You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

Yamamoto Isoroku collection end date?

28 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
4,427 posts
9,599 battles

I looked around a bit, but couldn't find any info on if the Yamamoto Isoroku collection will be ending with tomorrow's update, 0.6.15.  I know the campaign will remain, and I assume the collection will continue, as well?

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,192 posts
18,932 battles

AFAIK this collection will stay without a time limit.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
21 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I looked around a bit, but couldn't find any info on if the Yamamoto Isoroku collection will be ending with tomorrow's update, 0.6.15.  I know the campaign will remain, and I assume the collection will continue, as well?

It's a permanent campaign. It will never go away.

[WOLF4]
Members
106 posts
4,220 battles

Supposed to be permanent, but dunno any more.  The Missouri was supposed to stay in the game for free XP, but WG is removing it now.  Seems like WG likes going back on their word.

• Cool 2

[TDD]
Members
905 posts
7,942 battles
1 minute ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Supposed to be permanent, but dunno any more.  The Missouri was supposed to stay in the game for free XP, but WG is removing it now.  Seems like WG likes going back on their word.

Yup...Permanent until it isn't....

word of warning going forward...don't procrastinate.

[MBR]
Members
229 posts
5,683 battles

WG said that Missouri "will be here to stay" not that she will be permanently on sale. But the Yamamoto Campaign will be permanent. What a shame, I was saving all my free xp to get the Missouri and now that I have 60% of its total amount, they'll remove her. I hope that the future tier 9 premium ship will be another credit and xp maker.

Members
1,310 posts
21,118 battles
5 minutes ago, MaxVladimus said:

WG said that Missouri "will be here to stay" not that she will be permanently on sale.

Yea.  I'm not sure if they specifically said this, but I tend to think at one point they did.   Missouri becomes a real prize now, I think.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,883 posts
1,338 battles
9 minutes ago, MaxVladimus said:

WG said that Missouri "will be here to stay" not that she will be permanently on sale. But the Yamamoto Campaign will be permanent. What a shame, I was saving all my free xp to get the Missouri and now that I have 60% of its total amount, they'll remove her. I hope that the future tier 9 premium ship will be another credit and xp maker.

You've got 2 months.  40% of the cost is easily done in 2 months.

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,392 battles
1 hour ago, MaxVladimus said:

Please know you will have about two months to still get the Missouri. She's not going away just yet.So don't despair, there's still time...

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,084 posts
8,994 battles

Free XP flags.. use them..

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
3 hours ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

It's a permanent campaign. It will never go away.

Just like Missouri is going to be in the tech tree permanently and will never go away.

[TDG]
Members
1,196 posts
6,037 battles
1 minute ago, issm said:

Just like Missouri is going to be in the tech tree permanently and will never go away.

There are many things recently that had "always", "permanent", and "never" attached that have all been changed.

This is not a good thing.

[PROJX]
Members
976 posts
15,772 battles
1 minute ago, issm said:

Hey issm - understand the intent of your point, but unfortunate timing.  The 6.15. Patch notes just gave a heads up that the Mizzou is being replaced by another T9 FXP ship w/ the 7.2 drop targeted in a couple of months (likely Musashi).

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
2 minutes ago, issm said:

That is a whole other issue, not that I'm disagreeing with your point there. however Wargaming hasn't said Missouri is gone forever, just being removed for Musashi to become the focus for everyone. I hope that @SuperNikoPower or @Pigeon_of_War would answer the questions asked about weather or not Missouri will return in the future but they haven't said anything so who knows?

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,392 battles

At this time, we do not have any information that the Yamamoto Isoroku collection is ending or the campaign is being removed. If this changes, we will make an announcement in the World of Warships news portal. We will see you all on the fair seas.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles
13 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

At this time, we do not have any information that the Yamamoto Isoroku collection is ending or the campaign is being removed. If this changes, we will make an announcement in the World of Warships news portal. We will see you all on the fair seas.

At the same time, you have to understand that suddenly deciding to yank away Missouri, which had been previously stated to be "here to stay", IE, heavily implied to be permanently available... has severely eroded what little trust players still had in WG's decisions.

"Permanent" no longer has any meaning in regards to WG decisions and players are going to remember this for a long time.

If you guys weren't constantly eroding player trust with poor decisions and outright lies multiple times a year, this wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by AraAragami
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,363 posts
12,181 battles
21 minutes ago, issm said:

Only with lawyer logic does that make sense.

How would a player be able to make (40% of 750k=)300k FXP in 2 months? That would require 5k FXP per day, or ~100k normal exp a day.

Even I couldn't keep that pace up for 2 months when I was playing this game the most, and I have some of the most games plaed for a single person.

The only way anyone could meet this deadline is to.... buy..... a whole bunch......... of premium............

Oh, so that's why WG is pulling this scummy move.

300k is around $50 worth of dubs to convert ship XP to free XP, depending on what sale may be going on. It is all about the money. Sometimes the way they go about it makes one scratch their head but it is a business, after all.

[TDG]
Members
1,196 posts
6,037 battles

I started playing late January this year.

Missouri (a ship I have personally experienced) was a goal to work for.  It was touted as "here to stay".  I knew it would take a long time to amass the Free XP to buy her.  However, I just started working on it with no pressure as I knew she would be there when I finally had what I needed.

I now know that I cannot count on having the time.  This will now figure in to how I approach everything about this game.  I need one more item to finish the Yamamoto collection.  Since this is a "permanent" collection, I figured I had all the time I needed to get that last item.  I now know this is not the case.

