You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shootieboats

No new ship for Ranked this season

15 comments in this topic

[-I-]
Members
1,719 posts
10,518 battles

Ranked specifics and rewards are out.  https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/ranked-battle-season8/

No new ship this time for hitting R1 again. Just premium camo for the Flint and Black. Ship Upgrades are back in the reward rotation though, and at least they're giving away the 3 most useful ones(Hydro/Radar/Engine Boost).

So....yea.

[SCCC]
Members
208 posts
11,988 battles

With really weak rewards for each tier you gain, and just some camo for winning after just a flag for last season it makes it tough to overlook Ranked gameplay weaknesses and give another season the effort needed to rank out.  They still, after multiple seasons of failure have not provided any reason to play the Rank 1 league.  I have the Black but I'm not sure if going forward is worth the grief.

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,131 battles

Part of me wishes this season would have been T9's.  That would've been a nice change of pace.

Members
3,725 posts
15,088 battles
17 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Part of me wishes this season would have been T9's.  That would've been a nice change of pace.

Part of me wishes WG would have not cut the reward for reaching rank 1 from 100 to 50 camos.

• Cool 1

[SAA]
Members
860 posts
27,345 battles

Still going to be a soul sucking grind, wish WG had not added so many dam stars to each rank, but they realy dont give a rats butt about how much they make it cancer I guess. 

I'll be running the Benson first, after that I don't know.  I was thinking of Atago, but CA's don't look to be a big game changer so it's back to DD's.

Well, at least I will get in on the holiday sale with me psychotherapist!  Hes running a 2 for 1 package, buy 1 hr of therapy and get a second hr free!

Now wheres my gun.........

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,131 battles
4 minutes ago, m373x said:

Part of me wishes WG would have not cut the reward for reaching rank 1 from 100 to 50 camos.

Where is the list of rewards?

[DKM]
Members
115 posts
14,560 battles

rewards are like a punch in the face, not even worth it to get rank 1 the seventh time.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,405 battles

So the participation flag this season is from a small Icelandic town that served as an airbase for exiled Norwegian Air Force convoy patrols. Interesting.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles
15 minutes ago, PelicanHazard said:

So the participation flag this season is from a small Icelandic town that served as an airbase for exiled Norwegian Air Force convoy patrols. Interesting.

It’s where DoY and it’s task force left from before their battle with sharn.

• Cool 1

[-I-]
Members
1,719 posts
10,518 battles
15 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Is it just me, or are there fewer irrevocable ranks this time around?

Nope, same as it's been for ~6 seasons now.

• Cool 1

[SF-3]
Members
1,536 posts
8,169 battles
42 minutes ago, m373x said:

That was my first thought, hey didn't we get 100 camos the previous years, sigh... and the modules again!? I mean much more useful this time around, but who doesnt already have enough of them?

17 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Is it just me, or are there fewer irrevocable ranks this time around?

Nope, just you, been the same for many seasons.

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,131 battles
1 hour ago, Pegneus said:

rewards are like a punch in the face, not even worth it to get rank 1 the seventh time.

Agreed.  The rewards seem to keep getting slightly worse every new season.  Seasons 2 and 3 were pretty darn good.

But let's be honest here.....Ranked camo used to be really good, but now pales in comparison to all the other new loaded camos we have available. 

Was also sad to see not a single sight of a Gamescom camo in any of the rewards.  It's the one I want the most, but is the hardest to get.