Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
theLaalaa

WG Dictionary of Phrases: "here to stay"

17 comments in this topic

Members
1,770 posts
26,603 battles

Outside of WarGaming, the phrase "here to stay" is used to express the permanence of a thing.

Inside of WarGaming, the phrase "here to stay" is used to express the existence of a thing for a longer, though still limited, amount of time and should not be confused with the real-world application of the phrase.

To wit:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/itsabouttime/

Grab USS Missouri from the US tech tree in Port for 965b79f4-b66a-11e6-abae-d89d6715223c.png750,000 Free XP!

Why Free XP? We wanted to give experienced players a new way of unlocking cool ships. Unlike Premium ship sales, Missouri is here to stay, so players will have plenty of time to stock up on Free XP! 

------> Fast-Forward 12 months.......

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0615-let-it-snow/

Bring Home Mighty Mo

Now's your chance to pick up the US tier IX USS Missouri for in-game Free XP -- she's departing on release of Update 0.7.2 as we roll out a new tier IX battleship that can be acquired with Free XP. We decided two ships occupying the same niche at the time is one too many. Get grinding, you can still get Missouri for about two more months.

Edited by theLaalaa

[SQUAD]
Members
9,176 posts
11,680 battles

Trusting WG not to break its word is kinda like trusting Murder, Inc not to, well, murder you. I stopped believing what they say, and suddenly found I wasn't mad at them anymore.

But, seriously, WG is a company, they exist to make money, they have to constantly alter their model in order to do so. They've released a LOT of subpar and bad ships lately, I'm guessing income has slowed down, so, to make that income back up, they do the usual knee jerk reaction marketing thing companies do, "OMG IT'S GOING AWAY BUY NOW OR BE LEFT OUT!", the Free XP ships are rather like status symbols in this game, MO more than Nelson. Nelson was cheap, and is honestly an average ship, MO is not cheap, and is pretty damn awesome, and that's just the combat, she's the best economic ship in the game on top of that.

Yeah, they changed things and broke their word. I honestly don't care. What I DO care about is dropping Ranked battles into the worst time of year for competitive players, the Xmas Potato Tsunami that is Christmas break. Neither one, however, is gonna kill me.

Members
1,770 posts
26,603 battles

Well... the first two responses give WG a pass on ethical behavior.

The initial message to WG is this:

Do whatever you want to the player base

without fear of adverse economic consequences.

Personally, I don't have a crack addict's moral compass. There seems to be a lot of "Stockholm Syndrome" in this game's player base.

Members
1,770 posts
26,603 battles
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

:cap_popcorn:

I'm happy to provide entertainment as well as information. ;)

[-K-]
Privateers, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,889 posts
10,188 battles

Don't worry, over in tanks, the definition of a permanent ban from entering WG contests is around 26 months.

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,933 posts
4,696 battles

Alright this is the first Missouri thread I found since it seems wg is burying them here are @Sub_Octavian responses on the other forums since no response has been made on NA

Sub_Octavian

• Starfleet captain
  • [WG]
  • Sub_Octavian
  • Developer
    • Administrator
  • 8,609 publications
  • 3 511 bout
  • Current City : Leningrad
  • GD Analyst
On 11/13/2017 at 8:48 AM, Kristof_Alber said:

950k of freedom for the LC of the 9th level, in which nothing good except the GC will not be in the presence of Missouri at the same level? I do not believe)

It may be more.
Missouri, if released now, much more would be worth it.
One way or another - the price of 950 000, as far as I know, was not mentioned anywhere, and I can definitely say that we are considering quite different options.

well I guess I have to do these one by one that is fine with me

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,933 posts
4,696 battles

Sub_Octavian

• Starfleet Captain
  •  
  • Sub_Octavian
  • WG Staff
  •  
  • 118 posts
On 8/4/2017 at 3:15 AM, IJN_Kitakami said:

Missouri only 45K more than her regular sister Iowa, got 2 sets of prem camo(that double the normal exp), prem status,radar,better armoured.

