You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

New Options in Port - Easy but great QoL

11 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

We  can start a list here... of easy things you could do that make the game more enjoyable. 

1. Remove all signals - yes, simple, we've asked for like years. Please give us a button we can click that will remove all our signal flags from a ship. 

2. No camo - you are about to enter combat without a camo - are you sure you want to do this? The soft warning would be after clicking the Battle button but before you enter the queue. Allow us to return to port and get dressed properly for the battle. Most of us don't want to go to battle nekked. 

3. Sorting/filtering everywhere in port - so if we select one nation, we do NOT see any ships/cmdrs from other nations. We simply do NOT see them. Rendering them faded/transparent is not the same thing as simply excluding them from the list. Period. 

4. Move some of the compounding overlays - for example when moving through commanders to select one, the dang overlays block everything you want to view. 

5. "Special commanders" - you know, I know we have asked for this too - if you put a commander into the game having "special skills" you need to provide an overlay so we can know what those special skills are... or to put it another way, "You don't know Jack... Dunkirk". 

Feel free to add to this list folks - thanks. 

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
5,619 posts
18,209 battles

Nice thread Reitz. My suggestions are:

1. Have a "mount flag for all ships of this nation" button . Talking the vanity flags

2. Allow the dismissal of ARP captains. I ended up with two sets of them, would like to dismiss the half I don't want.

3. Make an option to scroll through ship captain portraits & names with the ability to change them. Different captains with the same name or portrait is annoying.

4. Allow the selling of any item in the game even if it is for one credit. There are lots of vanity flags I want to get rid of.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

I'd like to roam around in the port -- free-camera. 

It's pretty tough when you want to take a screen shot at a certain angle. 

Case and point is with the discovery of the Indianapolis, I wanted to match up our game Indy with what they were finding on the bottom.

It's nice having that 3D ability.

• Cool 1

Members
1,640 posts
7,474 battles
44 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I'd like to roam around in the port -- free-camera. 

It's pretty tough when you want to take a screen shot at a certain angle. 

This so much, Pretty please wargaming?

Members
197 posts
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

We  can start a list here... of easy things you could do that make the game more enjoyable. 

1. Remove all signals - yes, simple, we've asked for like years. Please give us a button we can click that will remove all our signal flags from a ship. 

Also, make it easier to mount multiple signal flags.  Let us be able to do something like hold down the shift or ctrl key, then click on 2 or more signal flags.  Then we click on the mount button to mount multiple flags all at once.  Its a bit of a PITA to have to mount each signal separately... 

Edited by Slammer58

[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,324 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

2. No camo - you are about to enter combat without a camo - are you sure you want to do this? The soft warning would be after clicking the Battle button but before you enter the queue. Allow us to return to port and get dressed properly for the battle. Most of us don't want to go to battle nekked. 

3. Sorting/filtering everywhere in port - so if we select one nation, we do NOT see any ships/cmdrs from other nations. We simply do NOT see them. Rendering them faded/transparent is not the same thing as simply excluding them from the list. Period. 

4. Move some of the compounding overlays - for example when moving through commanders to select one, the dang overlays block everything you want to view. 

5. "Special commanders" - you know, I know we have asked for this too - if you put a commander into the game having "special skills" you need to provide an overlay so we can know what those special skills are... or to put it another way, "You don't know Jack... Dunkirk". 

These are all very good suggestions. 

I agree with all of these +1

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

I would like the scroll bar to be wider on the commander reserve window.  The are other locations in the GUI where a little wider bar would be helpful, but that is the one place I have the most difficulty scrolling through a list.

I also want to second the motion of altering captain names.  (Portraits too, especially after I do something dumb in a match - get back to port and they're all frowning at me). 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,624 posts
9,027 battles
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Good suggestions but for number 1 I would prefer check boxes next to each flag. Then you simply check the ones you want to put on or take off, the button would remove all mounted checked flags while at the same time mounting all unmounted checked flags. Also something like WoT has to put the previous commander into the ship which would be real nice when training captains.

[PVE]
Members
5,619 posts
18,209 battles

Not sure this last suggestion is what Reitz had in mind but for the love of god, please fix it so when you mute a player, it mutes the "f" key commands from them as well! 

Just had a thought, permanent camouflage for lower tier ships would be nice, especially for the "keepers" like Friant, Kuma, St Louis, Bog, Clemson, etc. 

Edited by Taylor3006