You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AhosChaos

It's not happening is it

33 comments in this topic

[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles

At 490k is FXP, it's nigh impossible for me to reach the MO.  Even running FXP flags and all the fancy stuff I can at most get 1k - 1.5k FXP per game.  That said should I just cut my loses and get the Nelson.  The Musashi doesn't seem too too appealing.  As it is now I am not super partial to the Yamato.  The guns are great and I find myself getting 100k+ games.  At the same time, my positioning is meh and I'm still figuring out the armor angling leading to some really sub par games.  Given time, I will probably like the ship more and my play will be more consistent, but that's in the future.  The Musashi just seems like a bad Yamato.  If I have the Yamato, why would I want to play a bad version.

I'm assuming that the Musashi will probably have some gimmick, although the 18" guns seem to be the gimmick.  It'll probably also print credits like the MO, but that's it.

I don't have the money to buy the 10k or so doubloons to convert 260k XP, and even with RNGeesus blessing me with SC's giving doubloons or FXP, it's still probably not happening.  It's been a while since I've gotten an SC, and an even longer time since I got FXP or doubloons.  With the AFT-Vent calendar I will get 2 SC's, but that is at most 100k FXP or 2k Doubloons and if I am truly truly lucky I could possibly pull 2 Molotovs and get Doubloon reimbursed which would cover the 10k Doubloons, but we all know none of this is happening.

So should I cut my losses and pick up the Nelson, or hope that I'll still be playing this game in like another year and a half when the Musashi is replaced.  Maybe the Musashi will be great, but I have my doubts.

Members
1,458 posts
12,310 battles

Get the Missouri, Nelson is fun, but of course not close to the credit producer of the Missouri.  I play my Missouri all the time, Nelson sometimes...

[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles
47 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

Get the Missouri, Nelson is fun, but of course not close to the credit producer of the Missouri.  I play my Missouri all the time, Nelson sometimes...

I definitely want to, but I don't have 40$ to spend on Doubloons, nor is it possible to play roughly 250k games in 2 months.  <<<< Ignore that, your's truly really can't do math

I mean if Santa wants to give me the necessary doubloons, then by all means, but as of right now the MO is just not possible.

Edited by AhosChaos
I'm an idiot

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
10 minutes ago, AhosChaos said:

At 490k is FXP, it's nigh impossible for me to reach the MO.  Even running FXP flags and all the fancy stuff I can at most get 1k - 1.5k FXP per game.  That said should I just cut my loses and get the Nelson.  The Musashi doesn't seem too too appealing.  As it is now I am not super partial to the Yamato.  The guns are great and I find myself getting 100k+ games.  At the same time, my positioning is meh and I'm still figuring out the armor angling leading to some really sub par games.  Given time, I will probably like the ship more and my play will be more consistent, but that's in the future.  The Musashi just seems like a bad Yamato.  If I have the Yamato, why would I want to play a bad version.

I'm assuming that the Musashi will probably have some gimmick, although the 18" guns seem to be the gimmick.  It'll probably also print credits like the MO, but that's it.

I don't have the money to buy the 10k or so doubloons to convert 260k XP, and even with RNGeesus blessing me with SC's giving doubloons or FXP, it's still probably not happening.  It's been a while since I've gotten an SC, and an even longer time since I got FXP or doubloons.  With the AFT-Vent calendar I will get 2 SC's, but that is at most 100k FXP or 2k Doubloons and if I am truly truly lucky I could possibly pull 2 Molotovs and get Doubloon reimbursed which would cover the 10k Doubloons, but we all know none of this is happening.

So should I cut my losses and pick up the Nelson, or hope that I'll still be playing this game in like another year and a half when the Musashi is replaced.  Maybe the Musashi will be great, but I have my doubts.

Don't get the Nelson.

Hang onto your free xp, run all the special flags and see if you can make it.  Otherwise, check out Musashi when it comes out.  In may surprise you.  In the event you don't like it, you can always pick up the Nelson at that time.

Don't blow a bunch of free xp today on a decision you don't have to make and that you may come to regret later.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
4 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Do whatever you can to get the MO. Most fun ship in the game

Well actually that honor belongs to Scharnhorst. . . but Missouri is pretty up there.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

Like others said, don’t give up and keep farming for FXP. If you have them, use camo that gives FXP bonuses, plus those papa papa flags along with premium ships and premium time. Plus I noticed Credit crates have a decent tendency to drop XP too.0

[POP]
Members
1,234 posts
8,245 battles

I took me most of a year. I grinded through all my tech tree ships without using any free XP. I ran free XP camos on all my best ships. 

I didn't use any premium time, except for a few days I won here and there in missions and campaigns. Finally, I had about 1000 dubloons that I got from supercontainers and other stuff and converted excess ship XP to free XP. 

It can be done. 

It probably can't be done by the time Big Mo isn't available anymore (which I just remembered). Sorry.

Members
1,458 posts
12,310 battles
4 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Well actually that honor belongs to Scharnhorst. . . but Missouri is pretty up there.

