Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Pinhead_

Duke of York health

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
96 posts
6,895 battles

Why do the Duke of York only have two repairs all other bbs have three.I just bought this bb i like it just like i like the George but only 2 repairs.Can wows change it to 3 please like the other bbs in game.:cap_hmm:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,541
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

Part of the inexplicable nerfs to the ship.

Hopefully, eventually they will buff the reload, rudder shift, and heal back.  But we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,159
[SIM]
Members
2,525 posts
4,182 battles

Duke of York went through a difficult development process, and received several nerfs (along with a nerfed Damage Repair Party) at the last minute. I speculate that she’ll see some buffs, but I’m not sure when. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,973
[SYN]
Members
14,449 posts
10,425 battles

You get Hydro and DFAA, so WG thinks you are less likely to 5 repairs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
440
[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,776 battles

well KGV needs a nerf as it is, we get this ship for free so whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9 posts
3,070 battles
10 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

You get Hydro and DFAA, so WG thinks you are less likely to 5 repairs.

It only gets 1 charge of hydro (2 with premium and 3 with SI) and it no longer gets def AA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,864
[HINON]
Supertester
19,196 posts
12,716 battles

Read reviews before spending money on something. All the information was out there and has been for days before the ship even became available.

As for 'why'; WG have chosen for reasons unfamiliar to me (though it may have to do with not wanting to give away a highly competitive ship for free) to make DoY suck. Yes, this is a choice they made. I can guarantee you they didn't make a mistake and believed the ship would be competitive in its nerfed state.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,791
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,059 posts
14,457 battles
19 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

well KGV needs a nerf as it is, we get this ship for free so whatever.

How dare some other BBs challenge Scharnhorst at Tier VII!  The nerve!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,710
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
33 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

How dare some other BBs challenge Scharnhorst at Tier VII!  The nerve!

Cuddles plush Scharnhorst in the corner.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,904
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,839 posts
13,051 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

As for 'why'; WG have chosen for reasons unfamiliar to me (though it may have to do with not wanting to give away a highly competitive ship for free) to make DoY suck. Yes, this is a choice they made. I can guarantee you they didn't make a mistake and believed the ship would be competitive in its nerfed state.

 

Actually,, it makes a lot of sense.  Nerf the free one.  Then when it comes time to buff it....they can sell it.  Granted, those who have the free one will benefit from the buff. But the buff will make it attractive to a certain number of players who didn't get it free and are willing to put out for the buffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,917 posts
7,508 battles
2 hours ago, Hjr66 said:

Why do the Duke of York only have two repairs all other bbs have three.I just bought this bb i like it just like i like the George but only 2 repairs.Can wows change it to 3 please like the other bbs in game.:cap_hmm:

Reading is shown to be bloody OP, yet again. Also, she isn't the only one, Nelson only has 2, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
1,464 posts
16 battles
5 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Duke of York went through a difficult development process, and received several nerfs (along with a nerfed Damage Repair Party) at the last minute. I speculate that she’ll see some buffs, but I’m not sure when. 

Difficult or rushed/lazy.

 

WG have done a really terrible job with it, failing at every aspect, except looking nice. A really sad end for the top hull for the Tier 8 KGV, considering what it could have been, and instead seeing DoY get shafted at every turn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,159
[SIM]
Members
2,525 posts
4,182 battles
1 hour ago, Trainspite said:

Difficult or rushed/lazy.

 

WG have done a really terrible job with it, failing at every aspect, except looking nice. A really sad end for the top hull for the Tier 8 KGV, considering what it could have been, and instead seeing DoY get shafted at every turn. 

I feel like if you take away WG's ability to release things "Soon(TM)", they really struggle. The Graf Zeppelin debacle was a result of one of the teams deciding that the ship HAD to be out in time for German Gamescom (I believe), and releasing it before the design team had a chance to finish it. Duke of York was always going to the Christmas campaign ship, and in the 11th hour the development team lost confidence in it and just slapped together something playable. In both cases, it would have behooved WG to delay the release of the ship so that it could have received proper testing and rebalancing. Deadlines don't seem to do them any favors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
1,464 posts
16 battles
19 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

I feel like if you take away WG's ability to release things "Soon(TM)", they really struggle. The Graf Zeppelin debacle was a result of one of the teams deciding that the ship HAD to be out in time for German Gamescom (I believe), and releasing it before the design team had a chance to finish it. Duke of York was always going to the Christmas campaign ship, and in the 11th hour the development team lost confidence in it and just slapped together something playable. In both cases, it would have behooved WG to delay the release of the ship so that it could have received proper testing and rebalancing. Deadlines don't seem to do them any favors.

They could always start testing it with more leeway than a month and a half or so. Given how long the model for the Tier 8 KGV B-hull (aka Duke of York 1944/45) has been floating around, it didn't have to be as so rushed. Not sure if it applies to the entire campaign, but certainly the ship was pushed out of the door with a dozen problems because missions.

I did hope she would be kept back until balanced and a flag given to those who pick her up, with a different ship picking up the mission advancement role. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
764
[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,239 posts
1,822 battles
On 12/21/2017 at 7:05 PM, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Reading is shown to be bloody OP, yet again. Also, she isn't the only one, Nelson only has 2, as well.

Yes, but Nelson has a super heal like Lion or Conqueror and Duke of York has the same, regular British heal as King George V.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×