You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zuga_01

On the way to unlock Duke of York, unlock some task with ... Duke of York?

34 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
19,252 posts
12,815 battles
5 minutes ago, zuga_01 said:

Real intelligent design.

Yes, it is. Optional tasks that allow you to go through the campaign faster if you've bought the ship beforehand. It saves time.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

Members
9,992 posts
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Yes, it is. Optional tasks that allow you to go through the campaign faster if you've bought the ship beforehand. It saves time.

^This.

Same design they've used in the last couple of these ship missions....

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,470 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

It is one of the most cheesiest business model I have seen.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[TFLT]
Members
102 posts
2,720 battles

They've done this multiple times in previous campaigns. It's not nothing new. If you purchase it early it makes the campaign easier. And at the end you'll probably get the credit value (maybe Doubloons? But not likely) of the DoY since you already own it.

[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles
8 minutes ago, zuga_01 said:

What's so cheesy about it?  it's rewarding people who were willing to pay for the premium ship instead of trying to grind ikt for free.

I swear, some people are so damned entitled that they'd complain it you hung them with a golden rope!!!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[A_O_A]
Beta Testers
106 posts
5,105 battles

The only thing I don’t understand and they have done this different in the past. Usually the ship you bought helped accelerate your way through the campaign but with a different final prize. Like when they did it with the Hood to ultimately win the Bismarck. This one..buy the Duke to ultimately earn the Duke? I was expecting the Sharnhorst to have helped this one.

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,470 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

What's so cheesy about it?  it's rewarding people who were willing to pay for the premium ship instead of trying to grind ikt for free.

I swear, some people are so damned entitled that they'd complain it you hung them with a golden rope!!!

Here is a mission to get a premium ship for free. But hey if you got money, you can go through the mission faster by buying the premium ship and get some silver equivalent in the end while you are at it!! This business model should be on management and commerce syllabus I hope.

• Bad 1

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
917 posts
6,144 battles
14 minutes ago, zuga_01 said:

It's actually a really good business model. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it doesn't work. Probably quite a few people paid money and bought the ship just because of those missions. Finish the missions, get the ship, then do those. That's what I did with Hood. It was fun, and free. 

[-TAB-]
Members
1,611 posts
5,187 battles
22 minutes ago, Lert said:

never mind, I used my glasses and calculator. evidently last nite I could not add 2, 2, 1, and 1....  lol

Edited by not_acceptable
uh, i don not recall
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,688 posts
3,833 battles
5 minutes ago, not_acceptable said:

I was really tired, and had a few navy grogs before playing last nite. I looked at the mission, and could not for the life of me figure out how to get enuff stars to open the final task for that mission without the duke of York to complete the 3 or 4 start task. I should probably go back and take another look at some point when I can open and focus both eyes..... 

You can repeat the same missions for the stars, you just won't get the rewards again.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,209 posts
14,630 battles

Last year at this time, it was the campaign for Graf Spee.  It was the same process, if you bought her right away then you zipped to early campaign completion while some guys got the ship for free normally, but had to rush to complete the other campaign because of the designed time gating giving players less time to complete.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,470 battles
32 minutes ago, TheBlackWind said:

It's actually a really good business model. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it doesn't work. Probably quite a few people paid money and bought the ship just because of those missions. Finish the missions, get the ship, then do those. That's what I did with Hood. It was fun, and free. 

Sure it is a good business model, i don't disagree. There are idiots with money too.

• Angry 1

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
315 posts
9,954 battles

You need the Duke of York at the end of the North Cape campaign to do the New Years campaign that follows. You can alsototally complete North Cape by going back to do the 1 mission in each task that required the Duke of York.

[PVE]
Members
384 posts
8,690 battles

Those of you who think spending money for a ship=getting things for free...That's not how budgeting works.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
384 posts
8,690 battles

Apparently the only way of getting things for free on this game is to not log in for a few months. Then you get free ships.

Play regularly and you get to buy a ship to complete missions.

Working as intended comrade!

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,876 posts
5,259 battles
10 hours ago, zuga_01 said:

Sure it is a good business model, i don't disagree. There are idiots with money too.

So if you're not paying money for Duke of York, and are getting it for free, none of those missions apply to you.  Nor are they hampering you in any way.  What do you care?

Next you'll be upset that people who pay for premium ships get to swap captains for free.   

That's the way the game, and the world works.  There are services available for people with money to pay for them.  Don't have the money (or don't want to spend it) you don't get the services.  But you're free to decide what's worth it to you, and what's not.  That's called freedom.  Sorry not sorry if freedom offends your oppressive, communist ideology where everybody gets exactly the same thing whether they want it or not.

• Cool 2

[-TAB-]
Members
1,611 posts
5,187 battles
2 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Apparently the only way of getting things for free on this game is to not log in for a few months. Then you get free ships.

