You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

Santa Claus Legion and the Ships available in the Boxes

9 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/santa2018/

We have this again this year and there is a free gift box to collect. Also for those that are interested here is the list of what ships can be in the boxes and it includes the two unicorns, Imperator Nikolai I and Gremyashchy.

• Belfast
  • Imperator Nikolai I
  • Gremyashchy
  • Kamikaze
  • Atago
  • Tirpitz
  • Mikhail Kutuzov
  • Loyang
  • Prinz Eugen
  • Alabama
  • Kii
  • Kidd
  • Atlanta
  • Błyskawica
  • Indianapolis
  • Sims
  • Scharnhorst
  • Leningrad
  • Hood
  • Warspite
  • Anshan
  • Molotov
  • Arizona
  • Dunkerque
  • Perth
  • De Grasse
  • Duca D'Aosta
  • Mutsu
  • Gallant
  • Admiral Graf Spee
  • Huanghe
  • Giulio Cesare
  • Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya
  • Okhotnik

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

The only one I'm missing out of that lot now is Kidd, and she's not on my list of wanted premiums anyway.

No kidding. :Smile_trollface:

[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
708 posts
3,700 battles

Only missing Ashitaka and Graf Zeppelin (ironic), any reason I'm not thinking of on why it's not in the Santa crates?  I mean I know it just sold but I feel the Kii isn't that old either and kid most definitely isn't old.

Members
834 posts
4,631 battles

Does anyone have any recommendations on which crate is best value for money? Quantity or quality? I had a good run last year, several ships including two tier 7s and the Nikolai, so I'm hoping for similar this year.

[O_O]
Members
4,397 posts
9,515 battles

It sounds to me like people are having about the same luck with the $3 presents as the $5 presents, same as last year.  Since you can get more for the same money, you get more chances with the $3 presents.  You may not be able to get some ships, like Alabama, though (not sure about that).

I bought x20 $3 presents bundle twice, and x5 $3 bundle.  Out of the first x20 I got Hood, Mutsu, and Huanghe.  I didn't get any ships out of the second x20 bundle, but I got enough doubloons to buy the discounted Giulio Cesare from the tech tree.  In the x5 bundle I got BlyskawicaI was hoping for 90 days premium time and Gremyaschy, but haven't scored those...yet.

Edited by desmo_2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles
54 minutes ago, LordGomes said:

Does anyone have any recommendations on which crate is best value for money? Quantity or quality? I had a good run last year, several ships including two tier 7s and the Nikolai, so I'm hoping for similar this year.

I got $1, $3, and $5 crates and generally in bundles. All seemed to be good value. Best chances at a big haul come in the 20 crate bundles IME although I did get one ship in a gift 5 crate $1 bundle. Got ships from all of the $ crates though. Best $5 crate bundle had 2 ships + 2K doubloons + 180 days premium. Best $3 crate bundle had 5 ships + 4k Doubloons but also had a 3 ship 4K doubloons one as well as a 7k doubloon one. Best $1 crate bundle had a ship + 40K Free XP and 1200 doubloons.

These are the ships I have got from crates this year...

• Mutsu $3
  • Arizona $5
  • Atlanta $3
  • Kidd $1
  • Alabama $5
  • Okhotnik $3
  • Okt Rev $1
  • Leningrad $1
  • Kutuzov $3
  • Admiral Graf Spee (had an HSF version but guess that doesn't count as a duplicate?) $3
  • Scharnhorst $3
  • Gallant $5
  • Anshan $3
  • De Grasse $3
  • Giulio Cesare $3
  • Duca D'Aosta $3
  • Perth $1
Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
3,468 posts
6,161 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Admiral Graf Spee (had an HSF version but guess that doesn't count as a duplicate?)

Correct - they are seen as different ships with different Ids in the DB.

Members
93 posts
13,184 battles

I thought that I read somewhere that someone got a Makarov in a box but don't quote me on that.  I did get a few ships this year in the $3 boxes:  Kii, Mutsu, Hood, Perth, Huanghe & Kidd - with the gold, I wound up buying the Alabama too.