Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Are Trolls actually Groupies?

14 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,291 posts
8,915 battles

I like to watch DIY and vehicle maintenance channels on YouTube. One would presume that such channels would not get trolled all that much. However, that would be an incorrect assumption. Some of the most helpful of channels, operated by the nicest and most courteous of people, also seem to have some of the worst of internet trolls.

I try to post information and entertaining content here in the forums. I'm sure that some forumers like my posts and others do not. Probably the majority don't care one way or the other. However, with advent of the new post rating system, I've discovered that I seem to have a bit of a troll problem. Said underbridge troglodyte is rather benign and limits itself to posting "snooze" emojis on all my parody posts. However, it also posts said emojis on all my parody posts.

It probably thinks itself anonymous but since one can see who is reading a post, it isn't keeping itself all that well hidden. Since it has to actually search out my threads and click on them to "lambaste" my posts, it is actually paying more attention to them than 99% of the forumers here. So it seems that I've actually got something of an anti-groupie here. I'm sure the Community Contributors see this everyday but it's a somewhat unique occurrence for me.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 8

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles

It would make sense. Trolls tend to pick a bridge and camp under it. I guess your troll has picked you and camped your posts.

• Funny 1

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,404 battles

Why are you letting that very small percentage bother you man? Why let anyone?

Thinkin about it, arent you a medic? Roll it off man.

Edited by injunmick

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,400 battles
17 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I like to watch DIY and vehicle maintenance channels on YouTube. One would presume that such channels would not get trolled all that much. However, that would be an incorrect assumption. Some of the most helpful of channels, operated by the nicest and most courteous of people, also seem to have some of the worst of internet trolls.

I try to post information and entertaining content here in the forums. I'm sure that some forumers like my posts and others do not. Probably the majority don't care one way or the other. However, with advent of the new post rating system, I've discovered that I seem to have a bit of a troll problem. Said underbridge troglodyte is rather benign and limits itself to posting "snooze" emojis on all my parody posts. However, it also posts said emojis on all my parody posts.

It probably thinks itself anonymous but since one can see who is reading a post, it isn't keeping itself all that well hidden. Since it has to actually search out my threads and click on them to "lambaste" my posts, it is actually paying more attention to them than 99% of the forumers here. So it seems that I've actually got something of an anti-groupie here. I'm sure the Community Contributors see this everyday but it's a somewhat unique occurrence for me.

Snarg, Ghostdog's Troll support got your back. Huntin' them scalawags down now. No one trolls Snarg bitc$3s.

th?id=OIP._MPuq-qBROgav4cWHpCQBgHaEm&pidth?id=OIP.LHNpyN_Xx6KRHSgLGuy9sQHaGI&pid

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,388 battles

Take "Picking up a troll" as having made it to the bigtime.  They feel you have posted something important to shoot down.

[PSP]
Members
6,291 posts
8,915 battles
5 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Snarg, Ghostdog's Troll support got your back. Huntin' them scalawags down now. No one trolls Snarg bitc$3s.

th?id=OIP._MPuq-qBROgav4cWHpCQBgHaEm&pidth?id=OIP.LHNpyN_Xx6KRHSgLGuy9sQHaGI&pid

I tried to sic you on that brush wolf that was a howling at my door the other day but you were napping in front of the fireplace. My darn pulicat wasn't much help either as it was just biting at my toes when a little white mouse was having free reign runnin around in the hall and making all sorts of noise.

There's a BrushWolf a-howlin at my door
And a LittleWhiteMouse in the hall
But my Ghostdog1355 he's a nappin'
And he never comes when I call
I can't never get no sleep
When my Pulicat's bitin' my toes
But when quinntheeskimo gets here
All them varmints gonna let me doze

You all might think that those are just lyrics I made up but they actually happened. There are coyotes howling outside my window every night but when I had a bird dog it just slept in front of the fireplace and ignored them. My brown cat, which showed up as a starving kitten and then sort of invited herself to say, likes to curl up on my feet under the computer desk. If I move my toes a milimeter she sharts biting at them. My parents have a cat that sleeps in the hall and that I have seen mice literally run right over, and that lazy cat doesn't bat an eyelash at them    

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,400 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I tried to sic you on that brush wolf that was a howling at my door the other day but you were napping in front of the fireplace. My darn pulicat wasn't much help either as it was just biting at my toes when a little white mouse was having free reign runnin around in the hall and making all sorts of noise.

You all might think that those are just lyrics I made up but they actually happened. There are coyotes howling outside my window every night but when I had a bird dog it just slept in front of the fireplace and ignored them. My brown cat, which showed up as a starving kitten and then sort of invited herself to say, likes to curl up on my feet under the computer desk. If I move my toes a milimeter she sharts biting at them. My parents have a cat that sleeps in the hall and that I have seen mice literally run right over, and that lazy cat doesn't bat an eyelash at them    

Snarg, I sent you a Santa Box. It's got an anti Troll RPG in it! Merry Christmas

• Cool 1

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

Yes...

You are so self important they are trolling you...

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,400 battles
11 hours ago, Murcc said:

Take "Picking up a troll" as having made it to the bigtime.  They feel you have posted something important to shoot down.

Murcc nailed it. Trolls are followers. Bad, nasty groupies. Talk about you but still buy your records.

God Of Troll

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

Are Trolls actually Groupies?  I can't see how that's possible.  Somebody want to call Iggy Pop and ask?

Sign in to follow this