Play regularly and you get to buy a ship to complete missions.

Working as intended comrade!

your post is mean spirited. while I appreciate you keeping it short (which helped a lot), it's just the wrong thing to say at the wrong time of the year.

WG's Christmas effort this year is a clear indication that they heard us last year, and are making efforts to win our love and trust by giving us good stuff when we spend our hard earned money. which we don't have to do, by the way.

stop picking on WG right now, and don't start again. thank you. merry Christmas.

• Cool 5

[PVE]
Members
384 posts
8,690 battles
11 minutes ago, not_acceptable said:

WG's Christmas effort this year is a clear indication that they heard us last year, and are making efforts to win our love and trust by giving us good stuff when we spend our hard earned money.

Please explain what you mean by this sentence?

Again, previous Christmas events did not involve having to purchase a very sub-tier clone of a premium(which I will never buy) in order to get the free tier 6 ships.

I missed all the outpouring of, " All this free stuff is great, but make us have to buy a ship next time!"

Edited by Rabbitt81

[-TAB-]
Members
1,611 posts
5,187 battles
9 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Please explain what you mean by this sentence?

Again, previous Christmas events did not involve having to purchase a very sub-tier clone of a premium(which I will never buy) in order to get the free tier 6 ships.

I missed all the outpouring of, " All this free stuff is great, but make us have to buy a ship next time!"

ok, no problem, I realize it was a complex sentence.

WG's Christmas effort this year (relative to last year, which was bundles and some crates that were somewhat 'meh, and a few tasks I personally did not find fun nor rewarding)

is a clear indication that they heard us last year, (after last year's xmas stuff, there were a couple thousand posts and threads in the forum, most were not terribly positive in nature)

and are making efforts to win our love and trust by giving us good stuff when we spend our heard earned money. (the santa crates this year are well worth the money spent. in premium ships and camo alone, it's 75% off what it would cost in $$ to buy them if they were even still available)

and you don't have to buy a ship this year to complete the task. I edited the earlier comment, which was in error because I was tired and medicated. (rum)

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
384 posts
8,690 battles
57 minutes ago, not_acceptable said:

ok, no problem, I realize it was a complex sentence.

WG's Christmas effort this year (relative to last year, which was bundles and some crates that were somewhat 'meh, and a few tasks I personally did not find fun nor rewarding)

is a clear indication that they heard us last year, (after last year's xmas stuff, there were a couple thousand posts and threads in the forum, most were not terribly positive in nature)

and are making efforts to win our love and trust by giving us good stuff when we spend our heard earned money. (the santa crates this year are well worth the money spent. in premium ships and camo alone, it's 75% off what it would cost in $$ to buy them if they were even still available)

and you don't have to buy a ship this year to complete the task. I edited the earlier comment, which was in error because I was tired and medicated. (rum)

Last year the events were staggered. Their was plenty of time to earn the ship needed for the reward missions. Now the missions are at the same time. This would not be a problem but the missions to earn the ship needed this year are staggered out. So you can earn the ship but have to wait to get it to complete the other campaign where you get the goodies. 

That's the issue here. 

Not the type of rewards being handed out. 

[TAFY3]
[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
433 posts
6,177 battles
19 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Last year the events were staggered. Their was plenty of time to earn the ship needed for the reward missions. Now the missions are at the same time. This would not be a problem but the missions to earn the ship needed this year are staggered out. So you can earn the ship but have to wait to get it to complete the other campaign where you get the goodies. 

That's the issue here. 

Not the type of rewards being handed out. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/no-capes/

DoY mission V unlocks on Jan 8th.  The campaign that requires the DoY is available until Jan 17th.  I don't see the problem.  This format was used for the Graf Spee, and it was possible to earn the ship, and complete the second campaign within the allotted time.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,192 posts
18,937 battles

There are still 8 days left if you unlock the DoY asap. Bit of time intensiv but doable. The big difference to last year is: the Graf Spee was released first in bundles and only as a single ship the day you could earn her. They sell the DoY solo this year. The only reason to do this: you want the second campaign asap done to get the Scharnhorst camo and finish the collection faster.

[LAME]
Members
7 posts
11,734 battles

SO HOW DO YOU EVEN GET PAST THE LAST PART OF THE FIRST MISSION WITHOUT DUKE OF YORK?  I have asked this before and I am NOT paying for a ship (marginal from what I have read) to complete the campaign.

[WOLFB]
Members
624 posts
22,469 battles
7 minutes ago, fudrick2000 said:

SO HOW DO YOU EVEN GET PAST THE LAST PART OF THE FIRST MISSION WITHOUT DUKE OF YORK?  I have asked this before and I am NOT paying for a ship (marginal from what I have read) to complete the campaign.

repeat any task. No reward other than star! But any task can be repeated for the stars.