Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

OMG ship horns

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

54
[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
166 posts
6,550 battles

yes omg ship horns, in the new patch you will be able to use ship horns as warning sounds, 

I.e. just another spamming sound to annoy you as we all know the ship warning messages already  can be spammed "ad infinitum", for those that cant read latin, (over and over as long as you want )

is there a real reaon to add this and who really observes a  "Warning" in world of warships, like no one!!!  just another pain in the [edited]feature of no real value that will be spammed to death  IMO.

Use your heads Devs and remove this feature please.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,641
[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,951 battles

I agree - as soon as I saw that in the patch notes, I was like "welp, now I'll have to disable ALL sound."

If there isn't a toggle to turn these needless things off, then somebody is badly overestimating the self-restraint of your average untrained zoo animal that is playing WoWs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[90THC]
Beta Testers
317 posts
4,828 battles

It is limited by a recharge and yes you can toggle it on and off in settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
25 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

yes omg ship horns, in the new patch you will be able to use ship horns as warning sounds, 

I.e. just another spamming sound to annoy you as we all know the ship warning messages already  can be spammed "ad infinitum", for those that cant read latin, (over and over as long as you want )

is there a real reaon to add this and who really observes a  "Warning" in world of warships, like no one!!!  just another pain in the [edited]feature of no real value that will be spammed to death  IMO.

Use your heads Devs and remove this feature please.

With you on this.  Like anyone is going to listed to the horns anyway.  Just remove this now please...  And while you are at it all the other annoying in game chat features that kids like to spam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,264 battles
43 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

yes omg ship horns, in the new patch you will be able to use ship horns as warning sounds, 

I.e. just another spamming sound to annoy you as we all know the ship warning messages already  can be spammed "ad infinitum", for those that cant read latin, (over and over as long as you want )

is there a real reaon to add this and who really observes a  "Warning" in world of warships, like no one!!!  just another pain in the [edited]feature of no real value that will be spammed to death  IMO.

Use your heads Devs and remove this feature please.

pretty sure it's for the holidays...ho ho ho horns.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,307
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
14 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

With you on this.  Like anyone is going to listed to the horns anyway.  Just remove this now please...  And while you are at it all the other annoying in game chat features that kids like to spam. 

But if the new horns are not to your liking, you can disable sounds completely in the Audio settings. To do that, access the Game Menu, select the "Settings" tab, open the "Audio" section and untick the "Enable Ship Horns" field.

If the Ship's Horn sound is disabled in Settings, your ship won't be able to signal with it either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,547
[PSP]
Members
6,241 posts
8,880 battles

I think the idea is a good one. However, I wonder of Wargaming isn't overestimating the maturity of some of its player base. Maybe there also needs to be a "silence the hornblower" option just as there is a chat ban.

If nobody abuses the horn (yeah, right) I think it's a good idea, especially as a "heads up" when torpedoes are launched. Actually, I'd like to see WG go a it farther and put in a specific "torps out' warning. Most of the time in the heat of battle I can't take time to divert my attention long enough to chat in order to warn teammate that I'm launching torps. Not to mention, that the team is probably too busy themselves to read the chat. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

But if the new horns are not to your liking, you can disable sounds completely in the Audio settings. To do that, access the Game Menu, select the "Settings" tab, open the "Audio" section and untick the "Enable Ship Horns" field.

If the Ship's Horn sound is disabled in Settings, your ship won't be able to signal with it either.

Right..  so people will either abuse it, in which most will ignore or think annoying, or will disable it.  So why even have it?  This was a useless add.  I seriously can't envision a scenario where a horn blowing would change anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

I think the idea is a good one. However, I wonder of Wargaming isn't overestimating the maturity of some of its player base. Maybe there also needs to be a "silence the hornblower" option just as there is a chat ban.

If nobody abuses the horn (yeah, right) I think it's a good idea, especially as a "heads up" when torpedoes are launched. Actually, I'd like to see WG go a it farther and put in a specific "torps out' warning. Most of the time in the heat of battle I can't take time to divert my attention long enough to chat in order to warn teammate that I'm launching torps. Not to mention, that the team is probably too busy themselves to read the chat. 

 

 

I like your "torps out" idea.  Been a a few times where I had to launch from behind and it was really hard to get that window and hit the chat to warn team mates not to turn...  Rare..  I adhere to the "NO LAUNCH FROM BEHIND" rule..  gut there are time when you get a shot and you just need to let people know..  hey.. don't make a cut back. 

 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,547
[PSP]
Members
6,241 posts
8,880 battles
1 minute ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I like your "torps out" idea.  Been a a few times where I had to launch from behind and it was really hard to get that window and hit the chat to warn team mates not to turn...

 

I used to live right next to the Springwater Trail in Gresham. The bicyclists on it would ring their bells and call out "to your left" or "to your right" when they passed you. The same went for at least some of the more considerate skiers up on Mt. Hood, though the snowboarders from Portland proper would just run you over. I can relate to your "red state with a blue city" comment too. Even in Mult. county there's a heck of a difference between west county and east county.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

I used to live right next to the Springwater Trail in Gresham. The bicyclists on it would ring their bells and call out "to your left" or "to your right" when they passed you. The same went for at least some of the more considerate skiers up on Mt. Hood, though the snowboarders from Portland proper would just run you over. I can relate to your "red state with a blue city" comment too. Even in Mult. county there's a heck of a difference between west county and east county.  

Yeah pretty common for skiers to call out "on your left..right".    I know you used to be out here.  Oregon, outside of any city that I5 runs though, is a pretty red state. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,307
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
32 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Actually, I'd like to see WG go a it farther and put in a specific "torps out' warning.

I would love to see this also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
875
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,446 posts
8,092 battles
1 hour ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I like your "torps out" idea.  Been a a few times where I had to launch from behind and it was really hard to get that window and hit the chat to warn team mates not to turn...  Rare..  I adhere to the "NO LAUNCH FROM BEHIND" rule..  gut there are time when you get a shot and you just need to let people know..  hey.. don't make a cut back. 

 

Yeah, I do get that as a thing, and an audio warning would be better because, as I've said many times before, even IF I had the chance to look at chat under some of the fire I'm taking, about 80% of the time I can't even read the team chat, or even if they put it in all chat where I can read likely can't see the name. At least for when people are doing it at closer range because I've had a few of late where I went to cut back to dodge a salvo and had to try and slow and change because a cruiser/DD behind me decided to launch torps (unlike you though, they had no good shot). Not including the guy I guess assumed I was going to die attacking 2 ships head on in my Tirpitz that I managed to dodge all 15 of his torps and use the ship I had just killed as a shield o a couple of them. Too bad dodging them put me broadside to a Yamato. :Smile_sceptic: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
137
[MIA-A]
Supertester
505 posts
4,421 battles

this has been known for weeks nows.

 

We covered it in the podcast.

 

Check it out. We usually let you know about major things that are coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×