Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lightninger

Admiral Makarov HE Pen

15 comments in this topic

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,679 battles

Hi all,

Does anyone know whether Admiral Makarov, being a Nurnberg with a Russian skin, have the HE 1/4th penetration rule? or does it have the normal 1/6th? I know the hydro is the normal, not German version, but it would be helpful for deciding to acquire on which penetration rule the HE follows as well.

Lightninger

[HINON]
Supertester
19,195 posts
12,716 battles

Mouse is working on a review, she'll have the answer in there. Should be up within the next day or two.

I can't answer it, sorry, NDA.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,679 battles

All right, good to know it is coming soon. I was thinking at the very least, I could use it to farm elite captain experience in scenarios. However, Random Battles will be a completely different story so the penetration rule used is much more important to know.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,603 posts
5,163 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

Mouse is working on a review, she'll have the answer in there. Should be up within the next day or two.

I can't answer it, sorry, NDA.

....  well, could you answer it anyway, please? you don't have to have data that applies, just a gut feeling would be good enuff for me !!  :o)  I used to have a Makarov pistol, that wasn't that bad except for the firing pin kelp breaking, and when you did find ammo it was sometimes steel with exceedingly corrosive primers, and once and a while got stovepipe jams which are sort of alarming.

Edited by not_acceptable

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles
1 minute ago, not_acceptable said:

....  well, could you answer it anyway, please?

NDA means non-disclosure agreement, and you know what they say, curiousity killed the cat.

What I would imagine, if it doest gain the other features unique to the german Nurnberg, such as german hydro, than it probably doest gain 1/4 pen.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,603 posts
5,163 battles
4 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

NDA means non-disclosure agreement, and you know what they say, curiousity killed the cat.

What I would imagine, if it doest gain the other features unique to the german Nurnberg, such as german hydro, than it probably doest gain 1/4 pen.

I know, lert very patiently explained that to me a couple weeks ago, at the same time he told me about 'lertboxes' ... I was sort of hoping for an un-official lertbox moment, with good news.

as the Russians didn't have access to german ammo during the war, it's highly unlikely they would have german spec HE. but I also know there not much connection between RL ww2 history and ships here in WoWs.

which is my favorite game of all time, and particularly this time of the year, I LOVE WG TOO MUCH (weeping hot tears of thankfulness and joy). I got a SC last nite !!!

Edited by not_acceptable

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts
Just now, not_acceptable said:

I know, lert very patiently explained that to me a couple weeks ago, at the same time he told me about 'lertboxes' ... I was sort of hoping for an in-official lertbox moment, with good news.

as the Russians didn't have access to german ammo during the war, it's highly unlikely they would have german spec HE. but I also know there not much connection between RL ww2 history and ships here in WoWs.

which is my favorite game of all time, and particularly this time of the year, I LOVE WG TOO MUCH (weeping hot tears of thankfulness and joy). I got a SC last nite !!!

He can't do a lert box moment until the NDA is lifted. About the only thing he can say about the ship at the moment is it floats, it shoots, it sinks.

• Funny 1

[-TAB-]
Members
1,603 posts
5,163 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

He can't do a lert box moment until the NDA is lifted. About the only thing he can say about the ship at the moment is it floats, it shoots, it sinks.

if it floats, that's better than some of the other premiums released lately. see, i'm all about positive thoughts and by golly, people like me.

WG rocks !!! happy holidays, you've made mine joyful already !!!  :o)

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,679 battles
9 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Well having no German hydro, and if you are correct on having no German 1/4 HE pen, then it's a pretty hard nerf from the tech tree Nurnberg, and there would be no point in taking it out into Random battles at all. It would need the IFHE skill to get normal penetrations so might as well take the Budyonny which is stronger than the Nurnberg already anyway.

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles
1 minute ago, Lightninger said:

Well having no German hydro, and if you are correct on having no German 1/4 HE pen, then it's a pretty hard nerf from the tech tree Nurnberg, and there would be no point in taking it out into Random battles at all. It would need the IFHE skill to get normal penetrations so might as well take the Budyonny which is stronger than the Nurnberg already anyway.

The better question, why are you playing Nurnberg anyway, its like a phoenix at T6 with its tendency to be deleted.

From what I recall, Makarov has AA dps comparable to a Cleveland class cruiser, with the flat Russian arcs similar to budyonny.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,679 battles
1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

The better question, why are you playing Nurnberg anyway, its like a phoenix at T6 with its tendency to be deleted.

From what I recall, Makarov has AA dps comparable to a Cleveland class cruiser, with the flat Russian arcs similar to budyonny.

I don't play the Nurnberg, I have yet to touch the German cruisers beyond tier 3 (to get to the BBs). Just the Makarov can be used to farm elite captain experience in Scenarios just like the Molotov. The question is which HE rule does it follow, which leads to what captain skills it needs, how well it would perform in Scenario for farming exp and viability of taking into Randoms if desired.

Edited by Lightninger

Members
6,916 posts
7,508 battles

The thing I find amusing is that it'll be available from the in game tech tree, right from the start, and that start is tomorrow. Lol. The entire dev cycle for this ship has been really quiet compared to other ships, and now all of a sudden, all quiet like way down near the bottom of the update article, there she is. Lol. I have a feeling she's going to be as bad, if not worse, than Hangmeplz, and I just have no respect for WG releasing horrid ships for real cash.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
499 posts
5,581 battles

I am actually looking forward to this. I love the Nurnberg. If I had to guess I'd say they're probably going to keep the guns the same, do away with German hydro and give it better AA/defensive fire 

Sign in to follow this