Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Adalbertt

Free Duke of York?

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
0 posts

The reward for completing Battle of The North Cape missions is a Duke of York Battleship. Task 5 in every mission requires the Duke of York to be played. It is possible to finish missions by getting tasks 1 - 4 completed by playing other ships. Looks like playing with Duke of York can get missions completed faster and easier. Since the main prize is the Duke of York, what is the point of purchasing it to grind those missions faster with it? If someone wants the ship for free, he is not going to buy the ship to grind those missions. If someone have purchased the ship, he is not going to grind the missions to get what he already owns. Wargaming's logic is often hard to understand. Possibly this event was created by a team where there was no coordination between team members.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,147
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,174 posts
18,873 battles

Go to the premium shop and buy one. Problem of the extra tasks solved. You get the value of the ship in silver after completing the mission. You also get containers for the collection for every campaign part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,720
[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles
22 minutes ago, Adalbertt said:

The reward for completing Battle of The North Cape missions is a Duke of York Battleship. Task 5 in every mission requires the Duke of York to be played. It is possible to finish missions by getting tasks 1 - 4 completed by playing other ships. Looks like playing with Duke of York can get missions completed faster and easier. Since the main prize is the Duke of York, what is the point of purchasing it to grind those missions faster with it? If someone wants the ship for free, he is not going to buy the ship to grind those missions. If someone have purchased the ship, he is not going to grind the missions to get what he already owns. Wargaming's logic is often hard to understand. Possibly this event was created by a team where there was no coordination between team members.

You can repeat the other tasks for the stars you need but you only get the prize the first time.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,453
[O_O]
Members
4,397 posts
9,512 battles

This campaign is set up exactly the same as several other previous campaigns that involved free reward ships.

You can buy the premium ship and complete the campaign faster, but you will be paying for a ship that you could have won for free.  You will also be able to immediately begin the second campaign that requires Duke of York to even begin.

Or, you can work on the campaign for free.  To finish a stage you need to earn the required pins, or stars, by completing tasks.  Once you have completed a task, you can re-do that same task for more pins/stars, but you will not receive a second prize for that task.  You could complete each stage by completing only one task within over and over. 

So, no, you DO NOT need Duke of York to complete the campaign "Battle of the North Cape".

You DO need Duke of York to complete the campaign "New Year Raid".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
568
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,769 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You can repeat the other tasks for the stars you need but you only get the prize the first time.

This right here man. If you are newer to the game and not in a clan you prob don't know this as it's not really posted prominently anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,468 posts
6,156 battles
2 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

This right here man. If you are newer to the game and not in a clan you prob don't know this as it's not really posted prominently anywhere.

When you look at any individual task - next top the reward crate is says the following:

"The reward is issues upon first completion" - key word is first....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,034
Members
3,758 posts
13,966 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

You DO need Duke of York to complete the campaign "New Year Raid".

And if you do that, you'll be crunched for time to finish "New Year Raid".

In a nutshell; WG wants us to BUY DoY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
568
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,769 battles
9 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

When you look at any individual task - next top the reward crate is says the following:

"The reward is issues upon first completion" - key word is first....

The reward not the stars to complete the task to move on to the next. You can complete the task multiple times to earn the stars to move on to the next stage. Get all the way to the end get the reward ship and then go back to complete the tasks with the reward ship. Everybody knows this I hasn't changed since they started campaigns with a ship at the end as the reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,898 posts
7,508 battles

As stated all over the place, including in the game, in the campaign, on the tasks, you can repeat any task for the stars, but you get the reward only once. DoY is NOT needed to do BotNC. You can, though, buy it, and then use it IN the campaign to complete it faster.

 

WG just wants us all to buy a horrible ship for an ungodly amount of real money. Hey, WG, want to know how many DoY's I've seen today? One. The playerbase is finally wising up to how you do things, and they really don't like how it's being done. But, you've got SC's to make your money, DoY isn't really going to lose you any money. probably why you're doing it this way, you know it's not worth any real money.

Edited by Th3KrimzonD3mon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,453
[O_O]
Members
4,397 posts
9,512 battles

They gave away Graf Spee this way.  She is worth the money.

Ultimately, it's a free ship.  It may be 'meh', it may be 'garbage'.  It's still free.  It drums up interest in the player base.  I give WG a thumbs up for the campaigns and the rewards.  I am not going to buy Duke of York, but I fully intend to earn her and go on to complete the 2nd campaign and earn the camo for Scharnhorst.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,228
[PVE]
Members
5,595 posts
18,173 battles
33 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

They gave away Graf Spee this way.  She is worth the money.

