Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gruntdog_3

Situational Awareness

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

79
[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,850 battles

I have again hit an ally with a torp, about ten minutes ago.

SitRep: New Mex., Bismarck, self, Prinz E. only. I have already been hammered by B'marck. NM is a distance away, so I torp B'marck with ONE launcher. I put in chat 'Torps out. NM does nothing, not even reply. sails straight. Put in chat again after around <2 seconds, "NM turn left". NM does nothing, drives straight on, still no comms, one torp hits NM's bow, but just. So I get a penalty, not a TK. All NM had to do was either slow down or turn to port. Had plenty warning, but no. So that is my fault? Negative. That is NM's fault. The system HAS to be changed otherwise we will all become 'Wait and see what happens" players and loose. For those of you who are gonna tell me I am at fault "Kilo. Mike. Alpha.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,377
[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

Your torps are your responsibility. It is not the responsibility of an ally to pay attention to them. When I'm in a duel with an enemy I don't often have time and attention to watch chat until I have finished the enemy.  Launching torps behind allies is a no no.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,577 battles

Totally hear you bud just had a game told players turn port will be launching torps into smoke with BB and cruisers in it range was about 6 km 2 BB say thanks turn port 1 drives into every possible torp berfore he is dead and me as well even the other players chastised him because it was not only completely his fault but those torps where gunna hit enemy  ships some people are buffons what can you do and yep that drop drop could have one gam,e instead we down 2 ships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,850 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Your torps are your responsibility. It is not the responsibility of an ally to pay attention to them. When I'm in a duel with an enemy I don't often have time and attention to watch chat until I have finished the enemy.  Launching torps behind allies is a no no.

This was a LONG way in FRONT. As far as launching torps behind an ally, I have never  done that. It happens often in my experience, and the best way to deal with it is to stay on course. I do not like, nor agree with it, but it happens. The obvious Q from my part is how close do you get to your enemy? Either way, do not think that I play like you. To me there is no such thing as a 'kill steal', it is a team game. Next obvious point is when I see allied torps heading in my direction, in YOUR opinion I should drive into them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,577 battles
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Your torps are your responsibility. It is not the responsibility of an ally to pay attention to them. When I'm in a duel with an enemy I don't often have time and attention to watch chat until I have finished the enemy.  Launching torps behind allies is a no no.

Situational awareness is everyones responsibility how often I have seen BB dodge almost every enemy torp shot at them and the drive strait into allied torps that where visible whole time they launched that is pretty dumb if you ask me and to say DD shot torps from Behind is ROFL DD shot torps that is all they shoot for most part what did you expect it to do??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,850 battles
3 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

Totally hear you bud just had a game told players turn port will be launching torps into smoke with BB and cruisers in it range was about 6 km 2 BB say thanks turn port 1 drives into every possible torp berfore he is dead and me as well even the other players chastised him because it was not only completely his fault but those torps where gunna hit enemy  ships some people are buffons what can you do and yep that drop drop could have one gam,e instead we down 2 ships

Tx for the understanding. Most BB drivers are good and acknowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
971
Members
4,545 posts
6,437 battles

You cannot depend on your team mates to avoid your torps just by using chat. Most are focused on something else than chat. It's on you not to launch if there is a chance of hitting your mates. This is and always has been the unwritten rule.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,577 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

You cannot depend on your team mates to avoid your torps just by using chat. Most are focused on something else than chat. It's on you not to launch if there is a chance of hitting your mates. This is and always has been the unwritten rule.

Its  rule that will cost you game if all you have to do is look at chat to break rule

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,850 battles
5 minutes ago, dmckay said:

You cannot depend on your team mates to avoid your torps just by using chat. Most are focused on something else than chat. It's on you not to launch if there is a chance of hitting your mates. This is and always has been the unwritten rule.

Rules are made for the GUIDENCE of the wise and OBEYANCE by fools!

Further, if you are so locked on to your target, then you have NO Situational Awareness.