Missouri was priced when in-game economic "meta" was different. If we would price her today, she would cost, I guess, a couple of hundred more.
There is no point in using Missouri as a reference, and trying to calculate the price based on her solely. She's one of the reference points.

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,933 posts
4,696 battles

ANd the last one all of these are from EU and RU

Sub_Octavian

• Starfleet captain
  • [WG]
  • Sub_Octavian
  • Developer
    • Administrator
  • 8,609 publications
  • 3 511 bout
  • Current City : Leningrad
  • GD Analyst
12 hours ago, ImperiaLHonor said:

On account of Missouri and the like, then complicate the free receipt of such ships still some tasks on the highlite content. There were a lot of them in the rand. Some players did not sweat at all to get it. After pumping ships from people and so this freedom remained cars. For 600 fights I saved it 250 000, which is already speaking for 15k fights. I still can not understand how happy this ball is. People donate huge amounts of money for 8 prema, and then you bang ... Keep the super premise of the ninth lvl, which is better than all others, so it's free.

Yes and no :Smile_Default: Prem can be bought simply for money. Missouri, even for the paying player - time + money. The beauty is that everyone chooses the ratio himself.
The price of 750,000 to many justly seems huge. But, frankly, regarding its pharmacy and capabilities, it is really small. I suppose if Missouri goes back to selling someday, the price will be increased.

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,933 posts
4,696 battles
9 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

Outside of WarGaming, the phrase "here to stay" is used to express the permanence of a thing.

Inside of WarGaming, the phrase "here to stay" is used to express the existence of a thing for a longer, though still limited, amount of time and should not be confused with the real-world application of the phrase.

To wit:

Grab USS Missouri from the US tech tree in Port for 965b79f4-b66a-11e6-abae-d89d6715223c.png750,000 Free XP!

Why Free XP? We wanted to give experienced players a new way of unlocking cool ships. Unlike Premium ship sales, Missouri is here to stay, so players will have plenty of time to stock up on Free XP! 

Bring Home Mighty Mo

Now's your chance to pick up the US tier IX USS Missouri for in-game Free XP -- she's departing on release of Update 0.7.2 as we roll out a new tier IX battleship that can be acquired with Free XP. We decided two ships occupying the same niche at the time is one too many. Get grinding, you can still get Missouri for about two more months.

You should take a look at the Sub_Octavian quotes i copied here from the EU and RU forums it really seems like a cash grab at this point.

Members
1,770 posts
26,603 battles
38 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

You should take a look at the Sub_Octavian quotes i copied here from the EU and RU forums it really seems like a cash grab at this point.

I don't mind a company making a buck (ruble/euro/whatever). I do mind when a major item is that was company-assured to be waiting when you amassed 750k free XP will now NOT be there waiting when the goal is achieved.

I also mind being surrounded by lemmings that see no problem with the problem. Like I said, crack addicts. It doesn't matter how the pusher treats them, they'll take any abuse as long as they get their Premium Time/Ship/Enhancements fix.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
On 12/19/2017 at 12:08 PM, theLaalaa said:

To wit:

Bring Home Mighty Mo

Quit whining.

Members
1,770 posts
26,603 battles
7 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Quit whining.

Just pointing out the value of WG's word on something.

...also, I don't think anyone forced you into this thread and put a gun to your head and threatened to pull the trigger if you didn't post, so you're free to leave rather than posting uninformative drivel.

• Cool 1

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

The was honestly always going to happen, fxp inflation became a thing shortly after the new signals were introduced, making it far easier to farm fxp.

[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,721 battles

Yeah, WG outright lies about features and stuff all the time.  I mean, I give a pass on all the mechanics that were promised for the game during alpha then closed beta, but things like the promise to unify the economies of all three games like they had done with WoWP and WoT just show nothing WG says should ever be believed.  If they say a thing will definitely happen it means it's something they're seriously considering.  Don't count on anything they say in the future.  Same message I'll be repeating on the next major lie they tell.

Sign in to follow this