You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Railgun_Of_Tokiwadai

Ship Horns: Stay or go?

48 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
390 battles

The ship horns ARE awesome, unexpected, but for some, unneeded & annoying...However they can be helpful in impending situations, not to mention the spamming of them IS regulated. Should they stay? Or should they go?

Personally, they are way too awesome to leave the game, just leave out the Santa HoHoHo when its not Christmas and ill be completely happy with it. However, I wanna hear from you guys, what is YOUR opinion on the matter and leave a comment to tell us why down below.

• Cool 3

Members
211 posts
5,120 battles

I'm so happy they added them, just don't want the santa Ho Ho Ho after the holidays.

• Cool 2

[OPEC]
Members
945 posts
5,108 battles

I think the horns really blow.  Bu-dum-ting!

Now that that is out of the way... why should they go if you can just turn them off?  They don't bother me and I'm sure some folks enjoy them...

[PVE]
Members
5,618 posts
18,209 battles

Yeah they don't seem to be a problem, they still make me laugh for some reason and with the cool down it really does not lend itself to spamming. I think it is well implemented. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,621 posts
9,020 battles

The with the long, long recharge time limits spamming and for me it is nice to be able to give a proper captains salute, typically one long followed by two short blasts, at the start of the match.

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles
8 minutes ago, killerwhalejames said:

lol i havn't been in a battle where anyone besides me has used it

I'd imagine that anyone who never visits the main web site or this forum probably doesn't even know they were added.

[ERN]
Members
605 posts
8,301 battles

I love em (aside from that annoying Santa sound that should be removed in next update), I say keep it.

• Cool 1

Members
3 posts
390 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

The with the long, long recharge time limits spamming and for me it is nice to be able to give a proper captains salute, typically one long followed by two short blasts, at the start of the match.

I usually give a crossing signal (2 long, one short, one long; used on railroads) at the start of a match. kind of hard to manage, but I make it work somehow.

[B2P]
[B2P]
Members
281 posts
7,585 battles

I want them to stay, they are fun and not annoying... and have saved me from several collision today :fish_nerv:

Members
211 posts
5,120 battles

Plus, for those who don't like them, there is an option for them to turn it off, so I don't see why they should complain, just turn it off.

• Cool 1

Members
4 posts
188 battles

I feel like ship horns are a good edition to World of Warships. They give a good collision warning, and they give a good cheer for when you are happy. The only thing they need to do is remove the Santa part after Christmas. For people who hate ships horns they can just remove them in game settings.

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,877 battles
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:05 AM, Railgun_Of_Tokiwadai said:

The ship horns ARE awesome, unexpected, but for some, unneeded & annoying...However they can be helpful in impending situations, not to mention the spamming of them IS regulated. Should they stay? Or should they go?

Personally, they are way too awesome to leave the game, just leave out the Santa HoHoHo when its not Christmas and ill be completely happy with it. However, I wanna hear from you guys, what is YOUR opinion on the matter and leave a comment to tell us why down below.

Keep.

Members
44 posts
6,970 battles

I like the ships horn (since I retired from a shipyard and they tested them).  I use them to warn of a collision.  Get rid of Santa please.  Thanks.

Members
273 posts
4,715 battles

I was a little worried they would be over used but it hasn't turned out that way. They are worth keeping but the ho ho ho every time was a mistake. That's the only bit that gets irritating. They should remove that as soon as possible.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,621 posts
9,020 battles
2 minutes ago, Terkoz said:

I was a little worried they would be over used but it hasn't turned out that way. They are worth keeping but the ho ho ho every time was a mistake. That's the only bit that gets irritating. They should remove that as soon as possible.

If you have been on the latest PT the Ho Ho Ho is gone.

Members
273 posts
4,715 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

If you have been on the latest PT the Ho Ho Ho is gone.

Great to hear.. Thanks :cap_like:

[QCM]
Members
50 posts
3,183 battles

Absolutely stay.  They are great and lots of fun.. Has saved me from a couple of scrapes already. Keep them, Keep them, KEEP THEM.  <hint hint>