You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Selling Port Slots

12 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,293 posts
7,846 battles

Personally, I'm hoping they'll add a function like this into the game relatively soon. I'm not out to gain every ship in the game so between last year's events that granted multiple slots and the one coming this year, I'll have about 40 free slots when all is said and done. And this is with a fleet of nearly 100 ships. Admittedly t's not like I'm strapped for credits, but it'd still be nice to have a little more on hand just in case.

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Why would you want to sell port slots.  It makes no sense to sell port slots.  The more you have the better.  What if you want to get a ship that you haven't completed yet and you just happen to have sold off all of those valuable port slots?  This unfortunately is a bad idea and I'm sure people wouldn't want to do it.  I for one like having all of my port slots available even extra ones.  I will never know when they will be needed.

[TF16]
Members
826 posts
5,122 battles

Kind of a side note, don't mean to derail if it does...but is there a limit to port slots?

If you have all the port slots needed for all the ships in game, and you earn an extra port slot...do you get the slot or are awarded some other compensation?

[HINON]
Members
9,037 posts
5 minutes ago, Sock5 said:

Kind of a side note, don't mean to derail if it does...but is there a limit to port slots?

If you have all the port slots needed for all the ships in game, and you earn an extra port slot...do you get the slot or are awarded some other compensation?

Since they are always adding more ships to the game, i would imagine you would still get the slot.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,411 battles
28 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Personally, I'm hoping they'll add a function like this into the game relatively soon. I'm not out to gain every ship in the game so between last year's events that granted multiple slots and the one coming this year, I'll have about 40 free slots when all is said and done. And this is with a fleet of nearly 100 ships. Admittedly t's not like I'm strapped for credits, but it'd still be nice to have a little more on hand just in case.

I agree with you. I've got over 30 extra port slots. Wouldn't mind selling about 20 of them. Like you I don't really need the cash but would rather have it

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,665 posts
9,071 battles
18 minutes ago, Sock5 said:

I think asking to sell port slots is a first. Usually the request is to sell reserve slots which show up all the time in containers, I have in excess of 30 open slots.

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,388 battles

I think you should be able to sell port slots.  Its a commodity like everything else in the game.  Most of us are short on them, but if someone wants to sell the extra ones they have, go for it.  I would think WOWS would encourage this.  That way, they could sell the port slots back for profit if the players need them again in the future.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,010 posts
9,062 battles
2 hours ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

Why would you want to sell port slots.  It makes no sense to sell port slots.  The more you have the better.  What if you want to get a ship that you haven't completed yet and you just happen to have sold off all of those valuable port slots?  This unfortunately is a bad idea and I'm sure people wouldn't want to do it.  I for one like having all of my port slots available even extra ones.  I will never know when they will be needed.

Because the guy has 40 extra and he already has 100 ships. At half price, that’s about 6k gold. He can get a tier 6 premium ship for that or a few months of premium time. Also it doesn’t really mater if people like it or not, no one is forcing them to sell their slots..

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,388 battles
1 hour ago, SavageTactical said:

Because the guy has 40 extra and he already has 100 ships. At half price, that’s about 6k gold. He can get a tier 6 premium ship for that or a few months of premium time. Also it doesn’t really mater if people like it or not, no one is forcing them to sell their slots..

You don't sell anything for gold.  You only get 1/2 the credit equivalent of the original price for selling anything.  If you want to buy them back, you will have to spend real doubloons.  

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,010 posts
9,062 battles
10 minutes ago, Murcc said:

You don't sell anything for gold.  You only get 1/2 the credit equivalent of the original price for selling anything.  If you want to buy them back, you will have to spend real doubloons.  

True. I was under the impression the OP want to sell them back for gold since you can only buy slots with it.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,771 battles

Can I sell commander slots, I have like 80 free spots.