You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SmokinCAT

HE module damage.

5 comments in this topic

Members
373 posts
5,786 battles

With the increase in popularity of CVs here recently, why is it okay for high tier BB HE to be able to wipe 2/3s of a ships AA off in one salvo?

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,484 battles

There is an upgrade that increases survivability of your AA modules.  Perhaps you might consider that.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,014 posts
8,240 battles

You can get double AA survival, but given the sheer HE spam, it won't make much difference.

I have that module on my Yamato. It doesn't make a difference in my AA's survival--still lose AA mounts more or less same way.

Members
373 posts
5,786 battles
11 minutes ago, Reymu said:

You can get double AA survival, but given the sheer HE spam, it won't make much difference.

I have that module on my Yamato. It doesn't make a difference in my AA's survival--still lose AA mounts more or less same way.

My thoughts are that I find it more important to try and keep the main guns intact and firing more so than the AA, but on a ship that is basically balanced around its AA like Iowa or Montana that really is difficult, its the silly 1/4  HE pen ships that really take their toll on the AA.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,309 battles
3 minutes ago, SmokinCAT said:

My thoughts are that I find it more important to try and keep the main guns intact and firing more so than the AA, but on a ship that is basically balanced around its AA like Iowa or Montana that really is difficult, its the silly 1/4  HE pen ships that really take their toll on the AA.

They could easily fix it by making the 1/4 HE pens only apply to the hull and deck