You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

New horn to toot.

25 comments in this topic

Members
4,566 posts
6,503 battles

Do you like this?  I do thus far...but just tried it only in co-op.  Think it will help with collisions? 

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,061 battles

I haven't used it yet but I don't it will help with collisions. I think it is not a good idea to add. I can imagine the spam of it being annoying.

[WGA]
Administrator
696 posts
251 battles

I don't think we're banking on it necessarily improving gameplay (avoiding collisions) but more add some flavor for the holiday season.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
15 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Do you like this?  I do thus far...but just tried it only in co-op.  Think it will help with collisions? 

4 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

I don't think we're banking on it necessarily improving gameplay (avoiding collisions) but more add some flavor for the holiday season.

Well I like the idea, and Radar_X pass on my thanks for coming up with it. And a way turn off if we want too, I hope it stays after the holiday seasons.

Members
4,566 posts
6,503 battles
12 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

I haven't used it yet but I don't it will help with collisions. I think it is not a good idea to add. I can imagine the spam of it being annoying.

Well in the 1 match I played all were honking at first but then the novelty wore off and it stopped. We shall see. 

Members
4,566 posts
6,503 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Well I like the idea, and Radar_X pass on my thanks for coming up with it. And a way turn off if we want too, I hope it stays after the holiday seasons.

I see you are from Sabina.  Speed trap!  Heh.  I went to Reesville elementary back in the, ahem, 1950's. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

I see you are from Sabina.  Speed trap!  Heh.  I went to Reesville elementary back in the, ahem, 1950's. 

Cool, I went to Massieville Elementary in the, ahem 1960's.:cap_haloween:

[NDA]
[NDA]
Supertester
6,188 posts
4,746 battles
26 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

Probably gonna use it for a day for the novelty and then turn it off via the options.

The Iwaki has some techno buzz, then ho ho ho...

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

I haven't been in game to try out the horn as of yet.  But I have a feeling that this is going to drive everybody up the wall eventually.  We are probably going to see Rant posts on the forums sooner or later regarding these now honk able horns in game.  If the new button to press for the horn is H, what happened to the ship information that this use to bring up?

Honk Funny GIF - Honk Funny Lol GIFs

Edited by 0crazy8s0

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,782 battles

Can I disable the sound so I can't hear it?

[-POI-]
Members
62 posts
2,848 battles

I still get the ship information when I press H so I haven't figured out how to sound the horn. Can someone help me out here? 

[NDA]
[NDA]
Supertester
6,188 posts
4,746 battles
8 minutes ago, JM1983 said:

I still get the ship information when I press H so I haven't figured out how to sound the horn. Can someone help me out here? 

It's the N key by default, not H.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,964 posts
1,487 battles
20 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

Can I disable the sound so I can't hear it?

Yes.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

My Edinburgh sounded like a giant dose of Santa flatulence. I then thought back to the video - could we really nuke ourselves from tooting our own horn too much? Kinda like the "too much - go blind" sayings? Hmm... requires some investigation. 

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,872 posts
4,752 battles

After I blast someone I can toot my horn at them for added salt.

f3291f37340b81d6913cc19770731b65--jw-funny-funny-jokes.jpg

[REVY]
Members
954 posts
7,519 battles
1 hour ago, jager_geist said:

1 hour ago, dmckay said:

Well in the 1 match I played all were honking at first but then the novelty wore off and it stopped. We shall see. 

51 minutes ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

I haven't been in game to try out the horn as of yet.  But I have a feeling that this is going to drive everybody up the wall eventually.  We are probably going to see Rant posts on the forums sooner or later regarding these now honk able horns in game. 

Consider how obnoxious we find the 'short boat Captains' that constantly spam chat messages all game long. You'd think they would also tire of hitting that function key, but nope, 10 minutes in they're still hammering away.

I see the horns quickly becoming as obnoxious, the only saving grace being we can turn them off. When can we turn off Chat messeges? Can we get a button for that too?

[PSP]
Members
6,313 posts
8,935 battles
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

I had no idea what I was hearing at first. I guess I sort of expected a blaring klaxon warning.  However, those subtle wails and "ho ho ho's" sort of added to the holiday ambiance of my matches this morning.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,233 battles

I was playing my kutu just after patch (like a hour after) and i blared my horn right next to a friendly hipper and i guess i scared him cuz he torped me lul

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I just wish they'd shrink down some of the unneeded UI things so they aren't in the way of playing, especially when in scope mode. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
6 hours ago, dmckay said:

it might if the bots are programmed to turn away ;-) 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,473 posts
2,414 battles
7 hours ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

I haven't been in game to try out the horn as of yet.  But I have a feeling that this is going to drive everybody up the wall eventually.  We are probably going to see Rant posts on the forums sooner or later regarding these now honk able horns in game.

IIRC, you are limited on how many time you can use it in a brief period.  I don't anticipate much spamming.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I like the horns. Not to be a Scrooge but I could do without the hohoho nonsense after every horn. 

I like the different notes- overall it's okay. Like someone else said a bunch of people blast the horn at the beginning and then it tapers off. 

Members
566 posts
1,461 battles
9 hours ago, jager_geist said:

There's a cooldown for the horn if i read correct on the patch notes.