This is the last in a slide that has removed any expectation of consistency.  The previous was "only tech tree at Tier 10".

Now, it is their company and their game.  I still enjoy it, but I will likely invest much less time and money that I have to date.  All because I cannot plan on anything that is not "right here, right now".

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
1 hour ago, issm said:

"I know that WG basically lied to the playerbase to try and squeeze out a few extra dollars, but hey, it's a business, after all".

"I know the bank just lied to their customers and defrauded them, but it's a business, after all".

I don't care if "they're a business".

A scumbag, money grubbing, anti-consumer decision is a scumbag, money grubbing, anti-consumer decision, and it's unacceptable, no matter who does it, or why they do it.

While I think the language is a touch strong you are correct @issm.

Seriously the last time Wargaming made such a blatant cash-grab was.....Graf Zeppelin. 

Well I guess we have proof now Wargaming is descending into insanity because they are trying the same craptwice. First with a POS Premium that isn't really a premium (again) and another blatant cash-grab.

And here we thought things would get better and all that has happened it just got [edited]worse.

I think this sums it up nicely no?

9b3ec2629194a2642105cfc73c1d3abfc7e7f446

• Cool 1

Members
1,640 posts
7,482 battles
31 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

This is the last in a slide that has removed any expectation of consistency.  The previous was "only tech tree at Tier 10".

Let me quickly expand on this.

The USS Salem has been treated as a premium ship from day 1 of release.

She has a collectors flag ( The ones present in Ultimate style bundles ) and has a permanent camouflage, but WG has stated before that they will won't introduce buyable premiums at T8 or above, something that SEA was supposedly considering for Musashi release. Although this was also in the same source that mentioned they didn't know whether she would be T8 or T9. Salem is T10, meaning that even if shes a fxp premium or buyable, she still breaks this part of consistency.

While most players assume she will be a ranked reward ship, there is little evidence to support this, being that her camoflague is incorrect and the aforementioned premium bundle flag in the game files for her. Should Salem be a ranked reward this once again breaks consistency in that all ranked rewards previously, Flint and Black, have had the exact same camo pattern meaning that Salem is an inconsistency for little reason here.

It should also be noted, the confirmed T9 fxp battleship, Musashi also has a premium bundle flag present in the game files. To date, I am unaware of these flags being available outside of Ultimate bundles or special offers, which can be said to be simply upgrades to said bundle.

Removing Missouri also makes little sense in both ways. I'm sure far more customers would acquire the ship over the next year than people rushing within the next 2 months. It also denies WG the ability to make a Vs. event for Musashi vs. Missouri, similar to Clash of Elements, which would overall bring a positive impact to the game. Missouri also fulfils a different niche to Musashi in the first place, the latter trading essentially all AA power and speed for gun performance, not to mention consumables or the fact they are completely different nations. Overall these are 2 very different ships and both bring something unique to offer to the game.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,363 posts
12,181 battles
45 minutes ago, issm said:

"I know that WG basically lied to the playerbase to try and squeeze out a few extra dollars, but hey, it's a business, after all".

"I know the bank just lied to their customers and defrauded them, but it's a business, after all".

I don't care if "they're a business".

A scumbag, money grubbing, anti-consumer decision is a scumbag, money grubbing, anti-consumer decision, and it's unacceptable, no matter who does it, or why they do it.

You've been around this game about as long as I have. If you feel this strongly about it, why are you still here?

Not trying to be a jerk about it but what is your agenda? With all the foul play by WG that you have identified (right or wrong) over the last couple of years l'd expect you'd have walked away long ago.

• Bad 1

[TAFY3]
[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
432 posts
6,170 battles
48 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Let me quickly expand on this.

The USS Salem has been treated as a premium ship from day 1 of release.

She has a collectors flag ( The ones present in Ultimate style bundles ) and has a permanent camouflage, but WG has stated before that they will won't introduce buyable premiums at T8 or above, something that SEA was supposedly considering for Musashi release. Although this was also in the same source that mentioned they didn't know whether she would be T8 or T9. Salem is T10, meaning that even if shes a fxp premium or buyable, she still breaks this part of consistency.

While most players assume she will be a ranked reward ship, there is little evidence to support this, being that her camoflague is incorrect and the aforementioned premium bundle flag in the game files for her. Should Salem be a ranked reward this once again breaks consistency in that all ranked rewards previously, Flint and Black, have had the exact same camo pattern meaning that Salem is an inconsistency for little reason here.

It should also be noted, the confirmed T9 fxp battleship, Musashi also has a premium bundle flag present in the game files. To date, I am unaware of these flags being available outside of Ultimate bundles or special offers, which can be said to be simply upgrades to said bundle.

Removing Missouri also makes little sense in both ways. I'm sure far more customers would acquire the ship over the next year than people rushing within the next 2 months. It also denies WG the ability to make a Vs. event for Musashi vs. Missouri, similar to Clash of Elements, which would overall bring a positive impact to the game. Missouri also fulfils a different niche to Musashi in the first place, the latter trading essentially all AA power and speed for gun performance, not to mention consumables or the fact they are completely different nations. Overall these are 2 very different ships and both bring something unique to offer to the game.

The USS Salem is most likely a Clan Wars reward ship, and thus not a classic Premium ship.  World of Tanks has used tier X tanks as Clan rewards for years.  Premium bundle "flags" don't mean anything.