
3,509 battles
6 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

But I can't get the Flint.  Or at least I don't know how.

But the Atlanta is fun.  Spot an enemy cruiser, line up on them, and hold down the mouse button and pew pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew.

One of those challenges was to get 3 citadels.  Load up AP in the Atlanta and pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew and you're done.

25 bucks to go pew and.... I’m just saying for the price they are asking it’s not worth it monetarily. To get any good games you have to play it as a DD

[4HIM]
Members
1,805 posts
4,086 battles
1 minute ago, TigerAce65 said:

25 bucks to go pew and.... I’m just saying for the price they are asking it’s not worth it monetarily. To get any good games you have to play it as a DD

Don't think I paid that much for it, but quite frankly I don't recall exactly when I did pick it up.  But yeah, for $25 it's not a good deal.  For that price, there are far better performing botes that will bring you more XP and credits.  Other ships are probably better captain trainers as well.  But sometimes I just don't want to care about those.  In those cases I have a few gigglebotes I play.  The Smith is one.  It was cheap and at T2 (with a 10s torp reload) it's a hoot.  But yeah, if training a captain or grinding XP are what you want, the Atlanta is not a good ship for it.  I slapped in a 3 point recruit.  I think that one is up to 6 points now.  But that took a while.  And I don't exactly play it a lot.  It is situational.  But it is one of my gigglebotes.