You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

Zepp enter's final testing stages

23 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,308 posts
9,134 battles

It's unprecedented on how long this one ship has been in testing for.

I know it was a huge debacle, but did it really take 6 months to figure out a solution?

• Cool 1

[SF-3]
Members
1,540 posts
8,172 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I know it was a huge debacle, but did it really take 6 months to figure out a solution?

My hope is they used GZ testing as a catalyst to rework / rebalance CVs as a whole.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,876 posts
4,757 battles

I'm more or less excited that they not only decided on using options for both HE and AP bombs but regular torpedoes and deep water.

Oh and the Stuka sirens....and impressive secondary battery.

I wholy intend to brawl and blast people with stuka's this is gonna be me go to troll boat. 

[KNMSU]
Members
3,373 posts
4,008 battles

Carriers don't fit the game - they're either massively OP or insanely underpowered, aren't ruled by the same mechanics as the rest of us, and, quite simply, aren't fun. Until these matters are rectified, ships like GZ will continue to be both fringe combatants (literally and figuratively), and insanely difficult to balance. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

Well I am glad they are almost done, BUT until I hear what LWM and the other CC say about it, I am not interested in it.

Members
716 posts
9,924 battles

Dude, come on, Hydro?  Keep that crap, I don't want it.  What I really want is the original secondary range it came with.  

[ARGSY]
5,194 posts
18,937 battles

GZ? Seen her in her final version in 6.15

mhl1VvT.jpg

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,503 battles

The decreased the size of the drop circle for the DBs...are they stupid? It's tiny enough and requires zero skill to use. You don't have to plan an approach or worry about the ship maneuvering already. Making this smaller only makes it [edited] proof...ffs wargaming get a clue.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,753 posts
3,490 battles
30 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

refresh my memory..what tier is she going to be? T7 or T8?

Tier 8

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,753 posts
3,490 battles

Glad she's finally being released, and I look forward to the 1-2-1 setup.

I still believe AP and HE bomb patterns are completely backwards, but HE is far more useful than AP in my experience.

Not sure about going with deep water torpedoes over regular in the current meta of the game.

I'm looking forward to her release.

[KNMSU]
Members
3,373 posts
4,008 battles
1 hour ago, Madwolf05 said:

Glad she's finally being released, and I look forward to the 1-2-1 setup.

I still believe AP and HE bomb patterns are completely backwards, but HE is far more useful than AP in my experience.

Not sure about going with deep water torpedoes over regular in the current meta of the game.

I'm looking forward to her release.

The deep water torpedoes smell like a gimmick, and a useless one at that. Good carriers can (and do) bully and kill DDs with torpedoes; they are capable of saving themselves with torpedo strikes against marauding destroyers who have slipped around the back. A capable carrier captain isn't going to sacrifice that flexibility for slightly increased damage against battleships and cruisers. Doing do is essentially conceding that you can't kill destroyers.

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,413 battles
4 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Yes, because they kept throwing gimmicks at it rather than fix the problem. 

If they had released it with a 2/2/2 loadout with NORMAL torps in the beginning, this wouldn't have happened. 

But instead, they did the AP bomb 2/0/3 gimmick to rush it out and it was bad. And then they did the DWT gimmick so it could only hit BBs and CVs (LEL)... Which was bad against anything that wasn't a BB. 

So after all the gimmicks, we end up with a semi-normal CV with regular AND useless DWTs, in a 1/2/1 loadout that is essentially a 2/2/2 loadout with the bombers and fighters merged into one big squad each. 

Except now it has hydro because made in German. 

[WUDPS]
4,876 posts
4,757 battles
56 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

why the hell does a carrier have or need hydro anyway

When I intend to brawl with the secondaries, I'm gonna need it.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,464 posts
3,875 battles
18 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

When I intend to brawl with the secondaries, I'm gonna need it.

I have no words to describe how bad of an idea that is, but whatever makes it fun for you.

[WUDPS]
4,876 posts
4,757 battles
3 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

I have no words to describe how bad of an idea that is, but whatever makes it fun for you.

Yeah I've watched video's of people brawling with the thing in the end game...and out right decimating people. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,464 posts
3,875 battles
5 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Yeah I've watched video's of people brawling with the thing in the end game...and out right decimating people. 

I've never felt that brawling in a sluggish, inagile, lightly armored ship was ever worth it. Don't you play cruisers? Would you brawl a Bismarck in a Hipper without torpedoes? Because that's what this will be.

[WUDPS]
4,876 posts
4,757 battles

Consider it this way: you ran out of planes and you already did your damage for the match.

Essentially my 19 point CO would be carrier first, brawler second.