You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IBM

asked team to report a guy

35 comments in this topic

Members
85 posts
7,872 battles

i asked the team to report a guy for spamming the H button for 3 minutes and next match i get permanent chat ban. well done wargameing.

and the match i got the bann in i replied to one guy who said IBM dont run away as i sat infront of our cap defending and all i said to him was I am sitting here running away .

• Funny 2

[MIA-A]
Members
2,099 posts
6,737 battles

Seems like the system is working as intended.

I frequently report people who try to coerce me to report someone else. Because trolling is not something I think is good for the game nor chat.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Members
6,917 posts
7,508 battles

If you got a permchatban, then I'd have to say the system is working as intended, because that means you've been chat banned a LOT, which means your teams don't like what you're saying in the chat.

You don't get a permaban unless you earn it.

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,648 battles

I've gotten several 24-hour chat bans. And some of them were undeserved (like when I had a division on my team that was spamming racist crap and I got a 24-hour ban when I told them to cut it out), but some of them are justified. I get salty when I'm spamming losses and people lemming to the map walls or run away from caps or stuff like that. I think the 'player reports lead to 24-hour chat ban' system is flawed because sometimes it is abused, but at the same time I can't even argue sometimes that I deserved it. 

But a permanent chat ban? Those don't happen unless someone from WG gives it to you. Which means you were probably doing a good deal more than you say you were, because a WG employee wouldn't permaban you for what you wrote here. You were either saying a lot more than you claim here, or you broke TOS with what you said. 

If you think it was a mistake or unjustified, submit a ticket. But don't expect sympathy here when it's very apparent that if the chatban wasn't issued in error, you're not telling us the whole story. Especially when there is nothing more annoying than a player demanding in allchat that everyone report someone else. That's just inane; people can decide who to report on their own. 

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles

Don't worry about it, just keep playing, in the grand scheme its meaningless. Heck I report anyone playing a Khab for unsporting behavior even if they are on my team.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[SALVO]
Members
17,043 posts
17,674 battles
46 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Seems like the system is working as intended.

I frequently report people who try to coerce me to report someone else. Because trolling is not something I think is good for the game nor chat.

Seems to me that it's NOT working as intended when trolls can get you banned for calling them out on their racist language or their spamming chat with messages or map pings and so on.  And having someone ASK you to report someone else is NOT coercion. If you feel coerced, then I'd say that the problem is with you, not the person asking you to do something.

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,577 battles

Chat bans served by players is the only thing wrong with this game , 6 losses in a row I just got one yeah I called my teams bad guess what they where telling your team that just did some of the dumbest things you have seen is that really worth banning???? or should they just be using the ignore button if you are swearing spamming spewing vitrol sure you deserve a chat ban but I make it a point to never swear and most times when I save replay and send it in WG apoligizeses to me after and removes the ban which tells me that it is being abused a lot more than what most say

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,577 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Seems to me that it's NOT working as intended when trolls can get you banned for calling them out on their racist language or their spamming chat with messages or map pings and so on.  And having someone ASK you to report someone else is NOT coercion. If you feel coerced, then I'd say that the problem is with you, not the person asking you to do something.

This totally

• Cool 1

Members
687 posts
4,371 battles
24 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

If you think it was a mistake or unjustified, submit a ticket. But don't expect sympathy here when it's very apparent that if the chatban wasn't issued in error, you're not telling us the whole story. Especially when there is nothing more annoying than a player demanding in allchat that everyone report someone else. That's just inane; people can decide who to report on their own. 

Not if the people don't have the facts. In a recent game a friendly Anshan deliberately torped our Atlanta taking away about 90% of his health. The Atlanta understandably made a sharp panic turn away from the Anshan after it occurred and gunned down the Anshan (I would've joined in as well but my guns didn't turn in time). The Atlanta goes pink and -1 on the scoreboard before his panic turn makes him plow straight into me and pushes me out of my smoke broadside to multiple enemy cruisers. Both of us die in short order. You bet I asked in all-chat for the Anshan to be reported for triggering that sequence of events rather than letting people blame the Atlanta. 

