You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cmdr_raccoon

the Tier 8 French BB

10 comments in this topic

Members
685 posts
5,970 battles

Developers, Supertesters and other special contributors can test French tier III battleship Turenne, French tier IV battleship Courbet, French tier VIII battleship Gascogne, French tier IX battleship Alsace, French tier X battleship France

So aside from the Missouri being removed issue (despite already owning one), which I totally disagree with WG, (it's about principles) but that issue has many threads on it already  so lets not discuss that much... I also noted that bit on the upcoming content for testers.

Just curious to know what people would think on this.

Seems like a selection of a few ships for the upcoming French BB line to be tested. However for the tier 8 they list Gascogne instead of Richelieu (both have been featured on 3rd party youtube channels i think). Does this mean we can expect Gascogne as tech tree and the latter (Richelieu) 1. as a premium and 2. to be released near or around the same time as the French BB line release as a whole? and 3. given the Nelson issue last time, if it is a premium, will it be Free XP ship?

Personally, just like the Scharnhorst and Nelson issues previously, I would have preferred they put in those in tech tree instead of filling up with more fantasy ships (paper ships are ok, but preference for the real) but I'm not gonna make too much fuss about it. I'm sure for some it's hardly a surprise anymore that WG is too scared for the playerbase if an entire line of ships isnt very uniform and very similar, because on the brightside, a premium ship means no need to train new captain (save time) and has better earnings. Also less likely chance of nerf once released.

[TF16]
Members
826 posts
5,105 battles

Expect that any Tier 8 premium will be for money, not for Free XP.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles

That's quite an impressive conclusion you've jumped to.  I'm uncertain why you think Gascogne more likely to the be 'tree' ship.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,771 battles

All I will say is that those 4 gun turrets are wonky as heck.

Members
685 posts
5,970 battles
5 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

That's quite an impressive conclusion you've jumped to.  I'm uncertain why you think Gascogne more likely to the be 'tree' ship.

OF course, it's just my opinion and speculation, but to reply to your statement, it is because of two factors, one is that it appears as if all the French BB being put out for tests seems like a tech tree thing (i could be wrong, but like i said its just what it seems to me) and 2. The Nelson issue and to lesser extent the Scharnhorst issue, where it seems to be a track record of WG to be very skittish and scared of putting in a ship in the tree that is quite different from the rest.

Like I said, it's an opinion, I could end up being wrong, but if that does happen, I'll be quite delighted. :Smile_Default:

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,258 posts
2,029 battles

Gascogne is premium, Richelieu is the line ship.

We've known this since their data went up, Richelieu has upgrades, Gascogne does not.

• Cool 1

Members
685 posts
5,970 battles
6 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

Gascogne is premium, Richelieu is the line ship.

We've known this since their data went up, Richelieu has upgrades, Gascogne does not.

I hope so too.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
49 minutes ago, cmdr_raccoon said:

Seems like a selection of a few ships for the upcoming French BB line to be tested. However for the tier 8 they list Gascogne instead of Richelieu (both have been featured on 3rd party youtube channels i think). Does this mean we can expect Gascogne as tech tree and the latter (Richelieu) 1. as a premium and 2. to be released near or around the same time as the French BB line release as a whole? and 3. given the Nelson issue last time, if it is a premium, will it be Free XP ship?

Personally, just like the Scharnhorst and Nelson issues previously, I would have preferred they put in those in tech tree instead of filling up with more fantasy ships (paper ships are ok, but preference for the real) but I'm not gonna make too much fuss about it. I'm sure for some it's hardly a surprise anymore that WG is too scared for the playerbase if an entire line of ships isnt very uniform and very similar, because on the brightside, a premium ship means no need to train new captain (save time) and has better earnings. Also less likely chance of nerf once released.

The other ships were added for live server testing last patch. Richelieu has been on live testing for a couple weeks now.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,258 posts
2,029 battles
2 minutes ago, cmdr_raccoon said:

I hope so too.

It's not a question of hoping, it's a statement of fact. Fear not, Richelieu is the line ship. :Smile_honoring:

[NUWES]
Members
1,658 posts
5,576 battles
1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

The other ships were added for live server testing last patch. Richelieu has been on live testing for a couple weeks now.

^This.