Edited by Gruntdog_3
Error on my part.
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,377
[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

I have moved into caps before to contest it and I see enemy torps coming so I move to avoid, not realizing that an ally has launched a wave so I dont' know they are coming. Then I'm maintaining a good angle on the enemy to tank damage when I realize allied torps are coming in. So do I either take the allied torps or turn broadside and open myself up to enemy fire? You see your allies should not have to move to avoid your torps as you are forcing them into dangerous positions. Do not launch torps if an ally could run into them. I know mistakes happen and we misjudge a spread we thought our allies couldnt possibly get hit by,  but man up,take responsibility for your actions, apologize, and move on.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,850 battles

Two things Rip, I forgot that being Airborne and playing in X wars is not the background of a man. Secondly, If I screw up I admit and apologize.

As an aside, what I am trying to put over is that WG is always pushing for aggressive play. Well don't penalize folks like me who do play aggressively because  some other player has Target Fixation and NO Situational Awareness as a result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
971
Members
4,545 posts
6,437 battles
5 hours ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Rules are made for the GUIDENCE of the wise and OBEYANCE by fools!

Further, if you are so locked on to your target, then you have NO Situational Awareness.

Foolish retort.  It's sooooooooooooooooooooooo simple. IF there is any change of killing yer mates..........don't torp.  Is this too simple for you?  U seem very arrogant.  GET OUTTA MY WAY! :Smile-angry:  Your types kinda FREAK me out.  Total blame sifters. It's ALLLLLLL their fault.  F------------grow up. 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
396 posts
9,434 battles
19 hours ago, dmckay said:

Foolish retort.  It's sooooooooooooooooooooooo simple. IF there is any change of killing yer mates..........don't torp.  Is this too simple for you?  U seem very arrogant.  GET OUTTA MY WAY! :Smile-angry:  Your types kinda FREAK me out.  Total blame sifters. It's ALLLLLLL their fault.  F------------grow up. 

Pretty much this...

Hey BB, get out of my way I'm sending torps wherever I want to.... I don't care if you have to slow down, making yourself an easier to hit enemy target. I don't care if you have to turn, possibly opening up your broadside to the enemy or taking your turrets out of action... My torps are off cool down and I'm sending them and its your bad situational awareness if they hit you not mine.  

Whats better than having to dodge enemy torps? I know.... friendly torps!

 

Launching torps into friendlies has nothing to do with being aggressive. I'm a very aggressive DD player and in my 9000+ games I've only had 1-2 torps hit friendlies and that was 2+ years ago.

Being aggressive also doesn't mean being the first to die.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
971
Members
4,545 posts
6,437 battles
1 hour ago, bewbs_ said:

Pretty much this...

Hey BB, get out of my way I'm sending torps wherever I want to.... I don't care if you have to slow down, making yourself an easier to hit enemy target. I don't care if you have to turn, possibly opening up your broadside to the enemy or taking your turrets out of action... My torps are off cool down and I'm sending them and its your bad situational awareness if they hit you not mine.  

Whats better than having to dodge enemy torps? I know.... friendly torps!

 

Launching torps into friendlies has nothing to do with being aggressive. I'm a very aggressive DD player and in my 9000+ games I've only had 1-2 torps hit friendlies and that was 2+ years ago.

Being aggressive also doesn't mean being the first to die.

Fine.  Glad you have only hit a couple.  That's good. I see you are a pretty decent player. Carry on. I still do not like having to watch out for friendly torps that have been fired from long silly ranges. That's me. But it is part of the game. We can agree on that.

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,577 battles
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:51 PM, dmckay said:

Foolish retort.  It's sooooooooooooooooooooooo simple. IF there is any change of killing yer mates..........don't torp.  Is this too simple for you?  U seem very arrogant.  GET OUTTA MY WAY! :Smile-angry:  Your types kinda FREAK me out.  Total blame sifters. It's ALLLLLLL their fault.  F------------grow up. 

not true at all ive saved many BB with close drops fom DD or CV it takes situational awareness is all like the fact he knew I was behind him and I could end that BB so he didn't take my angle away and slowed down and bam torps launched form 3 km away onto target 4.5 = gud teamwork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,191 battles
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:05 PM, Gruntdog_3 said:

So that is my fault?

YES!

You are always responsible for all of the ordinance that you fire. Period. End of Conversation. Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,850 battles
13 hours ago, Umikami said:

YES!

You are always responsible for all of the ordinance that you fire. Period. End of Conversation. Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Copied UmiK, we, my two hamsters and I, agree to disagree. Best to you over season.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×