Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iRambL

Not exactly Christmas Spirit WarGaming

21 comments in this topic

[90TH]
Members
49 posts
5,198 battles

Seriously? Last year I remember a better deal on stuff in game. Ships were on sale, Christmas crates seemed to have less flags and better odds for ships, and fairly sure I saw an XP conversion sale. Seriously no XP conversion sale? I have been saving for that not Christmas crates. I wish they would formally announce it during the holiday season instead of only popping for Christmas crates and a sale on the Alabama that's it.

• Bad 1

[OPEC]
Members
946 posts
5,108 battles

There are a bunch of new premiums on the tech tree now and they are on sale for doubloons (at a discount).

[90TH]
Members
49 posts
5,198 battles

Would prefer an XP conversion sale during Christmas than more ship sales. Or better yet release all ships once available for premium to be sold all at the same time.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,192 posts
18,932 battles
1 minute ago, delp5117 said:

There are a bunch of new premiums on the tech tree now and they are on sale for doubloons (at a discount).

They even kept the old ones this time. Was happy to find the Hood and Kaga for 30% off. I had 17k gold and hoped they were on sale at Black Friday but both were excluded. 

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
Members
2,140 posts
6,826 battles
3 minutes ago, iRambL said:

Would prefer an XP conversion sale during Christmas than more ship sales. Or better yet release all ships once available for premium to be sold all at the same time.

There's always something to complain about.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,192 posts
18,932 battles
3 minutes ago, iRambL said:

There are more or less all ships now on sale in the techtree. Only the latest 3 and those who were removed are not in the techtree.

[OPEC]
Members
946 posts
5,108 battles
1 minute ago, enderland07 said:

Yep - like I only got 10K Free XP and 50 Zulu Flags out of the two free Santa's Legion boxes.  Come on! I wanted 10K Free XP and the 300 doubloons that other people got!  Jeez...

• Funny 1

[90TH]
Members
49 posts
5,198 battles
3 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Why is it bad to have an XP conversion sale along side ship sales? Offers more for Wargaming to sell.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,140 posts
6,826 battles
Just now, iRambL said:

Why is it bad to have an XP conversion sale along side ship sales? Offers more for Wargaming to sell.

Well if I was a WG employee and knew we were planning on moving the Missouri off the main offerings... I might just think, "hey, that would be a good time for an xp conversion sale!"

[90TH]
Members
49 posts
5,198 battles
3 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Well if I was a WG employee and knew we were planning on moving the Missouri off the main offerings... I might just think, "hey, that would be a good time for an xp conversion sale!"

All comes down to greed.

• Bad 1

[MIA-A]
Members
2,140 posts
6,826 battles
Just now, iRambL said:

All comes down to greed.

Well, if I were a WG employee... I would be glad my company tried to pay me my paychecks. You can call that greed if you like.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
9,051 posts

I'm sure there will be a conversion discount sometime in the next 2 months before the MO leaves in order to get more people to convert.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,249 posts
12,800 battles
48 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Welcome to human nature.

[DEP]
Members
172 posts
13,575 battles

Still pissed they screwed us out of they 360 day premium sale. They threw in a bunch of flags (that i don't want to pay for) and tell us all its at a big reduction...which is [edited]. If WG wants to encourage people to spend they are gonna have to make it worth their while.

[YORHA]
Members
3,353 posts
19 hours ago, enderland07 said:

Well if I were an WG employee and knew we had a shiny big new free XP ship coming (coughMUSASHIcough) I might just think "hey, let's hold off on the xp conversion sale until it releases so we can get a lot of them in game".

But that's just 40 years of sales and marketing experience talking.

[HEROS]
Members
1,431 posts
12,071 battles

Well!  Once again it is proven that there are two types of folks in the world, positive thinkers, and negative thinkers.

Lets see, I don't recall seeing last year a price reduction of doubloon costs for premium tech tree ships. You have looked at the in game tech tree yes?  And then theres the santa crates in $1,$3, and $5 increatement, with a additional discount of you buy them in lots of 5 or even better 20 crates.   let see now, I've received 10 of the $3 boxes and gotten 3 premium ships, and sufficient doubloons to pick up 2 more so that's 5 premium ships I got yesterday, oh and cammo, and some flags (dragon flags WOOT!).  Yea not to bad.. Only  $26 and change for what would normally be about $70-$120 for ships, cammo, and signals.  And this is not an exceptional result.  From the guys in my (new) clan this is about normal...Lots of cool stuff for far less then you would normally pay for such.  Pretty doggone generous.  Very very very VERY generous compared to lets say and Blizzard Activision MMO, PWI MMO, EA MMO, and Sony title.. and the list goes on and on and on with any other online game you care to name.

