Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ju87s

Herr Derrp: Be First To Spot German BB While In RNCL

16 comments in this topic

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,462 battles

Seriously, who comes up with these asinine missions? Do they even play the game? There's no skill to it at all- just complete dumb luck. For this to happen, I have to spawn on a side that either has no DD, an AFK DD, or a shitter that doesn't sail ahead and spot. I then have to hope that no other cruiser can sail out ahead of me. I then have to be lucky enough that a German BB happens to be heading to the side I spawned at. I then have to yolo rush straight ahead towards the enemy in the most fragile line of cruisers in the game. Why not make it "sink a German BB with a British Cruiser?" Hell, even "Hit a German BB with torps," would be acceptable. Instead we're given "Rush out to suicide and hope the stars align for you."

Alpha Tester
2,307 posts
4,463 battles

How about do the other missions and repeat them for the same stars and just accept that luck plays a part in everything.

As it happens, I did that in my first game with Belfast and then got that star again in the second game.

Life sucks and then you die.. 

M

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

If you really wanna complain about something - how about complaining about the unpublished odds of winning any specific items in those Santa crates. 

• Cool 1

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,462 battles
4 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

If you really wanna complain about something - how about complaining about the unpublished odds of winning any specific items in those Santa crates. 

Already did!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
1 hour ago, Ju87s said:

Seriously, who comes up with these asinine missions? Do they even play the game?

Well I know what LWM told me when I was belly-aching about the Clan Battles.

DONT PLAY!

[NG-NL]
Members
5,038 posts
8,298 battles

That mission was too easy.

You just fire MB, DD sees you, KMS BB opens up, the MB fire causes you to detect him.

• Cool 2

[5IN]
Members
1,793 posts
8,159 battles

2 hours ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

How about do the other missions and repeat them for the same stars and just accept that luck plays a part in everything.

As it happens, I did that in my first game with Belfast and then got that star again in the second game.

Life sucks and then you die.. 

M

Well put my friend. :Smile_honoring:

B

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,880 posts
4,757 battles

right so yolo swag into the open and spot a bunch of ships....

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Exactly what I did Dr_Venture... managed to survive too - heck I outran our DD to the middle cap of three. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,238 posts
14,665 battles
13 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

right so yolo swag into the open and spot a bunch of ships....

I really hope my teammates aren't going to do this for that mission...

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,966 posts
1,487 battles
15 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Exactly what I did Dr_Venture... managed to survive too - heck I outran our DD to the middle cap of three. 

Yeah over modest distances RNCL's can outrun anything from a standing start.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
34 minutes ago, Carl said:

Yeah over modest distances RNCL's can outrun anything from a standing start.

Funny you should say that... cause it's pretty much true... iirc, they don't lose speed in turns like other ships. Playing the Edinburgh makes me think I just might have to put my 19pt cmdr from my rarely played Minotaurd into the Eden for the next Ranked season. 

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,966 posts
1,487 battles

Nope they don;t lose speed in turns, (or rather once the rudder is full over he accelerate back to full), and they accelerate better than any other ships too. So they can steal 10's of seconds lead from being at full speed whilst the DD's are still spinning up.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,195 posts
18,949 battles

Depends. Had a Fiji earlier in the other team that asked me if he can spot my Scharnhorst first. I tracked his path, didn’t shot (no good targets anyway at the start of a match) and when he was the closest ship I fired my guns. He got his mission done, I got my hit a cruiser counts and we both were happy. 

Sign in to follow this