You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Players suiciding at the start of a match

32 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

Just played a game where we had a Yamato suicide at the start of a match because people didn't follow his instructions.

The bad part is.  We almost won anyway.  If we'd had him we would have won easily.

My question is:

1: How do you insta-suicide in a Yamato.

2: Is there anything that can be done to this guy?

[4HIM]
Members
1,794 posts
4,051 battles

I don't even know how to suicide a ship.  Even though sometimes I want to when I see Epicancer on TotD.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,034 posts
17,659 battles
11 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Was he pink and shot a teammate?

Even if he did, unless he did nearly 100k damage to the team mate, it'd be impossible to insta-kill one's self with reflected damage.

Also, a ship with torps can't do this at the VERY start of the match because torps take a long time to load.

From what I know, the easiest ships to suicide in are CV's, because they can use their planes to attack themselves.

[TMS]
Members
1,711 posts
22,014 battles
42 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Just played a game where we had a Yamato suicide at the start of a match because people didn't follow his instructions.

The bad part is.  We almost won anyway.  If we'd had him we would have won easily.

My question is:

My very first game in my Yamato i did exactly that because on a particular map before it got redesigned and depending on which side you spawn on most players would run right to the B/2 line and circle jerk for the whole match giving total map control to the other team which would end up as a loss 80% of the time with that type of play.

I spawned, looked to see the team heading that way and i said  you all go to that corner i'm going back to port, they did so i Yoloed without firing a single shot and just sat back and watched the chat explode as they turned on each other after they had a go at me, went back to port and got on with a decent battle.

• Bad 7

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,945 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Even if he did, unless he did nearly 100k damage to the team mate, it'd be impossible to insta-kill one's self with reflected damage.

Also, a ship with torps can't do this at the VERY start of the match because torps take a long time to load.

From what I know, the easiest ships to suicide in are CV's, because they can use their planes to attack themselves.

Reflected damage is significantly higher than the damage you put out. about 15x as much, so for every 1000 you do you receive 15k back.

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,034 posts

Feel free to go back to tanks Ostwind. You don't meet my rediculous high standards for someone that I want on my team.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,246 posts
3,106 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

My question is:

I recall that there was a bug a while back, where you were able to fire shells straight up in the Yamato and a few other battleships, and they would come back down into your citadel. I don't know if that's what happened, but I remember that is was possible.  

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
7 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

I recall that there was a bug a while back, where you were able to fire shells straight up in the Yamato and a few other battleships, and they would come back down into your citadel. I don't know if that's what happened, but I remember that is was possible.  

I remember that lol.  I think that was fixed back in the open Beta, maybe?

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
59 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Reflected damage is significantly higher than the damage you put out. about 15x as much, so for every 1000 you do you receive 15k back.

Yeh i learnt that the fun way! At the very beginning of a match i had a pinj texas shooy my akatsuki and spark a fire. So i was like Ah well f*ck you too and let it butn. 6-8k chucks where just falling right off of him! Lol also got a kraken that game. I cant paste it here (for public shaming)

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,246 posts
3,106 battles
26 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

I remember that lol.  I think that was fixed back in the open Beta, maybe?

No. There's a video floating around from later than that. I'll try and find it.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
28 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

Pretty sure he means the guy yolo rushed.  If so, no... you can't do anything about him.

No the guy suicided somehow.  We'd barely left spawn.

The chat did say "a penalty had been applied to him for Team Killing" right as he died. . . but I assume that was from whatever he did, not what caused it.  

[R-F]
Members
752 posts
6,366 battles

Most likely a repeat offender teamkiller.  As others have said, teamkillers get damage reflected and multiplied to them.  So he launched a salvo at a friendly and instantly sank from the reflected damage.

That's the only way you can suicide unless you're a carrier.

Edited by Brhinosaurus

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
1 hour ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

some battles are pointless - why waste time trying to carry a bunch of mouth breathing neckbeards?  

I notice you hide your stats so nobody can see what results your loser mentality produces.

I'm going to surmise that you also suck at life since you're such a precious snowflake that can't stand a challenge, and is afraid to try in case you fail.  Your poor little ego couldn't possibly handle the fact that somebody beat you.  No doubt you've received a lot of participation trophies throughout your life? 

I've seen plenty of "impossible" games get turned around for all kinds of reasons.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Take comfort in the knowledge that someone who would suicide, because the team didn't do what they want, is likely such a terrible player that it wouldn't have made a difference had they lived all the way until the end. Being mad that the team is doing something foolish is one thing, suiciding is ALWAYS a terrible player move.  Always.

• Cool 2

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,485 posts
3,435 battles

I suicide if a player insists I charge a cap solo, without support, while playing a torpedo-focused IJN DD (TRB instead of the smoke consumable). Then just say, "I did ask you asked, while you didn't support and ran".

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,357 battles

Once I see the team falling apart,  and I am fully aware the team is getting wiped out.  ( we've lost 5 ships, they've lost none )  yolo right into them and head back to port .

Members
1,296 posts
21,024 battles

Sometimes, I confess I fell more invulnerable than I should if I haven't played a specific BB in a while.  Thinking I can be more effective than I am.

But my real fault in DD's, and why I really suck in them, is I almost always go for the cap 1st.  I just can't help it.

[PS1HQ]
Members
621 posts
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

I notice you hide your stats so nobody can see what results your loser mentality produces.

I'm going to surmise that you also suck at life since you're such a precious snowflake that can't stand a challenge, and is afraid to try in case you fail.  Your poor little ego couldn't possibly handle the fact that somebody beat you.  No doubt you've received a lot of participation trophies throughout your life? 

I've seen plenty of "impossible" games get turned around for all kinds of reasons.

triggering snowflakes is my specialty.  see the blizzard above ^

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Suicide or YOLO rush without firing a shot because you're mad:
No points
Credit loss
Hit to your win rate

Play your best anyway even though you're going to lose: 
Credit gain unless you're REALLY bad or unlucky
Hit to your win rate

So really all they gain by being a petulant child is... ...nothing. Nothing at all. Why would anyone do this? 

• Bad 1

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,719 battles

This game attracts an insane amount of lowest common denominator people. It will naturally be frustrating for anyone who lives by even just a modest standard with modest expectations.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
18 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

triggering snowflakes is my specialty.  see the blizzard above ^

LOL I don't think that word means what you think it means, cupcake.

15 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Suicide or YOLO rush without firing a shot because you're mad:
No points
Credit loss
Hit to your win rate

Play your best anyway even though you're going to lose: 
Credit gain unless you're REALLY bad or unlucky
Hit to your win rate

So really all they gain by being a petulant child is... ...nothing. Nothing at all. Why would anyone do this? 

Exactly.

I think petulant child throwing a temper tantrum is a pretty apt description. 

• Bad 1