Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronWolfV

Got me a Gallant.

23 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,504 battles

So I got me the mega 5 pack. Bunch of camo and a Gallant. Not too shabby.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,885 posts
1,338 battles

Not bad at all.  For ships, the middle size was equally good.  The mega boxes have double size packs of everything else that the mid size boxes give, though.  I got a 180-day premium from a mega box, to go with my 11 ships out of too many boxes.  Just don't expect ships out of the small boxes.  They happen, but very rare.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Gallant is a decent playing tier 6 destroyer.  Single fire torpedoes unlike many most.  Concealment is not bad once you have concealment expert.  Take your time with that ship.

Members
90 posts
2,458 battles

Ended up with the Gallant, the Anshan, Dunkerque and Kii out of 20 boxes.... I can't complain about that!  Haven't taken the Gallant out to sea yet though.

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,504 battles
1 minute ago, Tronchaser said:

Ended up with the Gallant, the Anshan, Dunkerque and Kii out of 20 boxes.... I can't complain about that!  Haven't taken the Gallant out to sea yet though.

Neither have I. Might do so later. Need to get cracking on these missions.

[SALVO]
Members
17,111 posts
17,776 battles

I've gotten the Gallant and the Tier 6 Italian cruiser out of boxes.  And spend some $$$ on gold during the credit card sale on doubloons last night so that I could buy some premiums from the tech tree.  Finally got my Okhotnik!!!  And the Gulio Cesare is pretty cool too.

For what it's worth, I think that those sales on tech tree premiums seem rather overlooked in the hubbub about Santa boxes, particularly the tier 5's which are 50% off.

[HSD]
Members
294 posts
9,563 battles

Purchased the 20 pack of the cheapies.

Got 30k Free XP

600 dubs

A bunch of +50% Cmdr XP and +300% FXP signals

and a Mutsu

Satisfied, even if I am not particularly keen on the Mutsu.

[NUWES]
Members
1,665 posts
5,605 battles

I got Gallant too, and Kii. I'm quite happy with those. Unfortunately a box gave me Perth ... after I sold my other one for doubloons. Thanks ... I guess. Hopefully that deal to sell it for doubloons will come back.

[SIM]
Members
2,547 posts
4,188 battles

I found Gallant to be borderline unplayable without Concealment Expert, but quite good once you have it. Congratulations!

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles
2 hours ago, IronWolfV said:

So I got me the mega 5 pack. Bunch of camo and a Gallant. Not too shabby.

Someone gifted me a 5 mega pack and got me a Gallent and Mustu

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,504 battles
2 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

Someone gifted me a 5 mega pack and got me a Gallent and Mustu

Noice.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,256 posts

Got me a Gallant out of a 20 pack of the dollar boxes.  Pretty cool.   Not sure why I didn't buy it when it was around- or even remember when it was around.  Just that it started appearing in matches now and then.  Likely because it was a tier 6 DD. 

Guilio and HuangHe came out of a 5 pack of $3 boxes.

Still haven't played any of them- I want to grind through to Mahan and Baltimore while they're on sale!

I like how they gave us a choice this year:  Want to stock up on regular signals?  buy the $1 boxes.  Want to stock up on the special signals? get the $3 ones.  Want MORE of all the goodies?  Buy the $5 gifts.

So far, doubloons and fir tree camos have been dropping like crazy- EXACTLY the stuff I wanted most!  (and the special flags)

I went a-convertin' today to clear off some of the oodles of xp I had trapped on premiums and elites- and ended up with more doubloons than when I started, lol.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,420 battles

Got a Gallant too. Only played 1 game in it, but I thought it sucked. 4 guns with floaty arcs, handles like a brick, and torps only go out 8km. The Vampire however is a nice little boat.

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
10 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I want to grind through to Mahan and Baltimore while they're on sale

Now I have both of these so it's not showing me any price weather regular or on sale but when T8/T9s go on sale usually the T10s also go on sale at same time & even though I've got the gearing I'm seeing no sale on the Des Moines(which I'm hoping will happen soon because I'd like to get a discount on that to have all the US cruisers before the split).

Also...when there's a discount on ships if you try to sell them it usually informs you that there is a discount & you won't be getting the full value for selling them until after the discount is over & I get no notification for that from either of these 2 ships when I try to sell them

Am I missing something or were you referring to something else & said Mahan & Baltimore by mistake?

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,885 posts
1,338 battles
18 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

I found Gallant to be borderline unplayable without Concealment Expert, but quite good once you have it. Congratulations!

If you get Gallant in a box,  you get a 10 point captain with it.  That's enough to have Concealment Expert.  Shazam! :cap_cool:

[-BRS-]
Members
1,640 posts
13,648 battles

Can't believe it bought 5 Santa crates this morning 4 of them where ships the last one was a thousand doubloons:cap_win:

Thank you WG Merry Christmas:cap_like:

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,984 posts
15,757 battles

I just the two free boxs and in one was a de grasse thank you WG that was a wonderful gift

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,158 battles

Everyone is getting multiple ships.  Even out of 5 packs.  I bought 35 (5 x Mega and 30 x Big) and only got the Gallant.

I got Scrooged.

[BUNNY]
Members
182 posts
7,833 battles

Picked up the Gallant and the Ohotnick as well as a buttload of xp, flags camo and dubloons. All in all pretty pleased. The Ohotnick is a blast to play

Sign in to follow this