You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Midnitewolf

What to spend my extra 12,300 Doubloon winnings on??

7 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
1,522 battles

So manage to score pretty good tonight with the Santa's crates.  Only ships I am missing are the Alabama, Kii, Hood, Leningrad and Kidd and I ended up with 12,300 doubloons to spend as well so I am looking for advice.

Which should I buy?

1. Alabama
  2. Kii
  3. Hood and Leningrad (or maybe just Hood and saving the Dubs)
  4. Covert XP to get the Neslon  

My thoughts:

Alabama - Don't really need because I have a Missouri but since I am not keen on advancing the American BB Tech tree because aside from Tier 7,8 and 10, I have a premium USN BB to use in place of the tech tree ships if I want to play USN BB.   Tier 8 is pretty much my favorite tier in the so it would be nice to have a solid tier 8 premium USN BB to complete the entire collection so she sits high on my list. 

Kii - For whatever reason I have not been too keen on IJN BBs but with the Yamato up there at Tier 10, I might eventually decide to do it.  Also even if just for diversity sake and changing it up now and again, the Kii would be interesting to own plus again Tier 8 is my favorite Tier.  This puts her on my list of ships I really want to own.

Hood - Seems very interesting and I can definitely see myself eventually getting around to progressing the RN BBs.  Also pretty cheap at 6790 Doubloons right now which leaves me with a significant amount of extra doubloons to play around with.  High on my list of wants as well. 

Leningrad - Honestly I am not a big DD fan and I have the Blys which seems like a better ship overall in the first place.  My only real interest in picking up the Leningrad is that if I bought it and the Hood together, it would bring the list of ships I have left to acquire with the Santa's down to 3, two of which are the big ticket Alabama and Kii.  This could theoretically make it easier for me to roll an Alabama and Kii earlier with less cash invested into the lottery.  

Nelson - 12,300 gold isn't quite enough to get me the Nelson but it is close so this is an option.  Only thing is, this won't help me increase my likelihood to get the Kii, Alabama and Hood from the Santa Crates.

So what do you think, which ship or combo of ships do you think I should grab with my 12,300 gold.  

[-I-]
Members
1,719 posts
10,518 battles

You'll always earn free XP, so the Nelson will always be an option down the line as long as it's available. You won't always earn doubloons(unless you buy more), so I wouldn't use them for Nelson conversion...

Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
1,522 battles

I am actually leaning toward being conservative and buying the Hood.  That will still increase my chances of rolling the big ticket ships I have left, the Alabama and Kii, which are the only two left I really want and I will be able to conserve about 5500 Doubloons for something else.   

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
932 posts
5,976 battles

Hood and Leningrad are both fun ships. Hood seems anemic at first but once you get a feel for the guns you'll be occasionally citadeling T9 cruisers at 18km. The leningrads speed and torps are great, and the guns are decent too. It might not be a good cap bully like the blyska (blyska has 3 forward firing and 4 rear firing for kiting/rushing). But, leningrad can be used for long rang fire starting if you put demo expt/concealment and AFT on it, superior to the blyska that way because it's faster... can get out of dodge faster if you ignore your smoke timer and suddenly appear for everyone to shoot at :-)

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
932 posts
5,976 battles

i too have 14,000 doubloons to spend on something in the tech tree...idk. Im debating on either the alabama, or maybe waiting for a free XP conversion deal and getting a missouri. only problem is that i know i'm going to nibble away at the doubloons if they're just sitting there.

you'd think they'll do a free XP conversion sale close to when the missouri leave the shop, get some impulse buyers... makes business sense.

EH

Edited by HorrorRoach