Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
brym7

A Sticky Situation

5 comments in this topic

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
261 posts
3,994 battles

So I was very fortunate in the "Santa's Legion" this year, walked away with many ships and a fair amount doubloons. So I was looking at the tech tree and was astonished to see older ships on sale, at a discount no less. After some (I lie, none) thought, I pick up the Enterprise with my spare doubloons.

5a3b7c2d35e4f_Screenshot(105).thumb.png.a7763a9a7499690d53067150d970c92d.png

She's s*xy and has a beyond admiral history, making me proud to have her in my port.

But now I have her, I'm terrified to take her out. Not only in fear that I'll get walked over by the other CV, but I fear being seen as "that guy."

You know, "that guy that has probably bought his way up to high tier and is so out of his element he's walked over and with the contention CVs have gotten as of late, threw the match and is part of the problem."

That guy. I don't know if I'm just being silly, but I feel that way with my other CVs. Except for Sipan as I'm way too confident in that thing.

Anyone got anything to say?

[SEP]
Members
3,722 posts
14,928 battles

We will silently judge you but many of us will be vocal and tell you how they feel about you buying your way to T8 CV. You should be able to handle the situation with ease by just saying "sorry guys, still learning". No biggie, don't overthink it. 

[FML]
Members
1,744 posts
10,099 battles
50 minutes ago, brym7 said:

So I was very fortunate in the "Santa's Legion" this year, walked away with many ships and a fair amount doubloons. So I was looking at the tech tree and was astonished to see older ships on sale, at a discount no less. After some (I lie, none) thought, I pick up the Enterprise with my spare doubloons.

5a3b7c2d35e4f_Screenshot(105).thumb.png.a7763a9a7499690d53067150d970c92d.png

She's s*xy and has a beyond admiral history, making me proud to have her in my port.

But now I have her, I'm terrified to take her out. Not only in fear that I'll get walked over by the other CV, but I fear being seen as "that guy."

You know, "that guy that has probably bought his way up to high tier and is so out of his element he's walked over and with the contention CVs have gotten as of late, threw the match and is part of the problem."

That guy. I don't know if I'm just being silly, but I feel that way with my other CVs. Except for Sipan as I'm way too confident in that thing.

Anyone got anything to say?

Training room first with static bots to learn how to drop and where. Then with moving bots, to hit those.

Then coop to learn how to watch a whole battlespace, which will take a while; target the lonely battleships first.

Then find someone you like who knows how to CV and back in the training room - this is to learn how to do air to air.

Then you'll be fine in randoms, particularly if you message "just learning, sorry" (which will put dread into the hearts of your team), but when you turn out to be decent, that dread will be replaced with joy. 

Good luck!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

Myself and many others only play CVs in CO-OP.  Very few people care how well you play there.  Also, the higher tiers are normally packet with "wallet warriors", so you shouldn't have any issues. Enjoy the new ship!

Sign in to follow this