A simple request for someone to be reported for egregious behavior is not especially annoying or inane. 

Edited by Rocketpacman

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I often report the guy who asks for the team to report a player for misbehaviour in chat for squealing. Nobody likes a tattle tale

1 hour ago, IBM said:

i asked the team to report a guy for spamming the H button for 3 minutes and next match i get permanent chat ban. well done wargameing.

and the match i got the bann in i replied to one guy who said IBM dont run away as i sat infront of our cap defending and all i said to him was I am sitting here running away .

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,648 battles
6 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

Not if the people don't have the facts. In a recent game a friendly Anshan deliberately torped our Atlanta taking away about 90% of his health. The Atlanta understandably made a sharp panic turn away from the Anshan after it occurred and gunned down the Anshan (I would've joined in as well but my guns didn't turn in time). The Atlanta goes pink and -1 on the scoreboard before his panic turn makes him plow straight into me and pushes me out of my smoke broadside to multiple enemy cruisers. Both of us die in short order. You bet I asked in all-chat for the Anshan to be reported for triggering that sequence of events rather than letting people blame the Atlanta. 

A simple request for someone to be reported for egregious behavior is not especially annoying or inane. 

95% of the time it's a lot more obnoxious and capricious than that. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,043 posts
17,674 battles
5 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I often report the guy who asks for the team to report a player for misbehaviour in chat for squealing. Nobody likes a tattle tale

That is just so disgustingly wrong!  :Smile-angry:

The only people who don't like "tattle tales" are the bad people who are doing something wrong, immoral, unethical, or illegal in the first place.  All it takes for evil to prosper is for good people to do nothing.  In this case, to not call out the bad people who try to silence others for putting a light on those bad people's misdeeds!  I suppose that you think that all those women who have called out Harry Weinstein and other sexual misconduct jerks are just "tattle tales"?  Pathetic!!!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The only people who don't like "tattle tales" are the bad people who are doing something wrong, immoral, unethical, or illegal in the first place.  All it takes for evil to prosper is for good people to do nothing.  In this case, to not call out the bad people who try to silence others for putting a light on those bad people's misdeeds!  I suppose that you think that all those women who have called out Harry Weinstein and other sexual misconduct jerks are just "tattle tales"?  Pathetic!!!

Considering this is a game and [edited] doesn't happen nor illegal,immoral,unethical things. Yes I will continue to report the tattle tales.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I wouldn't say that they are such things until evidence comes out, sexual misconduct is nigh impossible to prove. There are reports of news outlets deliberately trying to solicit allegations from women. There is no defense for the accused, and an allegation can ruin ones career, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt before blindly believing such claims.

However, tattle tailing is Central to the function of our society, you are right in saying that we shouldn't discourage it.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
20 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Considering this is a game and [edited] doesn't happen nor illegal,immoral,unethical things. Yes I will continue to report the tattle tales.

What are you, five?   Very mature.  Instead of reporting the people actually doing toxic crap, you're going to report the people trying to improve the situation.

Better get offline son, you're about to be late for kindergarten.

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
17,043 posts
17,674 battles
9 minutes ago, megadeux said:

I wouldn't say that they are such things until evidence comes out, sexual misconduct is nigh impossible to prove. There are reports of news outlets deliberately trying to solicit allegations from women. There is no defense for the accused, and an allegation can ruin ones career, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt before blindly believing such claims.

However, tattle tailing is Central to the function of our society, you are right in saying that we shouldn't discourage it.

I agree that allegations can ruin a career.  But when it seems like literally dozens of women are making allegations against the same person, and the so-called "casting couch" has been a long known thing in Hollywood, I don't think that it takes much to put 2 and 2 together.  Regardless, the point is that these woman are "tattling" on people who are engaging in wrong doing.  And it's attitudes like Cluch's that's scared people from reporting wrong doing in the past!!!