In point of fact if you can name any online game company that's more generous come the holidays I'd really like to know about it!  Because I sure don't!  ANd I follow the industry (no I don't have anything better to do, I'm over the age 60 and I'm retired!

in 2 years I've received 22 premium ships counting the ARP collection but even without those thats still  13 ships. And in all that tie I've never once paid "directly" for a premium ship.   And this is the second season of their rather generous Santa crates which put every other "holiday" give/away/discount/special offer by any other online game I've heard of totally to shame with the generosity they regularly show.  Pretty doggone nice for a company owned by a russian capitalist.  Gotta love the Russians.  They "lost" the cold war, changed government type, embraced democracy (more or less, mostly more) and became capitalists over the last 25 some years. And have over all shown them selves to be far less greedy then their american, and European/western counterparts.  

Please to recall Wargaming.net is a business.   A very generous business.  And they don't do it for the PR.. they do it because they love what they do and it's more then a living to them.   

Some of the other MMO's I play are more focused on ways to separate you from your money while giving you back as little as possible.  And in the case of corps like Activision/Blizzard, Atari, EA, PWI and more when I say as little as possible I really do mean As Little As Possible!  Sure there a little bit of a crap shoot with thngs like santa crates it, but it's really minor because the one thing that will happen is you will get something of use/value in game for your efforts.  They're not perfect (I've a thread else where on one of those less the perfect things, but I also believe they'll likely go "oh! Right!" and do something about it.  It just appears to be the way they roll, and its pretty strongly supported by what we've seen out of them.  Feel free to compare them to lets say Star Trek Onlines loot moxes which require a "key" costing $1.25 to open, have absolutly atrocious return rates, have their payout tables regularly messed with to drive sales and thats when they're not  announcing reward from them granted to players that never opened said loot boxes or recieved said rewards.  ie, lying to their customers out right.

SO yea, please, less whining.  And drop the attitude, it's getting in your way.  And it makes ya look like a blithering idiot childe to anyone who is actually paying attention.

• Cool 3

[WAG]
Members
394 posts
7,551 battles
20 hours ago, iRambL said:

Seriously? Last year I remember a better deal on stuff in game. Ships were on sale, Christmas crates seemed to have less flags and better odds for ships, and fairly sure I saw an XP conversion sale. Seriously no XP conversion sale? I have been saving for that not Christmas crates. I wish they would formally announce it during the holiday season instead of only popping for Christmas crates and a sale on the Alabama that's it.

I got a lot more doubloons in my crates this year. That coupled with the discount in the tech tree (up to 50%), means I get to pick the "free ships" rather than get ships directly from containers that I don't want/will never play. Then again, I also got a Scharnhorst from a $3 container, so I'm not complainer there either.

[HEROS]
Members
1,431 posts
12,071 battles
20 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

They even kept the old ones this time. Was happy to find the Hood and Kaga for 30% off. I had 17k gold and hoped they were on sale at Black Friday but both were excluded. 

and let us add that if your getting extra doubloons from santa crates (like I did, woot!) your getting those ship for likely a lot less then the typical _30% black friday prices...  I opened 10 of the $3 crates got 3 ships and nuff extra doubloons to go pick up an Aurora (which I sold off previously) and a Krasny Krim (which is just silly fun even if it get citidel'd if someone looks cross eyed at it!) so lets see, $26 and change for 5 premium ships.....that beats the crap outta any black friday sale.. and if you should roll a "duplicate" ship they give the value in doubloons! whch would have run at least $60 otherwise  (other ships were Graf Spee, Arizona and Ohotnik)

I have very limited money to spend, and this has got to be THE single most generous "free to play" MMO in the market place.  World of tanks may be more so but then Wot has far far far more tanks then WoWS has ships.   

Advice: Spend doubloons on discounted low tier ships of the tech tree if your going to spend a butt load on santa crates.. and don't seelll any off untill after the even ends.  That way if you do roll a dup, you get the doubloons instead!  If you read the copy the games loot tables on the crates are going to more often then not NOT give you a dup, but a ship you haven't gotten yet.  I know one crazed deep pocketed person who's received some where around 22 ships plus 8 duplicates (which he got doubloons for instead) so far..  He'd pop'd for the pack of 20x$3 crates ($40 and change) twice and received around $300 of premium ships.  I only spent 26 and change and came out of the deal with 5 ships.  3 from crates, two discounted off the tech tree.

If this were an EA game you would get NOTHING. other then some cosmetic stuff.  I also play SWTOR and I know of what I speak!  Thsi years "free" holiday stuff only included a single brand new item

[WGA]
Administrator
697 posts
251 battles

Please use one of the existing topics on this subject to discuss it.  Thanks!