That is what I thought, until I got the Missouri.   Just love the accuracy, radar can change a game around, and those times when you have a great game in Missouri, have loaded up the flags (Wyvern), maybe premium time and you punch over 2 million in credits

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
1 minute ago, Panzer1113 said:

That is what I thought, until I got the Missouri.   Just love the accuracy, radar can change a game around, and those times when you have a great game in Missouri, have loaded up the flags (Wyvern), maybe premium time and you punch over 2 million in credits

MO's accuracy is extremely trolly for the enemy. I've put whole salvos right into the citadel of enemy ships at near max range before. Cruisers are /not/ safe when broadside to MO at any range, and when the dispersion gods smile (which they do a lot) she can easily delete at will. 

I was in a match once where enemy cruisers were sailing out from behind a landmass in a nice little line, and every time one would show up I'd delete it with MO's crazy accuracy. Killed 3 in a row that way. They were spaced just far enough for my guns to reload before the next one showed up. God it was fun... 

• Cool 1

[TDD]
Members
905 posts
7,942 battles

Just wait play for the MO, see where you are when it gets closer and then they will probably have a free xp sale to maximize their profits. if you can afford it then get the mo if it's still beyond what your comfortable then pop for the nelson if you want. But right now there really isn't any reason to rush

[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles
2 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

Might want to check your math lol.

I mean I'm at just under 500k FXP, so 750k-500k leaves me 250k FXP to go.  Then if I can average around 1k-1.5k FXP per game then we'll just take the lower number for a conservative guess.  So 250k divided by 1k equals ...oh yeah.  Clearly math is not my strong suit lol, or perhaps it's this cold lol.

Even then at 2500 games- watch me still have done this math wrong lol-  I basically have to play 2500 games in 2 months while it took me 2 years? to break 7.5k.  :/

Doesn't mean I won't try I suppose

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
3 minutes ago, AhosChaos said:

IEven then at 2500 games- watch me still have done this math wrong lol-  I basically have to play 2500 games in 2 months while it took me 2 years? to break 7.5k.  :/

It's 250 lol.  Even at that though, it's pretty tough to accomplish.  Well... it's a lot more than I normally play, but I guess it's only about four battles a day.

Edited by AspiringCodger

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
3 minutes ago, AhosChaos said:

I mean I'm at just under 500k FXP, so 750k-500k leaves me 250k FXP to go.  Then if I can average around 1k-1.5k FXP per game then we'll just take the lower number for a conservative guess.  So 250k divided by 1k equals ...oh yeah.  Clearly math is not my strong suit lol, or perhaps it's this cold lol.

Even then at 2500 games- watch me still have done this math wrong lol-  I basically have to play 2500 games in 2 months while it took me 2 years? to break 7.5k.  :/

Doesn't mean I won't try I suppose

LOL!!

250 THOUSAND divided by 1 THOUSAND equals 250.

[TAFY3]
[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
430 posts
6,140 battles

@OP  this right here is the best reason why you should buy Premium time.  It is the most valuable commodity in this game.  I am perfectly willing to shell out some money to make the game more enjoyable for me.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
Just now, SluggerJackson said:

@OP  this right here is the best reason why you should buy Premium time.  It is the most valuable commodity in this game.  I am perfectly willing to shell out some money to make the game more enjoyable for me.

. . . or a calculator.

• Funny 2

[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

LOL!!

250 THOUSAND divided by 1 THOUSAND equals 250.

1 minute ago, AspiringCodger said:

It's 250 lol.  Even at that though, it's pretty tough to accomplish.

I'm sick leave me alone.  Why is math so hard with NyQuil

• Funny 2

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

Play T10 running both Free XP flags *and* XP flags (boosts both earnings). You should, on average, net 2-2.5k free XP minimum (if you can carry your weight in a match). Starting from 500k free XP, needing 250k more, you'd need, at that rate, 125 games, assuming each one averages 18 minutes, that's 38 hours of play. WHen you look at it like that, it isn't daunting at all. Finding 38 hours to play over *2* months is not a huge amount.

[PVE]
Members
9,603 posts
7,466 battles
42 minutes ago, AhosChaos said:

I would wait until closer to the time Missouri is removed to decide (about 2 months I understand). Possibly even the day before. Never know when something might happen to change the calculus.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

I would wait until closer to the time Missouri is removed to decide (about 2 months I understand). Possibly even the day before. Never know when something might happen to change the calculus.

Yes, they may offer a 35:1 conversion sale during that period and it can help close the gap. I suggest doing ranked and getting the free Doubloons they give out during it. I've bought 2 ships in game using just free Doubloons from Ranked and SC's and Events.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
39 minutes ago, AhosChaos said:

I definitely want to, but I don't have 40$ to spend on Doubloons, nor is it possible to play roughly 250k games in 2 months.  

I mean if Santa wants to give me the necessary doubloons, then by all means, but as of right now the MO is just not possible.

You dont need to play 250,000 games?????? Tf? I made 60,000 FXP alone from yesterday games

[HINON]
Members
9,016 posts

Save some of your amazing free xp flags for when they run a 2x or 3x first win weekend. Those are the games that will give you 10k+ free xp if you win with the bonuses. You farm free xp on those weekends. I'm sure there will be some of those around Christmas and New years.

[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles
3 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

You dont need to play 250,000 games?????? Tf? I made 60,000 FXP alone from yesterday games

Math has been proven to not be my strong suit, especially with the criminal amounts of NyQuil I've been taking.