Mega, I will say that if only a single person came out against Harvey Weinstein, it would be easy to give the benefit of the doubt, because I'm not one who automatically believes that all women will tell the truth 100% of the time in these kinds of matters.  (That's also not saying that they're all liars either.)  But when you get this many people making charges against a single person, particularly when those people probably don't have much to gain by doing so, you have to start to wonder.  Also remember that the standards in the court of public opinion aren't the same as those in a court of law.  Innocent until proven guilty is a legal concept that doesn't necessarily apply in the court of public opinion.    And also remember that while such accusations can ruin a person's career, a company that stands by an accused person when the court of public opinion has come out against the accused person very, very strongly risks having its own reputation tarnished.  And it's often the case that companies would rather separate themselves from the accused person rather than get dragged down any further by him.

Regardless, my point here was more about the accusers than it was about Harvey Weinstein himself.

20 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

You're wrong.  What you're doing by reporting "tattle tales" is 10000000000% immoral and unethical and wrong.  And it perpetuates a disgusting attitude that scares people from reporting wrongdoing to the proper authorities in all levels of  society!  And the fact  is that the only people who really support stifling "tattle tales" are the people who are engaging in wrong doing in the first place!!!

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
85 posts
7,872 battles

blah blah blah i think because i was in the vampire most of the people playing were new and when i said to report that guy they may have all reported me instead of him not really knowing what they were doing

this joker must love it when someone flashes around the map non stop or hits one key and enter 70 times or or doesn't stop hitting the thank you or well done for half the battle.

he reports the person that gets sick of the game being ruined for everyone and asks for help in stopping the perpetrator .

and BTW the ban was lifted not sure why

Edited by IBM

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,496 battles
On 12/21/2017 at 9:31 PM, HazardDrake said:

If I can make holocaust jokes in chat and not get banned, I can't imagine what you are saying.

Sweet baby jeebus. You got away with that? 

tumblr_oqy3zfZfdU1qmob6ro1_500.gif

Members
323 posts

Anyone who ask me to report someone...I report the person asking. They are the ones usually ranting and raving about a perceived mistake the whole match.  Some of us are focused on missions, not the WR%.

Edited by killsbane67
Unclear thought
  • Cool 1

Members
18,202 posts
5,196 battles
On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 9:41 PM, Crucis said:

Seems to me that it's NOT working as intended when trolls can get you banned for calling them out on their racist language or their spamming chat with messages or map pings and so on.  

To be fair, it IS working as intended. No automated system is going to differentiate between right and wrong.

What is intended is that if someone offends you, you can report them, and if they offend enough people, they get a 24-hour reminder that their behaviour was offensive to somebody.

If someone is spamming or being racist, the intended course of action is clear: take a screenshot and send in a ticket. It is not intended for you to call anyone out for any reason. (not that I blame you)

If you witness a crime, you call the police, and let them deal with it. You can do something about it yourself, but you risk consequences.

For example, (and I realise laws vary) if you see someone breaking into your neighbour's house (with nobody home), and you decide to apprehend them, you can earn yourself an assault charge (or worse) by doing so. Where I live, (Canada) if you shoot and kill an intruder, he better have a potentially lethal weapon, or you're up for manslaughter. You're supposed to leave the house instead.

[4HIM]
Members
1,799 posts
4,058 battles
47 minutes ago, killsbane67 said:

Anyone who ask me to report someone...I report the person asking. They are the ones usually ranting and raving about a perceived mistake the whole match.  Some of us are focused on missions, not the WR%.

I have reported someone where another player asked.  But that was a TK that I, and many others on the team) saw.  Pink DD spawned in close to me.  As soon as the counter reached 0 Pinky starts shooting at me.  I move away and Pinky focuses on a team mate.  As soon as I hear the sound where my torps load, I turn and look toward Pinky.  Yep, torps on the way to a friendly.  Pinky keeps shooting until eventually reflected damage takes them out.  I didn't have to ask to report that one, but the freshly sunk friendly asked and I was glad to oblige.

But chat is full of [edited].  I was in a game where I was trying to cap and using some friendly smoke.  Enemy kept sending torps, one of which eventually got me.  In chat, team mates were calling me an [expletive] idiot for not using hydro.  Except the bote I was in didn't have hydro.