You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AMERICANWaRshipper

Penetration Issue

4 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts
1,558 battles

I was playing in a Missouri about 6.7 km from a broadsiding Yamato. I fired at the citadel and got non penetrations. I had a chance to look at the performance of the 16 in guns. At 10000 yds they could penetrate 664 mm of armor. I was approximately 7300 yds. I should have easily citadeled the Yamato. Why did I not get citadel hits?

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles

Screenshots or replay please. Many ships that look broadside are actually shown to be angled on the minimap. Also where were you aiming exactly? (accounting for aiming ticks, reticule used [dynamic or standard)

[VX9]
Members
66 posts
7,460 battles

the only cits I've scored on Yammys are from plunging fire. Yamato don't care what ya shoot at it. It just smiles and waves.

[TIRP]
Members
69 posts
13,592 battles

Nope try firing just below the front turret when Yammy is angled at 40-45% lol. Remember the Hexagonal citadel & use that to your advantage.

If I hadn't deleted the replay I'd show you torpedo buttsex isn't the only suprise for Yamato. Managed 5 cits in one volley shooting one in the rear at around 60 deg. Suprised the heck out of me as I usually do better in my Izumo, than Yamato.

Needless to say he went from High 70K health to dead in one volley. You must have been angled or he was. Pick a better place to aim.....

I figure I either hit the flat area at the back behind turret 3 or most likely penned the angled portion just above the waterline behind the rear turret.

Edited by CJSII