You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fyeris

25% Ship Drop Rate in Mega Gift Containers

27 comments in this topic

[WISCO]
Beta Testers
18 posts
2,650 battles

Here is my video for my 20 Santa's Mega Gifts opening. I got 4 ships, and 3 were back to back. That gives about a 25% drop rate for ships in the mega containers. Good luck all, enjoy the video, may your bilge pumps be merry, and your HE bright.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,192 posts
18,937 battles

Not a sample size for a proof. Everything under let‘s say 500 is random. I have a few ships with a 100 WR since I only play them once. Doesn’t mean I am good with them. Over 59% WR with 800 battles in my Scharnhorst tells me I got a idea how to use that ship.

[CRMSN]
Members
147 posts
12,411 battles

I have bought 25 of the big ones, and 20 of the medium ones and only gotten 2 ships...so???

[INTEL]
Members
6,671 posts
25,818 battles

Got one ship in 20 crates. Huang Meh. Not great but I did not have it so ok.

Last year I got 12 Emden (I already had one) so it meant lots of gold. I still have lots of 10-pt unused German captains in reserve from that.

Edited by alexf24

[ARGSY]
5,192 posts
18,937 battles

40 3$ crates: 2 T8 and 3 T6. Still I wouldn’t say you get a minimum of 1 ship per 10 crates. There are enough people who got no ship out of 20 3$ crates.

Members
821 posts
6,190 battles
25 minutes ago, Fyeris said:

Here is my video for my 20 Santa's Mega Gifts opening. I got 4 ships, and 3 were back to back. That gives about a 25% drop rate for ships in the mega containers. Good luck all, enjoy the video, may your bilge pumps be merry, and your HE bright.

i got two. lol

[-DPF-]
Members
769 posts
8,225 battles

I got only 1 ship from a 20 pack, which is a 5% drop rate.  Clearly there is significant variance!

Members
1,459 posts
12,365 battles

Not having opened any, but having 20 mega boxes waiting, I am all supportive of a possible 25% drop rate, will dance with glee if your drop rate holds for my boxes as well

[ARGSY]
5,192 posts
18,937 battles
1 minute ago, Panzer1113 said:

Not having opened any, but having 20 mega boxes waiting, I am all supportive of a possible 25% drop rate, will dance with glee if your drop rate holds for my boxes as well

RNG is still RNG.

[TURDS]
Members
595 posts
3,992 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

RNG is still RNG.

Yes, and a more fickle beast you will not encounter. Plotted over the 2 year history of WOWS, every event influenced by RNG probably does graph out on a curve. The short string of twenty or so #'s one person gets for crates can look pretty damn spiteful looked at in isolation. Your Mileage Will Always Vary.  

[PLAY]
Beta Testers
1 post
3,679 battles

20 mega crates, 1 ship (Gallant), 18 crates with flags, 1 with 2k dubloons, what a waste of money, pretty pissed.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,688 posts
3,833 battles

1st 20 mega crates - 4 ships

2nd 20 mega crates - 7 ships

hmmmmm should I go for a third?

Members
29 posts
885 battles

One 20 pack of mega crates:

No ships (sad panda)

6000 dubs

120 flags

240 frosty camos

45 Type 59 camos

I wanted so bad to try again, but will go back to $3 packs if I get anymore.

[PVE]
Members
1,608 posts
6,767 battles

math wise its more like 20% not 25%, still not bad, but it does not seem to hold water for everyone that is buying the boxes, its more random, seems to be a much better return on the $3. boxes, while still not a guarantee, it is more comforting to not get something on a batch of $3. boxes than it is on a batch of $5. ones. congrats though!

[WOLFA]
Members
90 posts
13,167 battles
On 20/12/2017 at 7:23 PM, Fyeris said:

Actually, NO. And worst, in 2016-17 if you have any luck maybe the crate drop a Ship you already have, and got gold, this year see many videos and in no one happens. Only flags and camos. No duplicates, 0, nada. o7 

Edited by Mala_suerte71

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles

I had 5 mega crates and got no ships.  So might as well be 0%.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,778 posts
5,809 battles
On 12/20/2017 at 5:45 PM, Erebthoron said:

40 3$ crates: 2 T8 and 3 T6. Still I wouldn’t say you get a minimum of 1 ship per 10 crates. There are enough people who got no ship out of 20 3$ crates.

I got twenty 3$ crates and received 1 T5 russian DD, the Okh.....  I did get 6,000 dubloons tho so Im not complaining. I already have half a dozen prem ships although I wouldnt have said no to a Hood or Enterprise :)

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
On 12/20/2017 at 5:23 PM, Fyeris said:

I opened 40 Mega Rates mine was 10%. I did better with the Big ones.

Members
31 posts
6,712 battles

I bought 40 Mega crates y only had 2 ships, Lo Yang and a Sims. Also 180 premiun days, 10k doublons, some special flags  and a lots and lots of  cammos.... nearly 300.