Ultimately, it's a free ship.  It may be 'meh', it may be 'garbage'.  It's still free.  It drums up interest in the player base.  I give WG a thumbs up for the campaigns and the rewards.  I am not going to buy Duke of York, but I fully intend to earn her and go on to complete the 2nd campaign and earn the camo for Scharnhorst.

I agree, am glad the campaign is in the game although as always I am going to gripe about no path to finish it in co-op. You are so right though, it sparks interest in the game and gets people motivated to play and that is a good thing for the game. She may be a "mehbote" but I want it and am going to grind myself to death in PvP to get her and the other rewards. Just don't ask me how I am doing in the game I am liable to tell you the truth! Good luck to everyone working the campaigns and if you see me on the red team, DON'T SHOOT ME BRO, DON"T SHOOT ME! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
106
[BSL]
Members
739 posts
14,556 battles
37 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

They gave away Graf Spee this way.  She is worth the money.

Ultimately, it's a free ship.  It may be 'meh', it may be 'garbage'.  It's still free.  It drums up interest in the player base.  I give WG a thumbs up for the campaigns and the rewards.  I am not going to buy Duke of York, but I fully intend to earn her and go on to complete the 2nd campaign and earn the camo for Scharnhorst.

^this^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,468 posts
6,156 battles
57 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

They gave away Graf Spee this way.  She is worth the money.

Ultimately, it's a free ship.  It may be 'meh', it may be 'garbage'.  It's still free.  It drums up interest in the player base.  I give WG a thumbs up for the campaigns and the rewards.  I am not going to buy Duke of York, but I fully intend to earn her and go on to complete the 2nd campaign and earn the camo for Scharnhorst.

And the Spee is not garbage or meh - actually quite a good ship.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,228
[PVE]
Members
5,595 posts
18,173 battles
3 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

And the Spee is not garbage or meh - actually quite a good ship.  :)

She is a tough one to master, not quite cruiser, not quite battleship. I tend to get in trouble if playing a bit aggressively and end up fighting a DD as the reload time of the guns is so long. She is a good ship in the hands of a skilled player for sure. In the hands of a potato like me, notsomuch....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,468 posts
6,156 battles
30 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

She is a tough one to master, not quite cruiser, not quite battleship. I tend to get in trouble if playing a bit aggressively and end up fighting a DD as the reload time of the guns is so long. She is a good ship in the hands of a skilled player for sure. In the hands of a potato like me, notsomuch....

She is one of the few ships I do well in and I am very average.  I do wish she had another turret or 2 shells but for some reason I can just work with her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,228
[PVE]
Members
5,595 posts
18,173 battles
40 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

She is one of the few ships I do well in and I am very average.  I do wish she had another turret or 2 shells but for some reason I can just work with her.

I think sometimes a player and his play style just click with a certain ship. I think another turret would ruin her figure! But yeah getting lead downrange is slow business sometimes. Good luck with her!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[PT-SD]
[PT-SD]
Members
104 posts
9,813 battles

Well it does not take a rocket scientist to realize it is all about MONEY.  

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,012
[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,357 battles
1 minute ago, hardtodie said:

Well it does not take a rocket scientist to realize it is all about MONEY.  

You can get the ship for free, a $44 value for free, and you claim it's all about the money,   Where do you people come from? what schools do you go to to be this..   ( fill in your own Adjective here )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[PT-SD]
[PT-SD]
Members
104 posts
9,813 battles

are you totally brain dead. not all people play random battles so for them they musts

buy the ship. so unless you have a clue what people are talking about go play in your sandbox 

with your Tonka Truck.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,900
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,833 posts
13,050 battles
19 hours ago, Adalbertt said:

If someone have purchased the ship, he is not going to grind the missions to get what he already owns.

Each task has its own rewards, including all those credits when you get when you finish and get the DoY you already own.

For those that run Premium time and need to stock up on Doubloons, the package deal DoY makes it a $10.00 ship...or a free ship  and a $10.00 flag.

The extra rewards provided by the DoY tasks (and the other missions) easily surpass $10.00 over the next month or so.

Not to mention one can complete it all at leisurely pace as opposed to the proverbial "grind".  Although not of direct monetary value, for those who hate a stressed grind....that is a value as well.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×